Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Be very surprised if we don't see at least one more leave
  • Valley11 said:
    My mate is a Bristol City fan. Just text to say Taylor not even on the bench for them today (PSF). He’s convinced we’ve signed him.
    Bristol City want to move Taylor on, so he will be leaving But it maybe Cafc or we may get gazumped by someone else. It happens so often in the last two windows when we want a striker.
  • edited July 2019
    Today was a reality check, do you think a signing will get announced over the weekend?
  • edited July 2019
    If we were in L1 right now, I would be picking this team for a 8-12th place finish.
    I agree - If it stays fit. Would still need additions in league one. To put it in perspective - I thought the midfield of Cullen, Bielik, Aribo and Williams was top six championship.
  • If we were in L1 right now, I would be picking this team for a 8-12th place finish.
    I agree - If it stays fit. Would still need additions in league one. To put it in perspective - I thought the midfield of Cullen, Bielik, Aribo and Williams was top six championship.
    Agree if Grant was still in the mix.
  • Aaron Connelly - young lad from BHA, was at Luton last year. 
    Thinking about us or Gills. 
  • Aaron Connelly - young lad from BHA, was at Luton last year. 
    Two sub appearances for Luton and 19 years old. Is he really the sort of player we’re after to try to keep us up in the Championship?
  • Connolly is very highly thought of at Brighton, think he went to Luton with an injury hence the lack of appearances. 

Seeing as Brighton have already loaned 3 of their other big prospects to Championship clubs ( Ben White to Leeds, Jan Mlarkar to QPR and Jayson Molumby to Milwall) I'd be surprised if they were happy with loaning Connolly to league 1. 
  • Have seen quite a bit of Connolly, being an Irish soccer fan, watched him play in the Toulon tournament some weeks ago, and is very highly regarded at Brighton, am fairly surprised that he is being let out on loan, plays forward, for Ireland he played left wing in a 4.2.3.1 system, very raw, and was probably Irelands best player over 3 games, a little lightweight, would be very good back up, looks better than Bonne anyway.
  • edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    Aaron Connelly - young lad from BHA, was at Luton last year. 
    Two sub appearances for Luton and 19 years old. Is he really the sort of player we’re after to try to keep us up in the Championship?
    When for £15k a week you can have Beilik. 
    And therein lies the problem. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    RedJohn said:
    Have seen quite a bit of Connolly, being an Irish soccer fan, watched him play in the Toulon tournament some weeks ago, and is very highly regarded at Brighton, am fairly surprised that he is being let out on loan, plays forward, for Ireland he played left wing in a 4.2.3.1 system, very raw, and was probably Irelands best player over 3 games, a little lightweight, would be very good back up, looks better than Bonne anyway.
    We don’t need back up, most of the five players Bowyer wants need to be starters.
  • The problem I have with it all (and I trust Steve Gallen to the hilt) is that I expect the list they drew up is now empty. All the players have probably spoken to us, heard what wd are willing to pay & have just turned their backs on us. 

I'm not expecting anyone decent coming in & for us to be picking up the Josh Parker's of this world on transfer deadline day.  Some of the names I have read on here lately (19 yr old from BHA, some striker no-ones heard of from.Arsenal (not neketiah)) is frightening. We need 2 or 3 experienced Championship players to add to the 2 or 3 kids we will be signing on loan. 
  • Slightly more worrying quote from Bowyer:

Bow: “People are laughing at us. Agents laughing saying ‘how are you supposed to compete?’

We’re absolutely screwed. Still, can’t wait to see what LB can come up with 

Bow: “People are laughing at us. Agents laughing saying ‘how are you supposed to compete?’

And There in lies the problem, Roland are you listening?
  • edited July 2019
    Bowyer: "Middlesbrough made an offer for Anfernee and the owner said no, he's not for sale".
  • tajaddick said:
    jondon76 said:
    tajaddick said:
    tajaddick said:
    New signing to be unveiled at Solly testimonial tomorrow. Won't play but will be announced to crowd. 
    Is this a hunch or inside info?
    Hunch.
    Why announce something like that and then say it's just a hunch? 
    Chill Winston.
    Billy Bullshit
  • Sponsored links:

And There in lies the problem, Roland are you listening?
    Doubtful and if even if he was, he couldn’t give a toss.
  • 25p more next Friday will do it 
  • As mentioned by @cabbles I am certain we will stay up this season. We will get the bare minimum to keep us competitive. Bowyer and the boys will get 100% backing which should see us over the line.

There’s plenty of teams in our division, Birmingham, Reading etc who will hate playing in front of their own fans when we go 1-0 up against them and will make it a horrible environment for them.
  • As mentioned by @cabbles I am certain we will stay up this season. We will get the bare minimum to keep us competitive. Bowyer and the boys will get 100% backing which should see us over the line.

There’s plenty of teams in our division, Birmingham, Reading etc who will hate playing in front of their own fans when we go 1-0 up against them and will make it a horrible environment for them.
    Let's get a few in first, then we can all be a bit more bullish about it.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Woefully short, this team is worse than the one we had in May, by a long way. 
    Agreed but it was also better then the team we had in August that year.

I still think we will get 4 decent loans in and have ago at it.
    But it needs to be much better than last August’s team as we are in a higher division!
  • Could Bow walk?
  • i doubt he will but it depends how long he can take people laughing at him because of Rolands fucking bollox budget. The frustration will build up and maybe a tilt point could happen
  • Will Dijksteel be sold?
    I think his name is Anfernee
  • I don’t think he would walk, look what happened only this time last month and how everything went mental.

I do however, believe if he was to threaten Roland of walking, Roland would know the backlash would be so huge it might eventually get him to rethink and give that extra we need to be able to bring in the quality to compete.

I don’t think that’s going to happen though. Instead, somehow, Bow will continue to graft and will pull something out the bag before the deadline. Whether it’ll be enough, I’m really not sure, but I have faith in him and Gallen too.