Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• New signing to be unveiled at Solly testimonial tomorrow. Won't play but will be announced to crowd. 
  • tajaddick said:
    New signing to be unveiled at Solly testimonial tomorrow. Won't play but will be announced to crowd. 
    Is this a hunch or inside info?
  • A frustrating week no doubt. It was clear that the intention was to bring a couple in ahead of tomorrow and that’s clearly not happened 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=eD4TLmNyGYA
  • I hear Daniel Sturridge, Andy Carroll, and Danny Welbeck are available on free transfers.

Not sure we could pay their wages, or tempt them to the valley, but they’d certainly keep the guys in the treatment room busy.
  • edited July 2019
     It was only a couple of years ago where the likes of Dean Parrett were evidence to many on here that loanees were a complete and utter waste of time.
    Neither Chris Powell and Phil Parkinson had much success with loanees. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, "to borrow a player like Cullen is extraordinarily fortunate, to borrow both Cullen and Bielik is a near friggin' miracle". And one we cannot expect to repeat.
    It isn't just luck - you can try to make your club a place where bigger clubs think it is good to loan their decent players. This is something Bowyer clearly gets which gives him an edge and when the club is owned by a prick like Duchatelet, you need every edge you can get to have a chance.

One of the things we have going for us is that these clubs have so much money, development of the player is far more important to them than the money. Having a good record of this only makes it easier so in some ways Bowyer may find it easier than last season to persuade players and clubs. Let's hope so.
  • tajaddick said:
    New signing to be unveiled at Solly testimonial tomorrow. Won't play but will be announced to crowd. 
    We are bringing back Chris Powell and putting him in our midfield.
  • So after reading through pages of rumours the one that stands out for me is Kane. If we cant get Cullen back, which is looking unlikely but still possible, Kane would be a great loan signing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer watched West Ham u23’s tonight. Reece Oxford who we’ve been linked with in the past played.
  • mart77 said:
    Bowyer watched West Ham u23’s tonight. Reece Oxford who we’ve been linked with in the past played.
    I would like Oxford, but think West Ham see him more as a CB, he even played CB tonight, a position we are well stocked in
  • edited July 2019
    mart77 said:
    Bowyer watched West Ham u23’s tonight. Reece Oxford who we’ve been linked with in the past played.
    There are other young players who he might be casting his eye over. Dan Kemp, Alfie Lewis, Conor Coventry, Joe Powell, Nathan Holland, all bright young players at West Ham.

Might not be good enough yet for us in the Championship but I can understand why he’d be there and watching.
  • I don't disagree HG who do you thinks is fulfilling the function you describe?
    This post took me two seconds to read.

Who are you and what have you done with @Grapevine49 ?
     :) 
  • Today will be an important day as a lot of premier league friendly lineups should give us (and the players) a fair idea of whether they'll likely be involved come the main kick off.
  • tajaddick said:
    tajaddick said:
    Hunch.
    Why announce something like that and then say it's just a hunch? 
  • Jordan Hugill Having a medical at QPR, would have been a good signing.
  • Jordan Hugill Having a medical at QPR, would have been a good signing.
    Agree. He would’ve been very good.
    Reckon he was on LB’s list? 
  • Sponsored links:

• 37 games for Boro last season, 6 goals. Don't think we're missing out on much. 
  • I reckon he’d have been considered but I do think ideally Bowyer would prefer someone with a bit of pace.
  • jondon76 said:
    tajaddick said:
    tajaddick said:
    Hunch.
    Why announce something like that and then say it's just a hunch? 
    Chill Winston.
  • tajaddick said:
    tajaddick said:
    Hunch.
    Then start the post with “I think” or “I reckon”!
    Calm down Kermit.
  • Talal said:
    37 games for Boro last season, 6 goals. Don't think we're missing out on much. 
    He’s a target man who holds it up. 1 in 4 record at Preston and his all round game was enough to convince West Ham to pay 10m quid for him. He had a tough time under a misfiring Boro last season but I reckon he’s decent.
  • Grapevine, don't shoot the messenger but my guess is Lieven De Turck.
  • Arsenal are signing Pepe from Lille so another attacking option for them. The Nekeitah dream is still alive...
  • cs1986 said:
    Arsenal are signing Pepe from Lille so another attacking option for them. The Nekeitah dream is still alive...
    They can't afford more then £45m in total I thought?.