Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Sage said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Scoham, you are talking as a seller. We are a potential buyer. He is shit or wouldn't have been hooked tonight.
    You’re joking right? So does that include every other West Ham player that got taken off today, they all must be shit. Especially Hernandez, Yarmolenko, and Lanzini as they got taken off at half time.

Cullen was one of the best players in League One last season and will easily command a higher fee than 300k if he was to be sold. He’s been the Republic of Ireland U21 captain and has been called up to their senior team too. If we sign him, we will have a quality player on our hands who is only going to get better and better.

I really wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Morgan go out on loan, he has fantastic vision and ability going forward but you can tell Bowyer is conscious of his game going the other way. Playing for a League One side maybe until January will do him the world of good. Ideally, Lapslie will do the same but I think that Bowyer trusts him that little bit more than Morgan right now. So we shall see.

We need at least 4 very good midfielders to come in and complement Forster-Caskey, Williams, and Aneke. Just like we need two strikers to come in, to partner Taylor up front but also to allow Bonne to develop to the standard we need him to be, without the pressure of being thrown in.

Lots of work to be done, but I think we should hopefully see a couple of signings near the beginning of the week, meaning that we will need around another 4 more in before the window closes

In Bowyer and Gallen I trust.
    Is that just your gut feeling @Sage or do you know something?
    Been told of one that we are close to, that it could, and hopefully will, be done before Colchester if things go well. No point even naming anyone because I’m not putting myself in that position, just that I expect a signing by Tuesday. Again, so long as it goes to plan.

The rest is a gut feeling because Bow and Gallen will be working on numerous deals all the time, one is closer than the rest but work to be done on that one yet.

I expect the next couple of signings to be names of which haven’t been mentioned, or I haven’t seen mentioned beforehand.
    Midfielder?
    Waffle? Jack shit? Na da ?
    Sounds more like you’ve read Bowyers comments and made it sound like you’re ITK.
    names of players?
    behave!
    Haha, you can crack on and can think whatever you want.

I know what I’ve been told and only passing on, if you would like to share anything, that’s if you know anything, I’m sure many on here would be grateful and not be the way you’ve come across.
    Apologies, for the comment being so blunt.
    i hope those you’ve been told come good.
    if we get another 4-5 players I’ll be happy. 
    Above my expectations with Roly in control. 5 plus and Bowyer & co will have worked some serious magic.
    what we do know is that They won’t sign players for the sake of it.

• edited July 2019
  • ‘This is a rumours thread.....for rumours people!’
  • CafcSCP said:
    Sage said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Scoham, you are talking as a seller. We are a potential buyer. He is shit or wouldn't have been hooked tonight.
    You’re joking right? So does that include every other West Ham player that got taken off today, they all must be shit. Especially Hernandez, Yarmolenko, and Lanzini as they got taken off at half time.

Cullen was one of the best players in League One last season and will easily command a higher fee than 300k if he was to be sold. He’s been the Republic of Ireland U21 captain and has been called up to their senior team too. If we sign him, we will have a quality player on our hands who is only going to get better and better.

I really wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Morgan go out on loan, he has fantastic vision and ability going forward but you can tell Bowyer is conscious of his game going the other way. Playing for a League One side maybe until January will do him the world of good. Ideally, Lapslie will do the same but I think that Bowyer trusts him that little bit more than Morgan right now. So we shall see.

We need at least 4 very good midfielders to come in and complement Forster-Caskey, Williams, and Aneke. Just like we need two strikers to come in, to partner Taylor up front but also to allow Bonne to develop to the standard we need him to be, without the pressure of being thrown in.

Lots of work to be done, but I think we should hopefully see a couple of signings near the beginning of the week, meaning that we will need around another 4 more in before the window closes

Been told of one that we are close to, that it could, and hopefully will, be done before Colchester if things go well. No point even naming anyone because I’m not putting myself in that position, just that I expect a signing by Tuesday. Again, so long as it goes to plan.

