Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Redhenry said:
    We have a very weak midfield - haven't replaced Aribo, Cullen and Bielik. If JFC is our main threat then we're f***ed.

I imagine Harriott will sign this week.
    I agree we are weak, but Aneke was the replacement for Aribo.
    Not sure whats funny @ J BLOCK
  • edited July 2019
    JFC struggled to get into a Rotherham side in The Championship ……. just saying.
    So did Ben Purrington whilst Ben Amos couldnt get a game at Millwall
  • Rumours are popping off!!!
  • JFC is a decent League 1 player but I have my doubts as to whether he will cut it in the Championship. I very much hope to be proved wrong. He needs time to get back up to speed and, if we were a properly run and resourced club, we might be looking to loan him out for a month or two to get some games under his belt. That is obviously not an option with a skeletal squad.
  • JFC struggled to get into a Rotherham side in The Championship ……. just saying.
    JFC didn’t struggle to get into Brighton’s team in 13/14 and 14/15 season in the championship... just saying.
  • JFC struggled to get into a Rotherham side in The Championship ……. just saying.
    JFC didn’t struggle to get into Brighton’s team in 13/14 and 14/15 season in the championship... just saying.
    Its 2019 now.
    Its 2019 now.
    Thanks for backing up my point.
  • We are in a race with Portsmouth for Maquis apparently. Surely Portsmouth will win that one easily with our pathetic budget. It would have to be Marquis himself deciding he really wants to play for Charlton or something to change that.
  • Sponsored links:

Its 2019 now.
    Which could also be said to Large's comment.

If he can regain his fitness and sharpness, he'll be an asset. 

Worryingly Pratley looks the best man to play alongside him for now, his experience showed on Saturday... 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    We are in a race with Portsmouth for Maquis apparently. Surely Portsmouth will win that one easily with our pathetic budget. It would have to be Marquis himself deciding he really wants to play for Charlton or something to change that.
    Portsmouth havent exactly set the world alight with their signings this summer though - i.e. they dont seem to be overly splashing the cash
  • CAFCTrev said:
    We are in a race with Portsmouth for Maquis apparently. Surely Portsmouth will win that one easily with our pathetic budget. It would have to be Marquis himself deciding he really wants to play for Charlton or something to change that.
    Wtf is our budget? 
  • Thanks for the pm AFKA. 
    Yes I totally agree with you that Henry should never be given another promote. 
    ANOTHER promote?! You mean he’s actually had one in the past?!
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Wtf is our budget? 
    More like a whip-round. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    sorry but that doesn't wash with me. Bowyer himself has said that RD will only sanction fees for players with sell-on potential, like Bonne, and Marquis doesn't fall into that category. Add in the fact they want in excess of 1m and you can forgot it. 
  • And surely midfield is our priority. Why would we spunk £1m away and not address a glaring issue first.
  • And surely midfield is our priority. Why would we spunk £1m away and not address a glaring issue first.
    Exactly - £1m would get us 3-4 players on a decent enough wedge on loan. Less than no chance of Marquis happening and not massively bothered, I reckon he would end up as an Ajose mk2.
  • This post just gets more and more depressing even before a ball has been kicked. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    This post just gets more and more depressing even before a ball has been kicked. 
    What happened to the Chelsea lad and lyles contract? 
  • edited July 2019
    This post just gets more and more depressing even before a ball has been kicked. 
    What happened to the Chelsea lad and lyles contract? 
    Him and Oztumer decided to hitchhike together on their way to the training ground

Only they got picked up by Stephen Kelly - The worst bit is the Chelsea lad has our only pen (after borrowing it to sign his loan agreement) so until we get that back we cant tie Lyle down to a new Contract
  • edited July 2019
    JFC struggled to get into a Rotherham side in The Championship ……. just saying.
    So did Ben Purrington whilst Ben Amos couldnt get a game at Millwall
    Judging by his performance on Saturday, I can see why Ben Amos didn’t get a game

You judge him on one game in a friendly, yet over the season when he was as safe as houses at Cafc.
    Weird.
  • JFC will be fine at this level - short run of games to get his match sharpness up and he will be one of the first name son the team sheet of that I have no doubt. I would rather worry about who is going to play in midfield with him!
    just spent a season recovering from a bad injury .. he'll need time to get back up to speed
  • any news/rumours (real ones not wishful thinking) about Bielik .. He is the one I'd REALLY like to see return to us
  • any news/rumours (real ones not wishful thinking) about Bielik .. He is the one I'd REALLY like to see return to us

Me too. We need that ball winning midfielder as a priority, as Pratley won't be able to play week in week out. Williams and JFC can cover the Cullen role right now.
  • edited July 2019
    Danny Welbeck is still available on a free. Could be a good partner for Lyle. 

Only problem is it's rumoured he wants a £5m signing on fee! Perhaps we could pay it over 4 years. 
    make that 40 years .. make a nice old age senior citizen pension for him