Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Scoham, you are talking as a seller. We are a potential buyer. He is shit or wouldn't have been hooked tonight.
  • Scoham, you are talking as a seller. We are a potential buyer. He is shit or wouldn't have been hooked tonight.
    With the money in football now a good young League 1 player with potential like Cullen doesn't get sold for £300k. That's nearly as much what we apparently paid for Bonne and Purrington.

• The only person who could ever buy Cullen for under a mil, is Bowyer. 
  • Scoham said:
    Bowyer wants Morgan to go out on loan. He doesn't feel he's been taught the defensive side of the game and he needs to go out and play regularly. Doesn't see him playing for us in the first half of the season.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_zske8sk7
    Can’t see the article as it’s members only but if that’s what it says I’m disappointed. I think Albie is the best creative talent we have unless we get someone better in so I’d like to see him progress with us rather  than someone else. Unless of course we are signing someone better.......
  • Sage said:
    Scoham, you are talking as a seller. We are a potential buyer. He is shit or wouldn't have been hooked tonight.
    You’re joking right? So does that include every other West Ham player that got taken off today, they all must be shit. Especially Hernandez, Yarmolenko, and Lanzini as they got taken off at half time.

Cullen was one of the best players in League One last season and will easily command a higher fee than 300k if he was to be sold. He’s been the Republic of Ireland U21 captain and has been called up to their senior team too. If we sign him, we will have a quality player on our hands who is only going to get better and better.

I really wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Morgan go out on loan, he has fantastic vision and ability going forward but you can tell Bowyer is conscious of his game going the other way. Playing for a League One side maybe until January will do him the world of good. Ideally, Lapslie will do the same but I think that Bowyer trusts him that little bit more than Morgan right now. So we shall see.

We need at least 4 very good midfielders to come in and complement Forster-Caskey, Williams, and Aneke. Just like we need two strikers to come in, to partner Taylor up front but also to allow Bonne to develop to the standard we need him to be, without the pressure of being thrown in.

Lots of work to be done, but I think we should hopefully see a couple of signings near the beginning of the week, meaning that we will need around another 4 more in before the window closes

In Bowyer and Gallen I trust.
    Is that just your gut feeling @Sage or do you know something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Bowyer wants Morgan to go out on loan. He doesn't feel he's been taught the defensive side of the game and he needs to go out and play regularly. Doesn't see him playing for us in the first half of the season.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_zske8sk7
    Not the same type of player (or level), but Morgan slightly reminds me of Parker as he has the class, but needs to learn the "dirty side" to go with it. 6 months at a L1 side would make sense, someone like say Gillingham
  • edited July 2019
    I get Bowyer's reasons for wanting to loan out Morgan

If he cant defend when needed or win the ball back then for large periods we'll play with ten men

This is the Championship now, we're the small fish in the much larger pond, we play with ten men and it'll prove costly

Opposing teams will have the ball a lot more this season than we will at times
  • edited July 2019
    Interesting that LB dropped Albie completely from the play off final squad. I thought at the time that it was a bit ruthless. Maybe he doesn’t rate him as highly as I do. If Albie does go out in loan we deffo need Oztumer 
  • He did well enough for us for them to keep him around for pre-season. If we don’t want him other clubs will - ”shit” is such a strange way to describe one of our best and most consistent players last season.

With the TV money in the Prem Cullen’s wages won’t be causing West Ham any problems.
  • Scoham a shit Cullen will cost less than  "our best player" Cullen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cullen isn’t a headline maker who who plays the killer ball or scores the goal. He’s the guy who is always available for a give and go. He keeps the midfield ticking over, the ball moving. He’s also a great ball winner.

je fits into Bowyers style of play.

anyone thinking he’s shit is really very strange.. 
  • Sage I am talking as a buyer. Cullen is shit. WH will do well to get him off their wage bill.
    Please stop. I can't take it anymore.
  • edited July 2019
    FFS I would love to see Cullen in a red shirt. We just should not be bigging him up on social media which will be read by Sullivan & co. 
  • I'm pretty sure he's serious.
    He rarely says anything sensible.
  • I took it to be a joke but maybe I’m giving too much credit...
  • Is it too difficult to understand? As a buyer, the product has issues.  As a seller it is the best example of the variety. That was the point of my posts. I thought CL readers were more intelligent than to take posts literally. Obviously I was wrong.