Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Apologies if already mentioned but according to some Bolton page Magennis and Oztumer have handed in their notices so they can leave for £0.  
  • Apologies if already mentioned but according to some Bolton page Magennis and Oztumer have handed in their notices so they can leave for £0.  
    Except Bolton have refused to grant and are disputing it so now the players have taken it to the PFA.
  • MarkyE83 said:
    Our only hope is that no one else comes in with a bid for him as then West Ham may be willing to accept a low bid for him rather than losing him for free next year.  I'm guessing they wouldn't even get a development fee as he's older than 23?
  • MarkyE83 said:
    I think we all want Both Cullen and Bielik back but we all know the Rat won't pay for them even though it could be very good business 
  • edited July 2019
    MarkyE83 said:
    Claret and Hugh is very well connected at WHU
  • Doesn’t really tell us anything we don’t already know tbh. We want him, West Ham haven’t decided what to do with him and other fringe players yet. If we get him it will be towards the end of the window.
  • edited July 2019

@Covered End posted this in the Oztumer thread. Thought it was worth sticking in here. Looks like we are still very much after Oztumer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bielik is an absolute monster in the making though. I'd say Bielik, just 
  • We would love both of them of course but given the choice of Cullen OR Bielik, which would you opt for ??

For me Cullen every time..just a great all round midfielder of the old "tackle and pass" school. 
    That’s a tough question no doubt, but Cullen reminds me too much of peak Scott Parker to turn down.
  • As sure as god made little green apples we won’t be paying out a fee large enough to secure Cullen. 
  • We would love both of them of course but given the choice of Cullen OR Bielik, which would you opt for ??

For me Cullen every time..just a great all round midfielder of the old "tackle and pass" school. 
    On a permanent, Bielik all say long, on loan for a year I'd take Cullen.

Wagstaff.
    Green
  • Beardface said:
    We would love both of them of course but given the choice of Cullen OR Bielik, which would you opt for ??

That’s a tough question no doubt, but Cullen reminds me too much of peak Scott Parker to turn down.
    Can't agree with that. Cullen is a v good footballer and bossed the midfield of a league 1 team, but Parker was an absolute monster of a footballer who wiped the floor with the premier league at a similar age. He was a phenominal tackler, scorer of screamers, and directed play better than anyone I've ever seen play for Charlton, epitomising the box to box midfielder people love to watch.

As much as I dislike the way he left, Parker was an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer and could have become genuinely world class had he waited another 6 months and replaced Roy Keane at Man U, rather than jumping to Chelsea and being misused to the point of injury.  In my opinion Cullen doesn't possess the range of skills or vision to be realistically considered akin to Parker. He will hopefully turn in to a very good footballer though, for us or someone else. 
    Not comparing the calibre just the attributes.
  • edited July 2019
    Also Cullen strikes me as being one of those players who could consistently manage 40+ games a season. Bielik more around the 30 mark as he's a bit more likely to pick up knocks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Beardface said:
    We would love both of them of course but given the choice of Cullen OR Bielik, which would you opt for ??

Can't agree with that. Cullen is a v good footballer and bossed the midfield of a league 1 team, but Parker was an absolute monster of a footballer who wiped the floor with the premier league at a similar age. He was a phenominal tackler, scorer of screamers, and directed play better than anyone I've ever seen play for Charlton, epitomising the box to box midfielder people love to watch.

As much as I dislike the way he left, Parker was an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer and could have become genuinely world class had he waited another 6 months and replaced Roy Keane at Man U, rather than jumping to Chelsea and being misused to the point of injury.  In my opinion Cullen doesn't possess the range of skills or vision to be realistically considered akin to Parker. He will hopefully turn in to a very good footballer though, for us or someone else. 
    If there is any doubt about how good Scott Parker was then his performance for Fulham against us last time we were in the Championship was a perfect example

Even at his age he absolutely bossed the whole of the Midfield and controlled the game

Hope he has a good stint in Management with Fulham too now, unless of course we're battling them for position in which case he can feck off
  • so no new rumours then?
  • Reckon we might see A Trialist today?
  • Cullen starts for West Ham vs Newcastle. On sky sports too 
    Damn
  • Whilst I would love both Bielik and Cullen back, I just can't see it - they will have many suitors who can blow us out of the water wage wise and if they are being sold, Roland won't be forking out that sort of money.

However, Bowyer and Gallen won't be putting all their eggs in that basket and will be working hard on bringing in some other quality loanies, who can hopefully have similar impacts. I can't think of anyone they have brought in that hasn't made a positive impact - unlike many of Robinson's and the bilge we had managing us before him.

In Bowyer and Gallen we trust.
    Damn
    Least he's getting some match fitness and wont come back to us behind in that regard
  • Whilst I would love both Bielik and Cullen back, I just can't see it - they will have many suitors who can blow us out of the water wage wise and if they are being sold, Roland won't be forking out that sort of money.

However, Bowyer and Gallen won't be putting all their eggs in that basket and will be working hard on bringing in some other quality loanies, who can hopefully have similar impacts. I can't think of anyone they have brought in that hasn't made a positive impact - unlike many of Robinson's and the bilge we had managing us before him.

In Bowyer and Gallen we trust.
    We said that about Amos and Williams...

Only problem with the loans is that I imagine some clubs may be willing to pay the parent club a fee as well as wages

Then again am sure the player will still get a say on where they want to go though
  • Not a great first half but West Ham as a whole were very poor. I hope he has a dreadful second half so that Pelligrini decides he doesn’t rate him and sends him back out on loan :smile: