Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Surprised how poor Matty Taylors scoring stats at City are but assume the appearances may well distort the amount of actual minutes he has got as he has mainly been used as a sub.

always thought he was decent and would be happy to pick him up although worry he would be another squad player with an iffy fitness record to join Williams, Page, Pearce, Solly and JFC - that would make 6 out of 19 which is a lot in most squads let alone a small one.
    Very rarely started going by his minutes from last season...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matty-taylor/leistungsdaten/spieler/67237/plus/0?saison=2018

Bit of a shame as it seems he only played 90mins four times and scored in three of those games

He also scored against Crystal Palace in the League Cup so whats not to like?

Not sure about his injury record though
  • Incoming being announced today, agreed with club so long as the player is happy defo done today, he knows where sparrow lane is.

From a geezer on Twitter tweets charlton all the time.

I’m still trying to work out what exactly happened when this player turned up on the pitch.
    All arms and legs. Ran up and down the pitch without touching the ball. More suited to indoor sports. When the fans of his former club turned up ... WTF was that all about 
  • edited July 2019
    _MrDick said:
    Incoming being announced today, agreed with club so long as the player is happy defo done today, he knows where sparrow lane is.

I’m still trying to work out what exactly happened when this player turned up on the pitch.
    All arms and legs. Ran up and down the pitch without touching the ball. More suited to indoor sports. When the fans of his former club turned up ... WTF was that all about 
    Hero worship or family and friends 😀.
  • In that Taylor article it talks about a permanent transfer and they expect to get more than the 300k they paid. That rules us out, especially since he is 29 so no resale value.
  • In that Taylor article it talks about a permanent transfer and they expect to get more than the 300k they paid. That rules us out, especially since he is 29 so no resale value.
    What they expect and what they get are not necessarily the same. They can ask for more but if no club is willing to pay it they will end up keeping him and paying his wages. The clock is ticking if they want to stop paying his wages whereas we can shop somewhere else if it comes to it 
  • Dont blame them

Not like Olly has any say on when we sign someone
  • The replies were inevitable 
  • Bit of 'fun' prior to an announcement?
  • I'm not on twitter so I have no idea what that is all about. I opened the link & all I see are tweets about announcing a signing (Biliek ?)

Someone care to explain.....

• Sponsored links:

• At this stage, getting Taylor in would be good.
  • When Bielik ends up signing elsewhere they should retweet the clubs tweet and say here you go.
  • Now this is real.

I’d love to get on board with this rumour but this is meaningless, Taylor likes posts from his Wimbledon days all the time doesn’t mean he’s about to sign for them.
    My nephew is on that so it must be 100% authentic. 
    So's my son :)
  • Uboat said:
    Incoming being announced today, agreed with club so long as the player is happy defo done today, he knows where sparrow lane is.

Yes please! Tore up the championship last time and would do it again. This would make my summer. 

that's Christophe Lepoint not Yoni Buyens
    Buyens playing in Belgian Conference (3rd tier) only 31, knows Jacko, Solly and some kids. Could do a job on the cheap? Did decent at this level.
    3rd tier Belgian is Bostik/Isthmian level.
    This is correct, I was being kind when I said it was national League. For whatever reason that is the Level the king penalty taker is playing at now. 
  • I'm not on twitter so I have no idea what that is all about. I opened the link & all I see are tweets about announcing a signing (Biliek ?)

Someone care to explain.....

Right, basically someone has just posted like on here ' we want Biliek back'. Then people get on the bandwagon and then all of a sudden there is a hashtag #bringbackbiliek  (basically where people click that all tweets which have this will come up)

Now for the past week that's all I have seen on my timeline people generally thinking it makes a difference if we show our support to get him back.

The other part is they have false hope because he seems to be liking a lot of their tweets, there could be something in it or it could be purely because he likes the support/ CAFC, at this stage I doubt there is any substance to it.

• Hoping for a couple of signings today - LB said after Colchester on Tuesday he was expecting a few before the weekend. Fingers crossed.
  • Are we getting desperate yet ?
  • Hoping for a couple of signings today - LB said after Colchester on Tuesday he was expecting a few before the weekend. Fingers crossed.
    Was that before or after he mentioned that we missed out to Sunderland on McNulty?
  • Sponsored links:

Was that before or after he mentioned that we missed out to Sunderland on McNulty?
    I think before, however I would hope they had some back up targets in mind!
  • Less than 2 weeks before the transfer and loan window slams shut... And we need midfielders quickly. 
  • Less than 2 weeks before the transfer and loan window slams shut... And we need midfielders quickly. 
    And at least 1 forward 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Matty taylor being linked this morning!!!
    That journo's parents were inspired when naming him.
    Very symmetrical,
    Nearly a Neville Neville scenario.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Matty taylor being linked this morning!!!
    That journo's parents were inspired when naming him.
    Very symmetrical,
    Nearly a Neville Neville scenario.
    Or Boaty McBoatface 
  • Just wondering how has Matty Taylor fared in the Championship? What type of player is he? Looking at the stats on Wiki saying he has scored 7 in 66 apps as a striker. Would he fit into LB's style of play?
  • edited July 2019
    Just wondering how has Matty Taylor fared in the Championship? What type of player is he? Looking at the stats on Wiki saying he has scored 7 in 66 apps as a striker. Would he fit into LB's style of play?
    Not sure what type of Striker he is but dont think he'd be the rapid replacement for Karlan Grant

Need to take his stats with a pinch of salt though; TransferMarkt shows he only started four games last season and scored in three of them

the rest have been cameos from the bench which I guess means he's struggled to make an impact
  • Taylor and Taylor sounds like an accounting or law firm!
    I hear they used to play up front together for the Dandy Warhols  ;)
  • Just wondering how has Matty Taylor fared in the Championship? What type of player is he? Looking at the stats on Wiki saying he has scored 7 in 66 apps as a striker. Would he fit into LB's style of play?
    Not sure what type of Striker he is but dont think he'd be the rapid replacement for Karlan Grant

Need to take his stats with a pinch of salt though; TransferMarkt shows he only started four games last season and scored in three of them

the rest have been cameos from the bench which I guess means he's struggled to make an impact
    Really quick strikers are hard to come by. We had to pay a load of money for Luke Varney