The rest is a gut feeling because Bow and Gallen will be working on numerous deals all the time, one is closer than the rest but work to be done on that one yet.

I expect the next couple of signings to be names of which haven’t been mentioned, or I haven’t seen mentioned beforehand.
    Midfielder?
    Sounds more like you’ve read Bowyers comments and made it sound like you’re ITK.
    names of players?
    behave!
    Haha, you can crack on and can think whatever you want.

I know what I’ve been told and only passing on, if you would like to share anything, that’s if you know anything, I’m sure many on here would be grateful and not be the way you’ve come across.
    Apologies, for the comment being so blunt.
    i hope those you’ve been told come good.
    if we get another 4-5 players I’ll be happy. 
    Above my expectations with Roly in control. 5 plus and Bowyer & co will have worked some serious magic.
    what we do know is that They won’t sign players for the sake of it.

That’s okay, apology accepted. I honestly was only passing on that I’ve been told we are close a signing and should be done before the game on Tuesday against Colchester. I only passed this one because I was probed on it by fellow lifers.

I genuinely think we will see at least another one more permanent signing and another 4 more loans. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if we manage to bring in the 6 that Bowyer has spoken about. Don’t think we can underestimate the pull that Bowyer has on players signing.
  • edited July 2019
    Golfie, regardless of my misunderstood comments above, Cullen played only a dozen games in Championship, over 4 months in a poor side. Not sure how many were starts, After that he had to drop down to L1 to get gametime.  

He played mostly as a CM, not DM but has very few goals, and Wembley apart I'd guess not many assists.  He was on a season loan but only played 29 games. We know how good he is, but I doubt he is on many clubs radar. He is in last year of contract.To suggest he is likely to cost £500k more than Karlan is thankfully deluded.
  • edited July 2019
    The loans deals will make or break our season.
    The 3 last season made the difference between promotion and being also rans.

I just hope the loan players have had pre season training and aren't training alone in a park( Simon Church, days before being thrown in the deep end.

We have to trust that Bowyer and Gallen will try to pull Rabbits from the hat, and Rabbits which won't be caught in the headlights.

• The loans deals will make or break our season.
    The 3 last season made the difference between promotion and being also rans.

I just hope the loan players have had pre season training and aren't training alone in a park( Simon Church, days before being thrown in the deep end.

We have to trust that Bowyer and Gallen will try to pull Rabbits from the hat, and Rabbits which won't be caught in the headlights.

Apparently Church regularly had shooting practice from outside the box but failed to score, some efforts not making it to the goal-line.
  • edited July 2019
    Bow is saying Morgan doesn’t have enough in his game to feature in the championship yet so wants to free up his wage perhaps and or not ruin his confidence until he’s got experience. Lapslie I guess he must rate as defensive cover altho he might well be saying similar to him.
  • Golfie, regardless of my misunderstood comments above, Cullen played only a dozen games in Championship, over 4 months in a poor side. Not sure how many were starts, After that he had to drop down to L1 to get gametime.  

He played mostly as a CM, not DM but has very few goals, and Wembley apart I'd guess not many assists.  He was on a season loan but only played 29 games. We know how good he is, but I doubt he is on many clubs radar. He is in last year of contract.To suggest he is likely to cost £500k more than Karlan is thankfully deluded.
    Cullen has 12 assists according to statbank, our second best after Taylor.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/85874/the-2018-19-charlton-life-end-of-season-statbank/p1

The difference compared to us selling Grant is West Ham aren’t by Roland and get Prem TV money, they don’t need to sell Cullen cheaply to cover their costs for a few months.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    WH don't need to sell but by same token, don't need big money for him. Never underestimate the satisfaction of closure. Imagine trying to sell an asset and it drags on months (or three years) because your price is too high.

They have yet to announce his availability and there are only 17 days until the window slams shut.
  • WH don't need to sell but by same token, don't need big money for him. Never underestimate the satisfaction of closure. Imagine trying to sell an asset and it drags on months (or three years) because your price is too high.

