Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    We are short on left footed MID/STR
    Anymore on the player you got told yesterday ??
  • If you think Bowyer will take last years prized asset, player of the season and arguably the best player in the entire league and then play him in a completely different position you’re way off gentlemen.  

Like when Gerrard played left wing for England in one tournament. 
    Its not a different position though is it

Bowyer's formations werent rigid either with players sticking to one area of the pitch, instead they were forever swapping making it difficult to be marked

i.e. One minute you'd have Taylor dropping wide, the next minute he'll be up the middle with Harriott or Aneke supplying the cross

Of course the formation might not even be in Bowyer's thoughts but if Harriott does join or stick around longer it might be something worth trying as thats what Friendlies are there for
    You build your team around your best players.  Where they can be most affective, which is clearly Taylor down the middle, the fact he drifts is irrelevant, he’s tried and proven as a centre forward.

I think Bowyer is looking at Harriott because it would suit our minuscule budget.  If he does have a place in the team he will have to fit into a position that suits bowyer not one that suits Harriott I would guess.
    Yeah or we could have a squad which doesn’t rely on one formation...
    My point is Taylor doesn’t play out wide...
    Agreed, and I can see Forevers point but I agree that Taylor would not be our wide. But then if we played 433 and he was the central striker we couldn’t afford for him to do that. 

• Taylor = Striker, personally better up front and don't really want our main striker drifting like he had to towards the end of the season. (Probably for another thread not even rumour related)

Harriott - Was young and inconsistent with us, but also has valuable Championship experience. If he is a cheap option and someone Bowyer fancies, he will be useful.

Anyway any actual rumours floating around? back on topic....

• FAVADDICK said:
    Redhenry said:
    No
  • edited July 2019
    Not against Harriott signing could be useful coming of the bench but if we are to stay in this league we are gonna need better players
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Redhenry said:
    No
    Any hints?
  • Redhenry said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Redhenry said:
    No
    Any hints?
    He already said it isn't Bridcutt. 
  • I may have posted this before but I'm reminded of SCP, when he was manager, telling @killerjerrylee & I  that "they " had nearly "lost" Callum the previous season....

He added that, together with Alex Dyer, they had managed to get him back on track , thankfully.

I surmised from this brief exchange that Callum's head may have been affected, or even turned after gaining a place in the first team & achieving relative success therein. 

It was clear to me that the management at the time rated the young man & were happy to have "sorted him out"....

Since then, Callum has played for a Championship club, albeit spasmodically due to injuries but will have matured both as a person & as a player, with hopefully his decision making on the pitch improved. 

I hope that he takes this opportunity to impress Bow with both hands (and feet) . 
    To be honest fits in with my original opinion that he was cocky and arrogant. Thought he was ok, typical winger where he could be unplayable first half and non existent second half. 

Like you say hopefully he has matured and rediscovers some form, even if it ends up being elsewhere. 
  • Well anyway I’m not that keen on Harriott I wouldn’t turn my nose up at him I just think we need better now not squad bit parts.

I think he may sign this week if he shines, Bowyer has said “1 or 2” by the weekend, I think he’s the “or 2”.
  • Whilst we need better we are in the Ground Hog Roland shi t transfer budget situation as usual with the Rat. We need numbers and this awful budget will even hit us for our loan players. Harriet is where we are
  • Where was Taylor, career wise, at 25, the age Harriot is now?
    Where was Danny Green? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Where was Taylor, career wise, at 25, the age Harriot is now?
    Where was Danny Green? 
    Trying to be as good as Scotty Wagstaff 
    And failing
  • Glasgow Rangers linked with Herbie Kane. 
  • Ajayi’s been mentioned before but he’d surely cost too much for us.
  • Prefer a big Bonné.
  • Richard J said:
    Glasgow Rangers linked with Herbie Kane. 
    Now that (despite the Gerrard thing) wouldn’t make any sense for Liverpool. They need him to develop and learn to play at a higher level than last season. They will surely need him to be playing Championship football 
  • Cullen didn't get a kick Vs Man City tonight.
  • edited July 2019
    Bowyer still hoping for a signing or two this week.
  • I love a singing.

TWIST AND SHOUT