Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Having seen how much Konsah's value rose in one year. Maybe Arsenal would sell him for a couple of million but a massive resale clause. 
  • C'mon Krystian, really make my summer!!

Hate to say it about Josh but would be delighted if it meant we could only get one with that being Bielik
  • Never in a million years. I hope I’m wrong but I genuinely can’t think of a scenario where he would come back to us - unless it’s a loan, but I’m pretty sure he said he wants a permanent exit if he’s not playing with Arsenal this year 
  • If Charlton can’t afford the wages perhaps Roland could sign them for the network (for selling on at a premium to a PL team at the end of the season) and loan them to Charlton this season at a lower wage. 
  • If Charlton can’t afford the wages perhaps Roland could sign them for the network (for selling on at a premium to a PL team at the end of the season) and loan them to Charlton this season at a lower wage. 
    What network clubs does he still own? Ujpest through his son? Does he still have Alcoron? 
  • Arsenal bought him for £2.2m and said they want to make a profit on him, can anyone imagine RD spending over £2.5m?
  • Never in a million years. I hope I’m wrong but I genuinely can’t think of a scenario where he would come back to us - unless it’s a loan, but I’m pretty sure he said he wants a permanent exit if he’s not playing with Arsenal this year 
    The only way I could have seen him return would be if he signed a new deal at Arsenal and went out on loan

If it's a permanent exit, and though he really enjoyed his time with us (and even ignoring the fee and wages) I can't see him going to a struggling Championship team, when he could join one chasing promotion
  • Scoham said:
    ross1 said:

Charlton and QPR in talks with Spanish defender – Free agent, future should be sorted next week

Failing to make an appearance for Getafe last season, Alberto Redondo never quite managed to make it to the La Liga side’s first team, and after the lack of faith showed in him, the 22-year-old didn’t renew his deal and is now a free agent.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/993225867?-11197:833
    Says he’s a left back, can’t see that happening.
    Sounds unlikely as we don't need another LB and he's too old to be an "exotic" academy punt like Aouchria
  • If Bielik is Championship bound then I’m fairly sure he would consider us because of last season. Where it all falls down though is what we would offer compared to pretty much anyone else. He definitely won’t be coming to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    Arsenal bought him for £2.2m and said they want to make a profit on him, can anyone imagine RD spending over £2.5m?
    Unlikely, but not impossible. What Arsenal want and what the player wants are not the same. If only we had new owners we could make such a good start that would have us all behind the whole club. Oh well.
  • Bielik to Leeds would be my guess
  • In the Sun article it says his contract is until 2021 - so he could just see it out.  Maybe he will go out on loan again - as long as the team loaning him are willing to pick up a good percentage of his wages.
  • LB should be on the phone to RD and tell him to stump up £2m plus Lookman money and he can treble his money in a year.
  • LB should be on the phone to RD and tell him to stump up £2m plus Lookman money and he can treble his money in a year.
    Got to convince Driesden first
  • I would like to see us use our 5 loan spaces on

1. Beilik
    2. Cullen
    3. Palmer
    4. H Kane
    5. Nketiah

then use the £3m Lookman cash to buy the best CB we can find. Job done.
    Absolutely no way Spurs are going to let Harry Kane go out on loan to the championship
  • So wheres this striker then not even a name mentioned either except baldock ???
  • Scoham said:
    ross1 said:

Charlton and QPR in talks with Spanish defender – Free agent, future should be sorted next week

Failing to make an appearance for Getafe last season, Alberto Redondo never quite managed to make it to the La Liga side’s first team, and after the lack of faith showed in him, the 22-year-old didn’t renew his deal and is now a free agent.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/993225867?-11197:833
    Says he’s a left back, can’t see that happening.
    Sounds unlikely as we don't need another LB and he's too old to be an "exotic" academy punt like Aouchria
    You mean he would become redondant?
  • Moo said:
    Wonder if we are still in for Jonson clarke harris? Ched Evans is also available on a free. 
    Wake your daughters up
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    Phillips Amos
    Dijksteel Solly
    Page Purrington
    Lockyer New signing
    Sarr Pearce
    Aneke Williams JFC Lapslie Morgan Pratley New signing x 2
    Taylor New signing
    Bonne New signing

Five more to go for two per position, realistically with Roland probably four with Wiredu or another youngster filling a gap.
    I think the emergence of Wiredu pushes Djiksteel inside, especially if we persist with a 3-5-2.  Also gives us the option of starting Pearce, although I'd prefer Pratley or ANO. Love to see Palmer back, as touted above, like to see us look at Tom Adeyemi also. Cullen, not getting gametime, wait til WH buy a CM.
  • We need to not confuse the economics of buying a player and not renewing BFG and Aribo.  When you allow a player to run down their contract you have to still pay the equivalent of a transfer fee to keep them.

Preston say budgeted £1,000,000 to buy a CB and 7k a week to pay them.  They saved the transfer fee but could pay slightly more in wages and a signing on fee.  It's not purely wages that's the problem.  Arsenal got themselves in a right mess with Orzil and Sanchez. 

It wouldn't supprise me if we bought a player, or even 2, that cost more than the total value we offered the 2 that left.  It doesn't just mean that giving that money to the 2 players would have made them stay, nor does it make a happy dressing room if a few players earn MUCH more than others. 

• ross1 said:
    LB should be on the phone to RD and tell him to stump up £2m plus Lookman money and he can treble his money in a year.
    Got to convince Driesden first
    I said this to someone very itk. Bend Thomas's ear and your halfway there to convincing roland. Tbh as much as Tom drivel is a major prick, his trusted and his opinion on transfers is valued by roland. I cant imagine drivel was anything other than impressed with bielik last season, so cant see why he wouldn't back it if it was plausible and put forward.
  • Surely he is just mates with him from the Welsh set up?!

Don't be so sensible. 

• Have a weird feeling about ampadu. Based on absolutely nothing and as unlikely as it seems - could somehow see it 
  • Lampard has come out and said he’ll go out on loan - so why not...?