They have yet to announce his availability and there are only 17 days until the window slams shut.
    I’d love to think we’ll get him permanently for a bargain price but I don’t think he’ll be cheap enough for Roland to pay the fee and decent wages.
  • edited July 2019
    I think Cullen falls in to the Bonne profile and Mr Ducktape will put his hand in his pocket for a similar fee. He won't be on the radar of many Championship clubs as he missed a third of the season. Surprised at the assists but guess s few were corners.
  • I think Cullen falls in to the Bonne profile and Mr Ducktape will put his hand in his pocket for a similar fee. He won't be on the radar of many Championship clubs as he missed a third of the season. Surprised at the assists but guess s few were corners.
    Only corner I can think of straight away was his first appearance for us against Southend when Bielik scored the winner.

Other notable assists was his through ball to a Grant away at Bradford for 1-0, his vision to pass to Aribo against Portsmouth at home for 1-0, and his cross to Pearce away at Wycombe, again for 1-0.

But you are right, it might be a bit surprising the amount of goals he did contribute to. Just shows how influential he was, both on set-pieces and in open play.
  • Sage you have a great recall of his excellent play, but I doubt many Championship scouts rate him as highly.
  • edited July 2019
    Sage you have a great recall of his excellent play, but I doubt many Championship scouts rate him as highly.
    I understand from a contact that QPR are keen on on him as it happens 😮
  • RedChaser said:
    Sage you have a great recall of his excellent play, but I doubt many Championship scouts rate him as highly.
    QPR are in almost a big a mess as us.  If it was his choice I would imagine he would rather be an Addick than a super hoop. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    QPR are in almost a big a mess as us.  If it was his choice I would imagine he would rather be an Addick than a super hoop. 
    Maybe but the point was not many Champuonship scouts rate him as highly which is not true .
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Maybe but the point was not many Champuonship scouts rate him as highly which is not true .
    Who else then other than QPR?
  • He is a very good player who will be of interest to a large number of Championship clubs. What we have is that he would have enjoyed last season and he progressed as a player.
  • RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    If they were his only choices it would actually prove that that IS true.  Charlton and QPR aren't most championship scouts. 

Anyway it's symantics.  I know @harveys_gardener is on a wind up but I think we over value how much Cullen would be valued by the rest of the championship.  I doubt there will be many of the big boys waving a cheque book at the dildo brothers to get him.  I may be wrong. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    You're missing the point.
  • edited July 2019
    CafcSCP said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Midfielder?
    names of players?
    behave!
    What is wrong with everybody?!
  • edited July 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    If they were his only choices it would actually prove that that IS true.  Charlton and QPR aren't most championship scouts. 

Anyway it's symantics.  I know @harveys_gardener is on a wind up but I think we over value how much Cullen would be valued by the rest of the championship.  I doubt there will be many of the big boys waving a cheque book at the dildo brothers to get him.  I may be wrong. 
     I was merely pointing out that he had interest from another Championship club don't shoot the messenger and if QPR are interested it is highly lkely IMO that others will be, sorry but the rest of your post is just your opinion 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:

I was merely pointing out that he had interest from another Championship club don't shoot the messenger and if QPR are inteeested it is highly lkely IMO that others will be, sorry but the rest of your post is just your opinion 😉.
    Causing trouble again mate, go and have a drink and calm down.
  • RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:

I was merely pointing out that he had interest from another Championship club don't shoot the messenger and if QPR are inteeested it is highly lkely IMO that others will be, sorry but the rest of your post is just your opinion 😉.
    Causing trouble again mate, go and have a drink and calm down.
    I'm just warming up mate 😉.
  • Thanx Red, so fingers and toes crossed.
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    You're missing the point.
    I'm not, you have indirectly said many Championship scouts rate him highly but I doubt you have proof of that. 

If I'm honest, I'm not sure how many Clubs would want him but would be surprised if most bottom half clubs wouldn't take him.