Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• We surely have to make 1/2 signings by the end of the day? 
    Doubt it.

Still 13 days to go. Expect one more permanent signing sooner then four or five loans on 8 August.
  • What price we don’t have a full bench at Blackburn like last season don’t no if you can bet on this 
  • It is a joke but Bowyer has to leave it late as clubs have to decide what they are going to do with their players in terms of keeping them or loaning them. We should have a bit more in midfield, but under Duchatelet that isn't going to happen. Everything Bowyer achieved last season was in spite of the owner, not because of him and the same is true for this. 

We will be starting with our hands tied behind our backs, but hopefully Bowyer gets the deals he needs to do done eventually. I really wish yesterday wasn't Solly's testimonial as I really can't be arsed to go given the midfield recruitment to date! I am not writing us off, but I can't get excited at a midfield that isn't just a a bit weaker than last season, in League One, but a lot weaker!
  • What price we don’t have a full bench at Blackburn like last season don’t no if you can bet on this 
    No chance of that happening IMO

Phillips
    Dijksteel Lockyer Pearce Sarr Purrington
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

Amos Oshilaja Solly Morgan Lapslie Forster-Caskey Wiredu 

That's with zero signings in 8 days
  • wmcf123 said:
    Just wondering how has Matty Taylor fared in the Championship? What type of player is he? Looking at the stats on Wiki saying he has scored 7 in 66 apps as a striker. Would he fit into LB's style of play?
    Not sure what type of Striker he is but dont think he'd be the rapid replacement for Karlan Grant

Need to take his stats with a pinch of salt though; TransferMarkt shows he only started four games last season and scored in three of them

the rest have been cameos from the bench which I guess means he's struggled to make an impact
    Really quick strikers are hard to come by. We had to pay a load of money for Luke Varney
    Really quick Strikers are also risky

You get too many who are so fast their brains cant keep up with them
    Yeah that’s why I mentioned Luke Varney
  • sam3110 said:
    What price we don’t have a full bench at Blackburn like last season don’t no if you can bet on this 

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

Swap Bonne for JFC IMO for an away game in the Champ.....
  • sam3110 said:
    What price we don’t have a full bench at Blackburn like last season don’t no if you can bet on this 

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

That's why I went with the back 5, I'd argue it should be JFC in for Sarr or Pearce and the diamond midfield with Bonne and Taylor up top, but I feel *if* we didn't get anyone in we'd go for the back 3 and wingbacks
  • sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

I’ve seen worse starting 11s but no depth in our squad as yet. In however I trust though. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

That's why I went with the back 5, I'd argue it should be JFC in for Sarr or Pearce and the diamond midfield with Bonne and Taylor up top, but I feel *if* we didn't get anyone in we'd go for the back 3 and wingbacks
    Bonne was a national league striker last year - we need to give him time. Can’t be starting with him in the Championship yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

Bonne was a national league striker last year - we need to give him time. Can’t be starting with him in the Championship yet.
    So out of the current squad who would you start up front with? 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

For away at Blackburn? Aneke just off Taylor.... if we went into it with no additions then we will be playing for a draw. Get some better players in (ie a midfield) then we can look at other options 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

For away at Blackburn? Aneke just off Taylor.... if we went into it with no additions then we will be playing for a draw. Get some better players in (ie a midfield) then we can look at other options 
    I’d go for a team that might make it difficult for Blackburn :

amos,

Dijksteel, Lockyer, Pearce, Purtington

JFC

Lasplie, Pratley

Williams Aneke,

Taylor.

No, I can’t see it winning either .

Doubt it.

Still 13 days to go. Expect one more permanent signing sooner then four or five loans on 8 August.
    I've heard we are very very busy today
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    We surely have to make 1/2 signings by the end of the day? 
    Doubt it.

I've heard we are very very busy today
    Might well be but that doesn't mean it's anything to do with a signing.

WIOTOS
  • I have been. 
    Moved two banana trees to the other side of the garden.Cut some ivy down.Picked some courgettes. Water the the Thai aubergines.Cleaned the hedgehog box out,refilled all the feeding stations
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

He will be up front with Taylor and will have Aneke following up and he knows how to score goals. Throw him in the deep end straight away.
  • wmcf123 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

I’d go for a team that might make it difficult for Blackburn :

amos,

Dijksteel, Lockyer, Pearce, Purtington

JFC

Lasplie, Pratley

Williams Aneke,

Taylor.

No, I can’t see it winning either .

