Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• The fact is,if we dont get the loan players,the kids are going to have to play.But all is not lost,look how quickly our previous  kids have adapted,Lookman came straight from the park,Gomez,Konsa never looked out of place,Shelvey was a schoolboy ,Bowyer Parker,Konchesky,all premiership players in their teens,Aribo was not a regular year before last,look at how quickly he improved with game time.We do have this knack of finding players,it is not ideal that they may have to play,but they will not let us down.
    Youngsters, more often than not, will not make the cut. You’ve named the handful that did, many, many more have been released and fallen down/out of the leagues because they simply weren’t good enough. 
  • CafcSCP said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i'd be well pleased if we got marquis - he fits bowyer's hard working player profile, he scores goals and he's a much better player now than when he left millwall 
    If bowyers quotes earlier in pre season are correct then it’s unlikely we would spend a million on a 27 year old.
    young players with potential resale value.
    id take him all day long to be honest.
    reckon Portsmouth will get him though.
    Yes I remember the same quotes. With strikers though the rules probably adjust a bit on what Bowyer said.

No half decent striker unless out of contract goes for free. While I highly doubt RD would spend £1m on Marquis he could probably hold his value for a couple of years even only having an average year or two with us. I don't see it happening but I wouldn't rule it out either.
    Fraizer Campbell available on a free. 31 now. High wages but no fee.
  • I am well aware that only a small amount of players make the grade,but we do seem to produce more than our share,probably because any lad that is good enough will get his chance.we have 5/6 at the moment knocking on the door showing potential,the only way to find out if they are good enough is play them,you never know,the next Gomez or Lookman could be round the corner.
  • I think from Shitweasals point of view there is no incentive to spend money in the hope of profitable sell on as he doesn’t plan on being here. That suits me fine
  • RD isn't bothered if we're relegated hence LB's crap budget. Lee will do well to keep us up.
  • Redrobo said:
    CafcSCP said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i'd be well pleased if we got marquis - he fits bowyer's hard working player profile, he scores goals and he's a much better player now than when he left millwall 
    If bowyers quotes earlier in pre season are correct then it’s unlikely we would spend a million on a 27 year old.
    Yes I remember the same quotes. With strikers though the rules probably adjust a bit on what Bowyer said.

No half decent striker unless out of contract goes for free. While I highly doubt RD would spend £1m on Marquis he could probably hold his value for a couple of years even only having an average year or two with us. I don't see it happening but I wouldn't rule it out either.
    Rules us out then. 
  • Redrobo said:
    CafcSCP said:
    DOUCHER said:

We can rule that one out then!
  • Is there an echo in here
  • Talal said:
    Is there an echo in here
    Great minds think alike.
  • edited July 2019
    I’ve just woken up, did I read somewhere someone mentioned about us signing Gareth Bales half brother, John Marquis?

Absolutely no way he’d sign for us after the abuse he got on the pitch after the Donny Home game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    CafcSCP said:
    DOUCHER said:

Sure i read he turned down Millwall last week as he wants to stay up north.
  • Redrobo said:
    CafcSCP said:
    DOUCHER said:

The article I posted says he’s keen to move back south as his wife is having a baby.
  • Probably pompey or millwall then?
  • edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    CafcSCP said:
    DOUCHER said:

The article I posted says he’s keen to move back south as his wife is having a baby.
    That was the Doncaster striker Marquis, not Campbell.
  • I’ve just woken up, did I read somewhere someone mentioned about us signing Gareth Bales half brother, John Marquis?

Absolutely no way he’d sign for us after the abuse he got on the pitch after the Donny Home game.
    This again! Why would this effect him wanting to move to Charlton? 
  • The problem I have with it all (and I trust Steve Gallen to the hilt) is that I expect the list they drew up is now empty. All the players have probably spoken to us, heard what wd are willing to pay & have just turned their backs on us. 

I'm not expecting anyone decent coming in & for us to be picking up the Josh Parker's of this world on transfer deadline day.  Some of the names I have read on here lately (19 yr old from BHA, some striker no-ones heard of from.Arsenal (not neketiah)) is frightening. We need 2 or 3 experienced Championship players to add to the 2 or 3 kids we will be signing on loan. 
    100%
  • Marquis still has a year left on his contract and they would want about a million for him it said in the newspaper, it also said Pompey favourites 
  • LB will get 4 in IMO.

One will be Harriet who will be the "experienced at this level" player. Even the loans will be low on LBs list making up the squad numbers.
    It wont be enough but thats only the Rats fault.

I dont think there are ANY kosher prospective buyers left ,although bogus bollox will be fed into Charlton Life as it has and we will continue to hope that the World of shit that is RD`s ownership will end before our club is killed off

• There is no way we will get Marquis as he'll cost too much
  • doronron said:
    Marquis still has a year left on his contract and they would want about a million for him it said in the newspaper, it also said Pompey favourites 
    Frankly, I am amazed that they would only get only £1M for a 26-goal L1 striker in his prime. Would guess a lot more than that. Championship clubs spend one mil on players like it is going out of style. We sold Grant for more than that and he had less production.
  • Sponsored links:

• doronron said:
    Marquis still has a year left on his contract and they would want about a million for him it said in the newspaper, it also said Pompey favourites 
    Frankly, I am amazed that they would only get only £1M for a 26-goal L1 striker in his prime. Would guess a lot more than that. Championship clubs spend one mil on players like it is going out of style. We sold Grant for more than that and he had less production.
    Grant is 6 years younger
  • Bauer,grant, Aribo all gone on the cheap, we are living a false economy Roland.
  • Sage said:
    doronron said:
    Less production? He left halfway through the season on 14 league goals and however many assists. Grant was far better than Marquis last season, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t understand football.
    You seem to be missing my main point. £1M ain't gonna get it done for a 26-goal striker.
  • Sage said:
    doronron said:
    Less production? He left halfway through the season on 14 league goals and however many assists. Grant was far better than Marquis last season, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t understand football.
    You seem to be missing my main point. £1M ain't gonna get it done for a 26-goal striker.
    You say that, we bought Ajose for £800,000
  • Redrobo said:
    doronron said:
    Grant is 6 years younger
    Faster and provides a lot of assists. Would much prefer Grant.
    That’s what I was saying. I was trying to say that Grant is worth more than Marquis
  • Charlton life rumours thread:

1) 175 posts of nothing. People moan and demand rumours.

2) Someone posts a rumour of a player!

3) Excitedly, a few people discuss the merits or not of signing that player.

4) Someone posts the pointlessness of discussing that player as we’ll never be able to afford them under Roland because they’ll cost more than a bag of nice n spicy nik naks.

5) People begrudgingly agree.

5) 175 posts of nothing again until the next rumour. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Charlton life rumours thread:

1) 175 posts of nothing. People moan and demand rumours.

2) Someone posts a rumour of a player!

3) Excitedly, a few people discuss the merits or not of signing that player.

4) Someone posts the pointlessness of discussing that player as we’ll never be able to afford them under Roland because they’ll cost more than a bag of nice n spicy nik naks.

5) People begrudgingly agree.

5) 175 posts of nothing again until the next rumour. 
    Alternatively.
    1) ITK posts a rumour but can’t reveal their mysterious source.
    2) Turns out to nonsense.
    3) People question the ITK’s, ITK status.
    4) ITK cops the ump.
    5) Repeat.