Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Beardface said:
    We would love both of them of course but given the choice of Cullen OR Bielik, which would you opt for ??

For me Cullen every time..just a great all round midfielder of the old "tackle and pass" school. 
    That’s a tough question no doubt, but Cullen reminds me too much of peak Scott Parker to turn down.
    Can't agree with that. Cullen is a v good footballer and bossed the midfield of a league 1 team, but Parker was an absolute monster of a footballer who wiped the floor with the premier league at a similar age. He was a phenominal tackler, scorer of screamers, and directed play better than anyone I've ever seen play for Charlton, epitomising the box to box midfielder people love to watch.

As much as I dislike the way he left, Parker was an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer and could have become genuinely world class had he waited another 6 months and replaced Roy Keane at Man U, rather than jumping to Chelsea and being misused to the point of injury.  In my opinion Cullen doesn't possess the range of skills or vision to be realistically considered akin to Parker. He will hopefully turn in to a very good footballer though, for us or someone else. 
    If there is any doubt about how good Scott Parker was then his performance for Fulham against us last time we were in the Championship was a perfect example

Even at his age he absolutely bossed the whole of the Midfield and controlled the game

Hope he has a good stint in Management with Fulham too now, unless of course we're battling them for position in which case he can feck off
    The 1-1 home draw v. Arsenal was even better imho. 
    Top two in the League, and he was the best player on the pitch. 
  • Whilst I would love both Bielik and Cullen back, I just can't see it - they will have many suitors who can blow us out of the water wage wise and if they are being sold, Roland won't be forking out that sort of money.

However, Bowyer and Gallen won't be putting all their eggs in that basket and will be working hard on bringing in some other quality loanies, who can hopefully have similar impacts. I can't think of anyone they have brought in that hasn't made a positive impact - unlike many of Robinson's and the bilge we had managing us before him.

In Bowyer and Gallen we trust.
    We said that about Amos and Williams...

Only problem with the loans is that I imagine some clubs may be willing to pay the parent club a fee as well as wages

Then again am sure the player will still get a say on where they want to go though
    True but I think Amos having a bad season and being at a club like Bolton, with their troubles, has led to him wanting to be somewhere he knows he is appreciateda he has been successful before.

Williams has had his mental health issues, as highlighted by the Netflix series, and I think he realises it is more important to be somewhere he feels happy, secure and supported rather than up sticks and potentially end up unhappy again.

I think Cullen and Bielik are in completely different positions. However, their positive experiences and relationships with the club and Bowyer will hopefully mean they choose us if it comes down to a straight choice between us and another championship club.
  • Whilst I would love both Bielik and Cullen back, I just can't see it - they will have many suitors who can blow us out of the water wage wise and if they are being sold, Roland won't be forking out that sort of money.

However, Bowyer and Gallen won't be putting all their eggs in that basket and will be working hard on bringing in some other quality loanies, who can hopefully have similar impacts. I can't think of anyone they have brought in that hasn't made a positive impact - unlike many of Robinson's and the bilge we had managing us before him.

In Bowyer and Gallen we trust.
    We said that about Amos and Williams...

Only problem with the loans is that I imagine some clubs may be willing to pay the parent club a fee as well as wages

Then again am sure the player will still get a say on where they want to go though
    True but I think Amos having a bad season and being at a club like Bolton, with their troubles, has led to him wanting to be somewhere he knows he is appreciateda he has been successful before.

Williams has had his mental health issues, as highlighted by the Netflix series, and I think he realises it is more important to be somewhere he feels happy, secure and supported rather than up sticks and potentially end up unhappy again.

I think Cullen and Bielik are in completely different positions. However, their positive experiences and relationships with the club and Bowyer will hopefully mean they choose us if it comes down to a straight choice between us and another championship club.
    I'm sure JW realises good mental health is more important than money.
  • Not a great first half but West Ham as a whole were very poor. I hope he has a dreadful second half so that Pelligrini decides he doesn’t rate him and sends him back out on loan :smile:
    No disrespect to Cullen but was thinking the same 
  • edited July 2019
    23-year-old midfielder Josh Cullen wasn't very influential in the first half for West Ham but he picks a good ball here to feed Pablo Zabaleta. The cross is cut out but the Hammers have started this half better.

Sounds as though Cullen didn't impress

Some comments on him here 

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175380&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=160
  • Wow. Hes played 1 pre season game 
  • All this talk of signing them or getting them back is just so unrealistic 
  • 23-year-old midfielder Josh Cullen wasn't very influential in the first half for West Ham but he picks a good ball here to feed Pablo Zabaleta. The cross is cut out but the Hammers have started this half better.

Sounds as though Cullen didn't impress

Some comments on him here 

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175380&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=160
    Majority think he won’t even get a minute of game time this season. Makes you worry that they won’t loan him out but instead will offload him and try to get a fee, which unfortunately will rule us out
  • Sponsored links:

• Cullen taken off
    Where he was met by Bowyer who took him straight to a nearby airfield where a private jet was waiting to whisk him back to London, so that he can sign a 5 year contract
  • All this talk of signing them or getting them back is just so unrealistic 
    Bielik probably, but I don't think it's unrealistic to think that Cullen could end up back here. 
  • Cullen taken off
    Where he was met by Bowyer who took him straight to a nearby airfield where a private jet was waiting to whisk him back to London, so that he can sign a 5 year contract
    Well, if that is correct, that is great news. 
  • Stewart said:
    Cullen taken off
    I don't think Roland would pay for a private jet : - )
  • Stewart said:
    Cullen taken off
    I don't think Roland would pay for a private jet : - )
    Certainly not from China...  😉
  • Says we are paying around 1,000,000 for Cullen. Not sure I believe that 😂
  • Says we are paying around 1,000,000 for Cullen. Not sure I believe that 😂
    https://foreverwestham.com/2019/07/blog-topics/charlton-ready-to-move-in-on-cullen/
  • That article doesn't really say much. More like a West ham fan just thinks Cullen will be a charlton player. 
  • It mentions a reliable source! I’m accepting any sources that make me think we still have a chance 😂 
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    It mentions a reliable source! I’m accepting any sources that make me think we still have a chance 😂 
    I actually missed the source part, hopefully it means something but if talk of us having to stump up a million is correct then we've got no chance. Just have to hope west ham want to loan him again. 
  • Scoham said:
    He’s definitely worth more than that. Could be a key player for us for years.

Absolutely right. 
  • Cullen has half a season playing decent, for Bolton he did nothing. Given we sold one of the league's top goalscorers this year for £1.5m.  if WH want more than £300k we should look elsewhere. If he is in last year of contract not worth that.
    He is definitely worth 300k.

• Scoham said:
    Agree Scoham, but face value he hasn't done it.  If L1 sides like Sunderland get a sniff, he may go for £300k, but I doubt it.
  • Stewart said:
    Cullen taken off
    I don't think Roland would pay for a EasyJet :smile:
  • 300k is a snip! 
  • Scoham said:
    Agree Scoham, but face value he hasn't done it.  If L1 sides like Sunderland get a sniff, he may go for £300k, but I doubt it.
    He has for us which is the important thing. He's a better and more experienced player than when he played for Bolton, and Bowyer's football suits him far more than Parkinson's did.

To me he looked like a player that I'd be confident could handle the step up. I thought the same about Yann, Solly and Wiggins last time we were promoted from League 1. They all went on to do well in the Championship.
  • edited July 2019
    300k is a snip! 
    But free on the NHS. 

:smile:

Sorry but I'm getting a tad hysterical watching the Super Spitfires implode.