Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• From what I can tell the Spanish guy is a right back who can also play left back. Perhaps this is a sign Dijksteel will be used centrally more and we therefore need right back cover for Solly. Also means we'll have more options on the left when Page invariably gets injured
  • sam3110 said:
    From what I can tell the Spanish guy is a right back who can also play left back. Perhaps this is a sign Dijksteel will be used centrally more and we therefore need right back cover for Solly. Also means we'll have more options on the left when Page invariably gets injured
    I hope not.  Dijksteel is a very promising player but his heading is very weak and that's a prerequisite for a centre back

Unless yo mean central midfield...in which case I stand corrected
  • I mean as part of a back 3, where not all 3 of them have to be amazing in the air
  • We started last season with Solly as the right centre back in a back 3, and ended the play-off semi-final with Dijksteel in the same position.

England also used Kyle Walker in a similar role.

Dijksteel’s done it during pre-season, as has Purrington on the left.

It’ll probably happen during the season if Bowyer wants to stick with 3 at the back, as we’re unlikely to have 5/6 natural centre backs.
  • I feel we're only playing a back 3 out of necessity and the diamond will return once we get the bodies in.
  • We used both last season and I’m sure that’ll be the case next season.

Pratley’s played at CB when he could easily be pushed up to make a diamond midfield, so I’m not convinced it’s only about waiting for midfielders to come in.
  • Dijksteel hasn’t signed a new contract think might be his replacement if he doesn’t sign.Bowyer will look to sell if he doesn’t sign.sort of hinted that in a recent interview 
  • Pratley got tossed about like a rag doll when he played CB last year
  • Scoham said:
    We started last season with Solly as the right centre back in a back 3, and ended the play-off semi-final with Dijksteel in the same position.

England also used Kyle Walker in a similar role.

Dijksteel’s done it during pre-season, as has Purrington on the left.

It’ll probably happen during the season if Bowyer wants to stick with 3 at the back, as we’re unlikely to have 5/6 natural centre backs.
    Converting full backs into centre halves is all the rage these days. Azpilicueta won a league title at CH and he's about a foot tall. Having the wider CH be a converted full back is what managers want these days as they have the positional knowledge to cover for the fact wing backs are now the key attacking providers in the team for that formation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps we are preparing to follow Wilder and have overlapping centre-backs?
  • Sage said:
    Dijksteel hasn’t signed a new contract think might be his replacement if he doesn’t sign.Bowyer will look to sell if he doesn’t sign.sort of hinted that in a recent interview 
    Believe it won’t be long until Anfernee signs a new deal. He wants to stay.
    Has a different Agent to Joe Aribo I hope?
  • Hope he does sign a new contract as I’m sure Bowyer does. But good to see Bowyer hinting that if you don’t your off now. Don’t think he was to pleased with losing Aribo and don’t want that happening again.not that it was bowyers fault he run his contract down. 
  • I would like to see us use our 5 loan spaces on

1. Beilik
    2. Cullen
    3. Palmer
    4. H Kane
    5. Nketiah

then use the £3m Lookman cash to buy the best CB we can find. Job done.
    If we could get 2 of those first 4 i'd be very happy.

Nketiah is not coming to us.
  • Michael Morrison signed for Reading
  • it doesn't look like any signings today then. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Bielik has a chance here to do something amazing.  He could ask Arsenal to rip up his contract and say "It's not about the money - I want to play football" and then sign for Charlton.

A bit like Williams

It's a chance to give something back to a club that took a punt on them,.  Williams could have just sat thee and taken his £25k a week at palace but he chose to leave and play - and has followed that up again this season by staying so he can play.

As unrealistic as it is - Bielik loved it here and fitted in well.  OK so he might only earn £19.5m instead of £20m in his career but you'd hope he maybe sees it as a year to solidify himself and kickstart his career.

If Mings is worth £26m then what price Bielik after another good season with us?
    I'm pretty sure Charlton aren't the only club he could play football at though. Sadly for us i think there will be bigger championship clubs after him, especially after his Euro U21 performances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven’t these been a bit overdone now ?
  • Ampadu undergoing a medical at RB Leipzig 
  • Ethan Ampadu has completed his medical ahead of a loan move to RB Leipzig

• Ethan Ampadu has completed his medical ahead of a loan move to RB Leipzig

Another one like George Boyd with bad hair, didn't want him anyway
  • edited July 2019
    Naby's Senaglese namesake looks useful in ACoN. Relative? Plays for some tinpot Swiss side.
  • The same Ismaila Sarr who was linked with Arsenal over the last January window?
  • He comes from Senagal
    He fecking hates Millwall
    Naaaby Sarr
  • The same Ismaila Sarr who was linked with Arsenal over the last January window?
    Ah  not Sangone Sarr then? Is Sarr Senegalese for Smith?