Dillon deserves to start the season but given the lack of midfielders and our new centre backs with our current squad I'd expect we'd go 5-3-1-1 with lapslie dropping to the bench for Sarr
  • Sponsored links:

• ... refilled all the feeding stations
    If you think that is enough to attract new signings you are out of your mind.
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Pratley Williams 
    Aneke
    Bonne Taylor

He will be up front with Taylor and will have Aneke following up and he knows how to score goals. Throw him in the deep end straight away.
    Exactly what Bowyer said he wouldn’t be doing.
  • The issue is not naming 16 outfield players in a match day squad.

The issue is naming 16 "senior" outfield players in a competitive Championship match day squad. There are up to a dozen more names you could have sitting on the bench but none will fit the second criteria

If appears some know better that Bowyer.

Bowyer has classified Bonne as a project and positioned Morgan as not yet ready for the Championship. Wiredu must fall into the same category.

At this point in time we have 14 senior outfield players for a match day squad and one of those is already out injured.

1 (Taylor) is the number of the out & out forwards in the squad
    2 (Forster-Caskey and Page) are returning from season long injuries
    2 (Pearce and Prately) are the only proven game managers and leaders*
    3 more (Solly, Pearce, Williams) carry significant career injury profiles
    5 ((Forster-Caskey, Pearce,  Pratley, Solly, Williams) only have any notable Championship experience
    6 is the number of additions required to meet the stated requirement of 2 players per position
    6 is normally the number of weeks targeted as settling down a new squad
    6 is the number of league games in August  
    8 players are entering the last year of their contract.

9 is the number of days before our first competitive fixture

* I acknowledge Lockyer and Oshilaja may step into such roles

The squad has lost players who represented 48% of last  years league one campaign appearances.

14 senior players left the payroll in June.

3 (Forster-Caskey, Purrington, Williams) have been brought back
    3 (Lockyer, Oshilaja, Aneke) have been added

Bonne has been brought in from the National League

Bonne and Purrington incurred transfer fees

The club received compensation for the departures of Aribo and Fosu

The achievement of Championship status increases the clubs central revenue by£3-4mn or £60-80k per week.

You are perfectly entitled to determine whatever expectations you like for the coming season.

May I politely suggest however people respect the above is the profile against which Bowyer and Gallen are having to work. They are likely to need every gram of support supporters can offer.

Two final numbers;

4 represents the number of roles Gallen is currently undertaking as Head of Recruitment, Chief Scout, CEO and Financial controller.

2% represents the participation of our beneficial owner.

It is a long season. Can Bowyer Jackson and Marshall  build, coach, manage and develop the squad over the coming months to survive the campaign - none of us can be certain - either way. I am sure we all wish them well but I doubt the journey will be for the faint hearted.  

What’s with the short post? 
    All that and he still forgot the partridge in a pear tree.
  • In that Taylor article it talks about a permanent transfer and they expect to get more than the 300k they paid. That rules us out, especially since he is 29 so no resale value.
    I hope so. I don’t want him! Perfect example of a player that people remember as good but then wake up and we find out he has not scored more than 2-6 goals in three seasons, will be 30 during the coming season, costs a fee, gets injured and is not even wanted by his own team in the very division we are now competing. Jesus, talk about desperate.
  • As @jac52 pointed out, with no further departures and additions to the team (which won't happen, we will have players in before Blackburn away) to give us the best chance of getting a result, we need to be solid.

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Dijksteel Pratley Forster-Caskey Purrington
    Aneke Williams
    Taylor

Amos, Solly, Oshilaja, Lapslie, Morgan, Wiredu, Bonne

How weak is that midfield and attack in that 18? It wouldn't even be competitive enough in League One. It shows we really need a lot of work yet before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • I have been. 
    Moved two banana trees to the other side of the garden.Cut some ivy down.Picked some courgettes. Water the the Thai aubergines.Cleaned the hedgehog box out,refilled all the feeding stations
    What have you been doing the rest of the time? Sitting around drinking tea no doubt.

• Sage said:
    As @jac52 pointed out, with no further departures and additions to the team (which won't happen, we will have players in before Blackburn away) to give us the best chance of getting a result, we need to be solid.

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Dijksteel Pratley Forster-Caskey Purrington
    Aneke Williams
    Taylor

Amos, Solly, Oshilaja, Lapslie, Morgan, Wiredu, Bonne

How weak is that midfield and attack in that 18? It wouldn't even be competitive enough in League One. It shows we really need a lot of work yet before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Only the midfield is weaker than last season all other positions are stronger, so can’t see how you can say it wouldn’t even be competitive in league one, we came 3rd with Parker up front.
  • But the midfield is MUCH weaker. Cullen, Bielik and Aribo were monstrous