Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Is it too difficult to understand? As a buyer, the product has issues.  As a seller it is the best example of the variety. That was the point of my posts. I thought CL readers were more intelligent than to take posts literally. Obviously I was wrong.
    What have you taken ?
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Scoham, you are talking as a seller. We are a potential buyer. He is shit or wouldn't have been hooked tonight.
    You’re joking right? So does that include every other West Ham player that got taken off today, they all must be shit. Especially Hernandez, Yarmolenko, and Lanzini as they got taken off at half time.

Cullen was one of the best players in League One last season and will easily command a higher fee than 300k if he was to be sold. He’s been the Republic of Ireland U21 captain and has been called up to their senior team too. If we sign him, we will have a quality player on our hands who is only going to get better and better.

I really wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Morgan go out on loan, he has fantastic vision and ability going forward but you can tell Bowyer is conscious of his game going the other way. Playing for a League One side maybe until January will do him the world of good. Ideally, Lapslie will do the same but I think that Bowyer trusts him that little bit more than Morgan right now. So we shall see.

We need at least 4 very good midfielders to come in and complement Forster-Caskey, Williams, and Aneke. Just like we need two strikers to come in, to partner Taylor up front but also to allow Bonne to develop to the standard we need him to be, without the pressure of being thrown in.

Lots of work to be done, but I think we should hopefully see a couple of signings near the beginning of the week, meaning that we will need around another 4 more in before the window closes

In Bowyer and Gallen I trust.
    Is that just your gut feeling @Sage or do you know something?
    Been told of one that we are close to, that it could, and hopefully will, be done before Colchester if things go well. No point even naming anyone because I’m not putting myself in that position, just that I expect a signing by Tuesday. Again, so long as it goes to plan.

The rest is a gut feeling because Bow and Gallen will be working on numerous deals all the time, one is closer than the rest but work to be done on that one yet.

I expect the next couple of signings to be names of which haven’t been mentioned, or I haven’t seen mentioned beforehand.
    Midfielder?
  • edited July 2019
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Scoham, you are talking as a seller. We are a potential buyer. He is shit or wouldn't have been hooked tonight.
    You’re joking right? So does that include every other West Ham player that got taken off today, they all must be shit. Especially Hernandez, Yarmolenko, and Lanzini as they got taken off at half time.

Cullen was one of the best players in League One last season and will easily command a higher fee than 300k if he was to be sold. He’s been the Republic of Ireland U21 captain and has been called up to their senior team too. If we sign him, we will have a quality player on our hands who is only going to get better and better.

I really wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Morgan go out on loan, he has fantastic vision and ability going forward but you can tell Bowyer is conscious of his game going the other way. Playing for a League One side maybe until January will do him the world of good. Ideally, Lapslie will do the same but I think that Bowyer trusts him that little bit more than Morgan right now. So we shall see.

We need at least 4 very good midfielders to come in and complement Forster-Caskey, Williams, and Aneke. Just like we need two strikers to come in, to partner Taylor up front but also to allow Bonne to develop to the standard we need him to be, without the pressure of being thrown in.

Lots of work to be done, but I think we should hopefully see a couple of signings near the beginning of the week, meaning that we will need around another 4 more in before the window closes

Been told of one that we are close to, that it could, and hopefully will, be done before Colchester if things go well. No point even naming anyone because I’m not putting myself in that position, just that I expect a signing by Tuesday. Again, so long as it goes to plan.

The rest is a gut feeling because Bow and Gallen will be working on numerous deals all the time, one is closer than the rest but work to be done on that one yet.

I expect the next couple of signings to be names of which haven’t been mentioned, or I haven’t seen mentioned beforehand.
    Midfielder?
    Waffle? Jack shit? Na da ?
    Sounds more like you’ve read Bowyers comments and made it sound like you’re ITK.
    names of players?
    behave!
  • FFS I would love to see Cullen in a red shirt. We just should not be bigging him up on social media which will be read by Sullivan & co. 
    Yeah I’m sure Sullivan & co spend their time on CharltonLife and that our positive comments will stop us from being able to afford him...

Our fans were praising him all season and West Ham know Bowyer & co rate him very highly and would like him back. A few comments on here doesn’t change anything either way.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:

Cheers mate
  • I know last season Bowyer wasn’t impressed with Albie when after an injury lay off he came back all tubbed up .

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    We have 18 days to make at least 5, but hopefully 6-7 signings.
  • We have 18 days to make at least 5, but hopefully 6-7 signings.
    Which is simultaneously both ridiculous and hopeful
    Lets hope its the latter as the squad seems so far from the one that comfortably beat Gillingham in April.
  • edited July 2019
    CafcSCP said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Midfielder?
    Waffle? Jack shit? Na da ?
    Sounds more like you’ve read Bowyers comments and made it sound like you’re ITK.
    names of players?
    behave!
    Haha, you can crack on and can think whatever you want.

I know what I’ve been told and only passing on, if you would like to share anything, that’s if you know anything, I’m sure many on here would be grateful and not be the way you’ve come across.
    Bowyer did say we'd bring in 5 loans, I don't think he'd say it if it wasn't realistic.
    My guess would be 1-2 perms and 3 - 4 loans (but only if LB thinks they will 'fit').
  • Sponsored links:

• Krystian Bielik is injury prone, gets caught on the ball, and no one knows his best position. No way is he ready for Premier football. Bielik needs a Season in the Championship to iron out his obvious weaknesses. A London club is ideal, where he can be monitored by our coaching staff and where he can still mix with the polish community where he has many friends.
    The London club south of the river would be ideal, our local rivals back in the day, CAFC.
    Krystian is progressing after one season at the valley but another season there would be advantageous for Arsenal and the player before he is written off.

Email sent to Unai Emery from Arsenal season ticket holder Sami box Arslan.

Good things Emery will be taking advice on his players from a random fan! 
  • Scoham said:
    Bowyer did say we'd bring in 5 loans, I don't think he'd say it if it wasn't realistic.
    cafc-west said:
    My guess would be 1-2 perms and 3 - 4 loans (but only if LB thinks they will 'fit').
    If we can get Oztumer (surely the FA will have to rule on Bolton players' contract issues before the season starts) plus 5 decent loans i'll be pretty happy.

Midfield is a huge concern right now.
  • I’m wondering if Ozzy is incoming this week, if Albies on the move?
  • I’m wondering if Ozzy is incoming this week, if Albies on the move?
    If Sage is right it’ll be someone we haven’t been linked with/hasn’t been mentioned yet.
  • Eddie Arsenal striker got another two yesterday. 
  • Sage I am talking as a buyer. Cullen is shit. WH will do well to get him off their wage bill.
    Strong contender for most stupid and unknowledgeable post of the year and it’s got some good competition. 
  • Sage I am talking as a buyer. Cullen is shit. WH will do well to get him off their wage bill.
    Strong contender for most stupid and unknowledgeable post of the year and it’s got some good competition. 
    As AFKA said earlier it was meant to be a joke. 
    Whooosh!
    I think if you read it in context it's the most obvious joke that's wooshed lots of people and it's got some good competition. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage I am talking as a buyer. Cullen is shit. WH will do well to get him off their wage bill.
    I think if you read it in context it's the most obvious joke that's wooshed lots of people and it's got some good competition. 
    Exactly