Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I don't think you need proof - good players will be on the radar, it is safe to assume. I agree, most bottom half clubs would probably be keen and that is quite a few clubs!
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Sage you have a great recall of his excellent play, but I doubt many Championship scouts rate him as highly.
    I understand from a contact that QPR are keen on on him as it happens 😮
    QPR are in almost a big a mess as us.  If it was his choice I would imagine he would rather be an Addick than a super hoop. 
    Maybe but the point was not many Champuonship scouts rate him as highly which is not true .
    Who else then other than QPR?
    You're missing the point.
    I'm not, you have indirectly said many Championship scouts rate him highly but I doubt you have proof of that. 

If I'm honest, I'm not sure how many Clubs would want him but would be surprised if most bottom half clubs wouldn't take him. 
    Well that's your incorrect interpretation, see my subsequent post and have a rethink. Do you seriously think that as an Ireland international and his performances for us last season culminating in an assist for our winner at Wembley on live TV for all to see that he is not on the radar of other Championship clubs? Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see him re sign for us but don't get all upset with news that we don't have first dibs and that there is other interest out there in him.
  • The main reason Josh joined us over a championship side was due to his close friendship with Lewis Page. 

• RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Sage you have a great recall of his excellent play, but I doubt many Championship scouts rate him as highly.
    QPR are in almost a big a mess as us.  If it was his choice I would imagine he would rather be an Addick than a super hoop. 
    Maybe but the point was not many Champuonship scouts rate him as highly which is not true .
    I'm not, you have indirectly said many Championship scouts rate him highly but I doubt you have proof of that. 

If I'm honest, I'm not sure how many Clubs would want him but would be surprised if most bottom half clubs wouldn't take him. 
    Well that's your incorrect interpretation, see my subsequent post and have a rethink. Do you seriously think that as an Ireland international and his performances for us last season culminating in an assist for our winner at Wembley on live TV for all to see that he is not on the radar of other Championship clubs? Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see him re sign for us but don't get all upset with news that we don't have first dibs and that there is other interest out there in him.
    I really don't think it is, you said it's not true that many Championship scouts rate him highly, but how do you know that? As for being an Ireland international, he has been called up once and never been capped. Yes he done very well for him and I am sure many Championship clubs would take him but to my knowledge little interest has been shown. I believe West Ham would sell him so why has no club bid?

I'm not expecting him back to be honest and it would be a very nice surprise if he did come back but I think if West Ham let him go on loan again we have a very good chance of landing him. 
  • edited July 2019
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:

I really don't think it is, you said it's not true that many Championship scouts rate him highly, but how do you know that? As for being an Ireland international, he has been called up once and never been capped. Yes he done very well for him and I am sure many Championship clubs would take him but to my knowledge little interest has been shown. I believe West Ham would sell him so why has no club bid?

I'm not expecting him back to be honest and it would be a very nice surprise if he did come back but I think if West Ham let him go on loan again we have a very good chance of landing him. 

Conversely I could ask you prove that he is not rated by many other Championship scouts? However I'm happy with my original statement based on previous chats with my contact.

Also where did I say Cullen was a full Irish international? As you say he was called up to the main squad but not capped, having previously captained the u21s, which again would have attracted interest from the scouting fraternity.

I don't know why no known bids have come in for him. Maybe it's because a loan arrangement is a  safer option before deciding to offer a deal when his WHU contract is up next summer.

Anyway let's see how it pans out and good luck to the lad wherever his career takes him because he left everything out on the pitch every game he played for us.

• Definitely incoming this week, hakuna Matata.
  • Such a wonderful phrase
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:

Conversely I could ask you prove that he is not rated by many other Championship scouts? However I'm happy with my original statement based on previous chats with my contact.

Also where did I say Cullen was a full Irish international? As you say he was called up to the main squad but not capped, having previously captained the u21s, which again would have attracted interested from the scouting fraternity.

I don't know why no known bids have come in for him. Maybe it's because a loan arrangement is a  safer option before deciding to offer a deal when his WHU contract is up next summer.

Anyway let's see how it pans out and good luck to the lad wherever his career takes him because he left everything out on the pitch every game he played for us.

Ah come on pal you said Irish International, no way did you mean the bloody U21's, I suspect you thought he had been capped. 

Either way, I agree he probably is interesting a few times so no reason to carry on arguing over nothing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:

Also where did I say Cullen was a full Irish international? As you say he was called up to the main squad but not capped, having previously captained the u21s, which again would have attracted interested from the scouting fraternity.

Ah come on pal you said Irish International, no way did you mean the bloody U21's, I suspect you thought he had been capped. 

Either way, I agree he probably is interesting a few times so no reason to carry on arguing over nothing. 

I knew he'd been called up but whether he had been capped or not wasn't that critical though to the main point that his stock will have risen and attracted attention. Let's move on.

• Scoham said:
    We have 18 days to make at least 5, but hopefully 6-7 signings.
    Bowyer did say we'd bring in 5 loans, I don't think he'd say it if it wasn't realistic.
    Or if we would get them from League Two.
  • Cullen will be the key signing for me - will help to add some bite to the midfield.
  • Cullen will be the key signing for me - will help to add some bite to the midfield.
    If not Cullen the replacement will be huge. We need someone who can consistently supply 90 mins of energy in the middle of the park. I think Herbie Kane could provide similar and goals. 
  • edited July 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage I am talking as a buyer. Cullen is shit. WH will do well to get him off their wage bill.
    Strong contender for most stupid and unknowledgeable post of the year and it’s got some good competition. 
    As AFKA said earlier it was meant to be a joke. 
    I think if you read it in context it's the most obvious joke that's wooshed lots of people and it's got some good competition. 
    Exactly 

• Surley beliek wouldn't choose reading over us?
  • Keep seeing Glenn Whealens name keep being rumoured think he’d be decent for us although on older side so don’t no if Roland  will give it go ahead
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    CH4RLTON said:
    Surley beliek wouldn't choose reading over us?
    Might be a real page turner?
    Is that a hinted rumour that Real Madrid are after Lewis Page (understandable if they're looking to replace Bale) and ex-Academy player; Michael Turner?
  • Vital Charlton just revealed on Twitter Oztumer is signing this week.
    They were the first to mention Akeke tbf.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Surley beliek wouldn't choose reading over us?
    Who has said he's going there?
  • Who has got a Belly ache while reading?
  • Why the lol’s about vital Charlton saying he’s signing gents, is it a bullshit feed?  Genuinely asking?
  • Why the lol’s about vital Charlton saying he’s signing gents, is it a bullshit feed?  Genuinely asking?
    Not sure about how legit it is, but fuck me the article is written badly
  • Oztumer followed Lyle Taylor recently, may be coincidental
  • tgarrat1 said:
    Oztumer followed Lyle Taylor recently, may be coincidental
    Two Greenwich boys keeping in touch, that's the long and the short of it.