Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• In my opinion for a fully functioning Championship team/squad then Lapslie and Morgan would be on 2-3 year contracts and loaned to League One to get a full season of experience.  Pratley and JFC would be reserve places, Pratley for his experience and JFC as a chance of living up to his experience and as such Harriot would be a reasonably sensible ‘squad bet’.. may be 1st team material may not be... issue is we could end up at the end of the window with a whole squad full of the same!
  • JFC is better than a reserve, one of our few players with experience at this level.
    As good as Cullen is/was, his signing was primarily made to cover the JFC shaped gap the injury left. If fit and injury free JFC will more than likely be one of the first names on the team sheet.
  • I’m confident that Morgan can make the step up. Think he’s better than some people give him credit for
    This, big year for him, although I see him as our first off the bench in midfield rather than a starter but that still means he’ll get loads of game time.
  • nekitah played and scored for arsenal - so i think it is safe to say he is probably staying there and is happy to sit in the reserves/bench
  • I’m confident that Morgan can make the step up. Think he’s better than some people give him credit for
    This, big year for him, although I see him as our first off the bench in midfield rather than a starter but that still means he’ll get loads of game time.
    Agreed. Very good player and I have no issue with him starting games and playing a big part this season. My worry is we will be overly reliant on him and it won't do his development any good.

Bow has been brilliant at bringing young players through at their own pace. Giving them some game time then taking them out the spotlight for a while to work on aspects of their game before bringing them back when he thibk their ready. It would be great of he can continue to do this and isn't forced to overuse the young lads.
  • Shame about Ajayi I would have liked him.

What do we need ?

RCB 
    4 X MF
    2 X STR. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a rumour, but I notice Spurs released 2 good youngsters yesterday. Onomah + Edwards, both highly regarded. The latter apparently parties every night and is with a bad crowd, but I am sure Bowyer could sort him out.

Probably unlikely but as released players who were previously tipped to do well, might be worth a punt. Just googled Marcus Edwards and he is training with Brentford so probably not much chance of that one.  

• Wonder if we are still in for Jonson clarke harris? Ched Evans is also available on a free. 
  • Richard J said:
    Shame about Ajayi I would have liked him.

What do we need ?

RCB 
    4 X MF
    2 X STR. 
    1 X OWN. 

• Not a rumour, but I notice Spurs released 2 good youngsters yesterday. Onomah + Edwards, both highly regarded. The latter apparently parties every night and is with a bad crowd, but I am sure Bowyer could sort him out.

Probably unlikely but as released players who were previously tipped to do well, might be worth a punt. Just googled Marcus Edwards and he is training with Brentford so probably not much chance of that one.  

I think both would be out of our league as permanent signings anyway...

I think both would be out of our league as permanent signings anyway...

That's fair, I did say its unlikely but that sort of talent would be nice to see us go for.
  • nekitah played and scored for arsenal - so i think it is safe to say he is probably staying there and is happy to sit in the reserves/bench
    Scored yes, but he only played the last 8 minutes.

Emery will need to promise him a lot more playing time for him to want to stay there.

Still think he'll be loaned out, but it absolutely won't be to us.
  • Morgan is ready. Gifted player who can make an impact this year....even at the higher level. We should tie him down on a long deal asap to ensure he's not the next Aribo.
    Agree with this. I’d be more gutted losing Morgan than Aribo, I think he’s going to be a top player. 
  • JFC is better than a reserve, one of our few players with experience at this level.
    I'm slightly worried about how he returns from the ACL injury though. As excellent a footballer as he is, match pacing - after a year out - will be hard to adjust to immediately, and his actual levels of fitness are an unknown. I think he looked a little bigger than before the injury when he came on against Scunthorpe (not drastically so of course), so I'm a little concerned he might look off the pace for a while.

Of course, this is deliberate negativity, but knee injuries are horrible things to recover from, even in 2019 where rehabilitation is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was even ten years ago.
  • Seeing lots of rumours on Twitter about j wills signing for us today, any truth in it??
  • In my opinion for a fully functioning Championship team/squad then Lapslie and Morgan would be on 2-3 year contracts and loaned to League One to get a full season of experience.  Pratley and JFC would be reserve places, Pratley for his experience and JFC as a chance of living up to his experience and as such Harriot would be a reasonably sensible ‘squad bet’.. may be 1st team material may not be... issue is we could end up at the end of the window with a whole squad full of the same!
    I agree with this bar possibly retaining Morgan - our next players in through the door, whether loan or perm need to include 3 first choice midfield and 1 first choice striker as an absolute minimum. I’ve only seen Brendan W play once briefly against Doncaster in cup last year and thought he looked very good - the start he’s made this year could see him become a more major asset to the squad and possible starter?
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:
    JFC is better than a reserve, one of our few players with experience at this level.
    I'm slightly worried about how he returns from the ACL injury though. As excellent a footballer as he is, match pacing - after a year out - will be hard to adjust to immediately, and his actual levels of fitness are an unknown. I think he looked a little bigger than before the injury when he came on against Scunthorpe (not drastically so of course), so I'm a little concerned he might look off the pace for a while.

Of course, this is deliberate negativity, but knee injuries are horrible things to recover from, even in 2019 where rehabilitation is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was even ten years ago.
    That was 3 months ago though (Scunthorpe)

While it was great for his morale to come back before the season finished, it's great that he can have a full summer and pre season to get himself properly ready for August.
  • Seeing lots of rumours on Twitter about j wills signing for us today, any truth in it??
    Don't know.
  • edited July 2019
    Seeing lots of rumours on Twitter about j wills signing for us today, any truth in it??

The J Wills that signed for Sunderland last week?
  • Got a funny feeling something might happen today (absolute nothing to back that up with other than hope) 

• Agree with this. I’d be more gutted losing Morgan than Aribo, I think he’s going to be a top player.

I'm sure Roland will give you chance to compare the levels of disappointment.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    JFC is better than a reserve, one of our few players with experience at this level.

It's possible, but pace was never JFC's best attribute so hopefully he'll find his passing range pretty quickly and we won't notice too much of a difference
    You mean Jonny Williams?