Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I’d absolutely love to get Bielik and Cullen back. But as a note of caution, just remember that a midfield of those two, Williams and Aribo was good enough to finish third in league 1. There’s no guarantee that even with three of them back plus JFC and Albie that we’d be good enough for the championship. At the moment we are well short but at least some pieces are beginning to fit together. But there remains a real possibility/probability that we start the championship with a weaker team than we left league 1 with.  Only in Roland’s world.....
  • That Londonnewsonline website is absolutely shocking. Takes about 10 mins to load a page and has been like that for months.
    Builds the suspense
  • edited July 2019
    clive said:
    Interesting its because Bowyer thinks that Arsenal will keep him rather than us losing out to another team
  • Charlton boss Lee Bowyer has ruled out a loan move for Eddie Nketiah.

“It is looking difficult,” said Bowyer. 

“He is in the first-team and doing well in the first-team. I can’t see them letting him out on loan.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-admits-that-arsenal-striker-linked-with-valley-loan-is-out-of-reach/

• clive said:
    Charlton boss Lee Bowyer has ruled out a loan move for Eddie Nketiah.

“It is looking difficult,” said Bowyer. 

“He is in the first-team and doing well in the first-team. I can’t see them letting him out on loan.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-admits-that-arsenal-striker-linked-with-valley-loan-is-out-of-reach/

You wait an hour for the page to load for something that is less of a story and more of a quote.
  • Everyone talking about resale value on Bielik & Cullen, wake up! RD will not be planning to stay to benefit from any resale so although on paper it seems easy enough, it just wont happen. Unless they can somehow write a contract in the event of them being sold a % goes back to RD?
    I don't think that would be beyond the realism of impossibility and in all truth would be fair enough if so? 
    Would it not be against the rules?
  • getting Bielik back would top absolutely any other signing !

can't see it myself....but would be amazing
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Today should be interesting one way or another. There was clearly an intention a few days ago to get more than just Williams in before Saturday. Will we be able to carry that through or not?
    Yeah in his interview sounds like a striker incoming lets hope it's a good day 
    Where is this? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer said 1 or 2 after the Amos signing before the gills friendly, so there’s a good chance nothing happens today, and I don’t think anyone credible has mentioned any names?  Unless it’s Harriott signing.
  • Bowyer said 1 or 2 after the Amos signing before the gills friendly, so there’s a good chance nothing happens today, and I don’t think anyone credible has mentioned any names?  Unless it’s Harriott signing.
    I'd be surprised if it were Harriott as Bowyer has said he wants to take a look at him over the next few weeks first

Reckon Harriott will be a last minute signing like Josh Parker was if he even joins
    I'd be surprised if it were Harriott as Bowyer has said he wants to take a look at him over the next few weeks first

Reckon Harriott will be a last minute signing like Josh Parker was if he even joins
    Agreed, he will be our Josh Parker should the forward they really want not happen.
  • Everyone talking about resale value on Bielik & Cullen, wake up! RD will not be planning to stay to benefit from any resale so although on paper it seems easy enough, it just wont happen. Unless they can somehow write a contract in the event of them being sold a % goes back to RD?
    I don't think that would be beyond the realism of impossibility and in all truth would be fair enough if so? 
    Would it not be against the rules?
    I think it’s against the rules to hold a third party ownership but wouldn’t be to have a future sell on clause. 
  • edited July 2019
    Bowyer said 1 or 2 after the Amos signing before the gills friendly, so there’s a good chance nothing happens today, and I don’t think anyone credible has mentioned any names?  Unless it’s Harriott signing.

Agreed, he will be our Josh Parker should the forward they really want not happen.
    I wouldnt mind if we got another Striker (Taylor backup?) and then signed Harriott

Means we've got Taylor | New Man | Harriott | Bonne | Aneke who can all effectively play up there

I imagine that this new Striker will be effectively a Grant replacement though
  • In the last few hours, maybe more out of blind hope. I am a realist to know it won't happen as this is the real world so it won't happen. After the play off final in his interview he was stating about how much he enjoyed it here, the best dressing room he has ever been in, everybody being family then stated "he can't wait for next season".  Maybe there is more to it then meets the eye, especially as more or less after that he went and told Arsenal he did not want to play in their Under 23 squad and wants to play 1st team football.  Maybe that is something he will do. It will be fantastic if that happens. However, if it sounds too good to be true then it is. 
  • Bielik Incoming today!
    I'd like to apologise now for giving you a lol! if this is actually true
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Interesting its because Bowyer thinks that Arsenal will keep him rather than us losing out to another team
    Looks that way......

• Valley11 said:
    clive said:
    Looks that way......

It's a good thing really if Nketiah will get decent game time at Arsenal. Was regularly on the bench there last season and with their lack of attacking options likely to get action this season

• A left back seems the last position we need right now. Purrington & Page. And Sarr could play there if desperate 
  • Doesnt seem to ring true for me

i.e. He'd be our first signing from outside of England under current Management

Just doesnt seem the sort of player Bowyer is after
  • I would be surprised if that were happening, but it wouldn't shock me if Bowyer wanted to bring in more of a wing back and look at Purrington on the left of central defence. Same with Dijksteel on the other flank
  • “Alberto Redondo continues to flirt with French football. The transfer to Lens or Saint-Etienne is not finished. Charlton and QPR have joined the bidding on the right side of Getafe CF "B".”
  • He's a right footed right sided player

Not a left footer