Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Imagine if we could line up similar to this away at Blackburn:

SUBS: Amos, Morgan, Pratley, Bonne, Pearce, and others that miss out from above.

IF we pulled off those 2 loan signings, I think that side would beat the drop and float around 16th mark.

Maybe Pearce > Lockyer

• Scoham said:
    Lockyer’s our only right footed centre back and I’m sure he’s been signed expecting to be first choice.

Based on the friendlies so far it also looks like we’ll play 3 at the back.
    Thought he was outstanding in the Daggers game in the first half.  The goal was a bonus, but can see him as a regular starter.
  • Think we might only be playing 3 at the back at the moment because we don’t have enough midfielders for us to put out 2 lots of a diamond midfield.

We shall see when we have signed a few more players how Bowyer decides to go.
  • Sage said:
    Think we might only be playing 3 at the back at the moment because we don’t have enough midfielders for us to put out 2 lots of a diamond midfield.

We’ve been using midfielders in Pratley, Lapslie and Doughty as part of the back 3/5 so I don’t think that’s the reason.

I think it’s more about the step up. It’s a bit more defensive than the diamond yet gives us numbers in midfield and allows us to stick with two strikers.
  • This would be very decent 

And importantly retain those from.last season and give us that 
    Momentum. 8 of 11 from play off I starting line up and 10 of 13 in the squad. Gone = aribo, parker, bauer 

CharltonByBlood said:
    Imagine if we could line up similar to this away at Blackburn:

SUBS: Amos, Morgan, Pratley, Bonne, Pearce, and others that miss out from above.

IF we pulled off those 2 loan signings, I think that side would beat the drop and float around 16th mark.

Imagine if we could line up similar to this away at Blackburn:

• Am I the only one who’s quietly confident about next season? If we get 1-2 more permanents and get 5 good quality loans in, I really think we could have a good go next year without too much trouble. 

I’m not saying we’ll be anywhere near top 6, but Sheffield United showed that good management is all you need to do well in the championship. Yes they had more financial firepower, but 80% of their squad were still from their league 1 days. Even Millwall just missed out on play-offs in their first year back in the Championship a couple of seasons ago 

This is obviously complete conjecture and I’m aware we’re likely to be in a relegation scrap

I get confidence when the signing are made, EG. Bielik, Cullen, Purrington on loans after I have seen them play a couple of games. Then I knew they would be excellent signings despite Bielik having a few games where he got caught on the ball early doors.
    This was last season obviously.

You say IF, 
    Lovely to be confident, but wait and see who comes in because as JFC said, every single member of our squad needs to step up from last season. We are short of a bit of class for the Championship as of now. IF and when these loans or free transfers come in, I will have a reappraisal.

Scunthorpe and Rochdale last season,
    Leeds and Derby this. I will come back to you on our chances of staying up.
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    Think we might only be playing 3 at the back at the moment because we don’t have enough midfielders for us to put out 2 lots of a diamond midfield.

We’ve been using midfielders in Pratley, Lapslie and Doughty as part of the back 3/5 so I don’t think that’s the reason.

I think it’s more about the step up. It’s a bit more defensive than the diamond yet gives us numbers in midfield and allows us to stick with two strikers.
    I understand the set up as a diamond and a back three is extremely similar. Just the holding midfielder is the central defender of the three and the full backs are pushed slightly further forward.

I just think that things may go back to the diamond once we have more midfielders through the door.

As things stand, we have essentially lost Cullen, Bielik, Aribo, Reeves, and Williams who played regularly, only to replace with Aneke who has been playing more closer to Taylor by the sounds of things than the position that Williams and later Aribo was playing.

Until we have more midfielders, I think Bowyer will continue with the back 3/5 as we have the depth and personnel at the moment to play it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:

I understand the set up as a diamond and a back three is extremely similar. Just the holding midfielder is the central defender of the three and the full backs are pushed slightly further forward.

I just think that things may go back to the diamond once we have more midfielders through the door.

As things stand, we have essentially lost Cullen, Bielik, Aribo, Reeves, and Williams who played regularly, only to replace with Aneke who has been playing more closer to Taylor by the sounds of things than the position that Williams and later Aribo was playing.

Until we have more midfielders, I think Bowyer will continue with the back 3/5 as we have the depth and personnel at the moment to play it.
    Indeed.  As things stand we don’t even have a midfield capable of winning league 1 never mind competing in the championship. Four of the above five players were absolutely fundamental to our success last season and even Reeves made an occasional contribution. At the moment, Aneke is untried, I’m confident Albie will step up and JFC will hopefully do us a turn. Otherwise we have nothing even remotely approaching a championship quality midfield. Williams would be a great signing but is brittle. Lapslie will run all day but I’m a long way from being convinced that he can become championship standard and Pratley’s best days are behind him. We are effectively looking for three championship quality midfielders to be signed and bedded in in the next two and a half weeks. Tall order with a budget. Norfolk Enchance with a few ha pennies. 
  • I've heard Johnny Williams signed a contract this morning
    OK i'll ask. When you say you heard he signed a contract who did you hear it from? It needs context.

Did you hear it from a good source or perhaps someone who read something on Twitter or Facebook or maybe even the guy above on here who calls him J Wills?
    Don’t pull on my heart strings like this, please be true.
  • Am I the only one who’s quietly confident about next season? If we get 1-2 more permanents and get 5 good quality loans in, I really think we could have a good go next year without too much trouble. 

I’m not saying we’ll be anywhere near top 6, but Sheffield United showed that good management is all you need to do well in the championship. Yes they had more financial firepower, but 80% of their squad were still from their league 1 days. Even Millwall just missed out on play-offs in their first year back in the Championship a couple of seasons ago 

This is obviously complete conjecture and I’m aware we’re likely to be in a relegation scrap

I get confidence when the signing are made, EG. Bielik, Cullen, Purrington on loans after I have seen them play a couple of games. Then I knew they would be excellent signings despite Bielik having a few games where he got caught on the ball early doors.
    This was last season obviously.

You say IF, 
    Lovely to be confident, but wait and see who comes in because as JFC said, every single member of our squad needs to step up from last season. We are short of a bit of class for the Championship as of now. IF and when these loans or free transfers come in, I will have a reappraisal.

Scunthorpe and Rochdale last season,
    Leeds and Derby this. I will come back to you on our chances of staying up.
    Very fair points. It’s definitely going to be a tough season, but I’m certain we’ll surprise a lot of teams this year once we’ve got an entire squad together (6-0 loss to Blackburn incoming)
  • edited July 2019
    Expecting something like this now as Ben and Eltham have heard it's happened. 

• Nothing on the OS yet
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Expecting something like this now as Ben and Eltham have heard it's happened. 

Already said, big badge at sparrows lane
  • Ohhh Jonny Jonny 
  • So Jonny will be the midfielder so has anyone got a clue to the striker that could be joining 
  • Sponsored links:

Don’t pull on my heart strings like this, please be true.
    He never said it was for us though...
    How long is the contract?.
  • Williams confirmed
  • Williams confirmed
    Get in!
  • Are we putting Oztumer to bed now?  
  • cfgs said:
    Are we putting Oztumer to bed now?  
    Does he need a bedtime story as well?
    Well he’s only little ain’t he so..