Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• wmcf123 said:
    Just wondering how has Matty Taylor fared in the Championship? What type of player is he? Looking at the stats on Wiki saying he has scored 7 in 66 apps as a striker. Would he fit into LB's style of play?
    Not sure what type of Striker he is but dont think he'd be the rapid replacement for Karlan Grant

Need to take his stats with a pinch of salt though; TransferMarkt shows he only started four games last season and scored in three of them

the rest have been cameos from the bench which I guess means he's struggled to make an impact
    Really quick strikers are hard to come by. We had to pay a load of money for Luke Varney
    Really quick Strikers are also risky

You get too many who are so fast their brains cant keep up with them
  • wmcf123 said:
    Just wondering how has Matty Taylor fared in the Championship? What type of player is he? Looking at the stats on Wiki saying he has scored 7 in 66 apps as a striker. Would he fit into LB's style of play?
    Not sure what type of Striker he is but dont think he'd be the rapid replacement for Karlan Grant

Need to take his stats with a pinch of salt though; TransferMarkt shows he only started four games last season and scored in three of them

the rest have been cameos from the bench which I guess means he's struggled to make an impact
    Really quick strikers are hard to come by. We had to pay a load of money for Luke Varney

Or their hamstrings  :o
  • RedChaser said:
    wmcf123 said:

Danny "chocolate hamstrings" Haynes springs to mind
  • edited July 2019
    Knowing Roland though he would sign Matty Taylor and think huh we don't need 2 Taylor's then sell Lyle
  • Taylor would be a decent signing 
  • https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emile_Smith_Rowe

Emile Smith Rowe being allowed out on loan.

18 year old attacking midfielder from Croydon. Plays for Arsenal.
  • Be surprised if we were to chase Todd Kane, dont really need Defenders now
    he's a right back, what if Dijksteel leaves?
  • sam3110 said:
    RedChaser said:
    wmcf123 said:

Danny "chocolate hamstrings" Haynes springs to mind
    Very good
  • Sponsored links:

he's a right back, what if Dijksteel leaves?
    So Middlesbrough are after both players...

Not a surprise, went on loan to Leipzig and barely played due to injury

Pretty sure his a RB, only reason we would be looking at him is if AD was off

Would definitely have him, looked good in the games i have seen him play.  
  • 25 years old, never left the comfort blanket of Chelsea even though he has never played for them.  These types of players make me nervous, doesn’t exactly scream ambition / hunger to me.  QPR can have him.
  • Albie in the kit launch, could still be staying? 
  • Imagine we wont loan him out if we dont get cover

Surely we wont shoot ourselves in the foot!!
  • We won't let Albie go if we don't get cover. He's done himself no disservice in the close season. Just needs to track back more and he'll get in Bow's good books. 
  • If Boro are after Kane and Dijksteel, I imagine it's a case of they want either of them, and if we sell Dijksteel to them Kane is our choice as a loan to cover him leaving, and if we say no they'll just get Kane in on loan, but they'd prefer to sign someone permanently
    The moment anyone is injured we are in trouble. Our squad is so thread bare.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Be surprised if we were to chase Todd Kane, dont really need Defenders now
    The moment anyone is injured we are in trouble. Our squad is so thread bare.
    Not so bad in Defence though - We've got two players for every position then you've got Stevenson (LB) and Wiredu (RB) who can come in if absolutely needed

Our squad is thread bare but so is our budget, all well and good stopping goals but we need a few players who can score them now

Would be a top loan signing, especially considering our decent relationship with Arsenal, could be possible
  • Rudders22 said:
    Is that Harriott in the middle or have I had too many drinks (1 WKD and mango)
    Chuks Aneke
  • Rudders22 said:
    Chuks Aneke
    Thanks mate. My eyes deceived me. 
  • Uboat said:
    Incoming being announced today, agreed with club so long as the player is happy defo done today, he knows where sparrow lane is.

From a geezer on Twitter tweets charlton all the time.

Yes please! Tore up the championship last time and would do it again. This would make my summer. 

that's Christophe Lepoint not Yoni Buyens
    Buyens playing in Belgian Conference (3rd tier) only 31, knows Jacko, Solly and some kids. Could do a job on the cheap? Did decent at this level.
    3rd tier Belgian is Bostik/Isthmian level.
    Shocked to hear he's down at that level so young, did he have injury problems? One of the best penalty takers I've seen us have.
  • Rudders22 said:
    A packet of wine gums and a glass of water would do you more damage Rudders :wink:.
    Roland would love to get cash for Dijksteel and get Kane for free.
  • Ferryman said:
    Uboat said:
    Incoming being announced today, agreed with club so long as the player is happy defo done today, he knows where sparrow lane is.

From a geezer on Twitter tweets charlton all the time.

Yes please! Tore up the championship last time and would do it again. This would make my summer. 

that's Christophe Lepoint not Yoni Buyens
    Buyens playing in Belgian Conference (3rd tier) only 31, knows Jacko, Solly and some kids. Could do a job on the cheap? Did decent at this level.
    3rd tier Belgian is Bostik/Isthmian level.
    Shocked to hear he's down at that level so young, did he have injury problems? One of the best penalty takers I've seen us have.
    That was Yuni Buyens. The bloke in the photo is Le Point. 
  • Not looking hopeful today is it :(

Smith -Rowe , unlikely winger by trade and last year on loan in the bundesliga, if he ended up in the Championship I would say it would be for a top team and wouldn't fit how we set up at present

Dijksteel / Kane, would always prefer our actual player but if not Kane could be a good option. 

personally woud like to minimum: CDM/ CM/ Striker , ideally another Striker, CAM, further midfielder

Getting very close for comfort now the season kicks off a week tomorrow, we need the loan signings in now and our squad complete.