Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    I’d be surprised if a championship club spends £10m on Bielik after one good year in league one. Ludicrous from Arsenal 
    It's just a negotiation ploy. It tells me they really want £6-7M. I think they get that sum. Someone like Leeds has the cash to make that happen and it could help them get promoted. Besides, Arsenal has no choice. If they don't sell him now, he walks in the Summer. And if they don't sell him now, they will get less for him in January. I count him as gonzo. One thing is 100% certain... he is not going on loan to anyone.
    100% certain, hmm
    Me after the last time I made such a prediction.

Haha
  • Also you after you confirmed Oztumer tbf ;)
  • I’d be surprised if a championship club spends £10m on Bielik after one good year in league one. Ludicrous from Arsenal 
    It's just a negotiation ploy. It tells me they really want £6-7M. I think they get that sum. Someone like Leeds has the cash to make that happen and it could help them get promoted. Besides, Arsenal has no choice. If they don't sell him now, he walks in the Summer. And if they don't sell him now, they will get less for him in January. I count him as gonzo. One thing is 100% certain... he is not going on loan to anyone.
    What if he signs a new contact and is then sent out on loan to a Championship club? I'm not sure he is worth £5m, sure he was great for us last season in the L1, but good enough for someone to pay £5m? I'm not so sure.. If Arsenal extend his contact and he has a cracking season on loan at someone in the Championship, he may be worth £8/10m next season, I'll go as far to say he may even go back to Arsenal and play.
  • PopIcon said:
    I’d be surprised if a championship club spends £10m on Bielik after one good year in league one. Ludicrous from Arsenal 
    What if he signs a new contact and is then sent out on loan to a Championship club? I'm not sure he is worth £5m, sure he was great for us last season in the L1, but good enough for someone to pay £5m? I'm not so sure.. If Arsenal extend his contact and he has a cracking season on loan at someone in the Championship, he may be worth £8/10m next season, I'll go as far to say he may even go back to Arsenal and play.
    Annoyingly for us, £5m isn’t that much anymore - especially in the Championship 
  • Roland is a shit owner, a shit person in fact but in fairness I doubt many new owners are going to buy a newly promoted club and start splashing 5mil+ on one player. 

Roland should never have bought us, he didn’t want to put the time in nor had the acumen to place appropriate others in his place. But it’s still a very difficult market and he cannot be blamed solely for failing to be able to afford the likes of Bielik on a permanent basis. 

Of course he has gone the other way and we can’t afford to sign decent League 1 players. 
  • PopIcon said:
    How many Championship clubs have spent £5m on a defensive midfielder/defender this summer?  I don't know but would be surprised if it is more than one or two of the newly relegated ones
  • edited July 2019
    PopIcon said:
    How many Championship clubs have spent £5m on a defensive midfielder/defender this summer?  I don't know but would be surprised if it is more than one or two of the newly relegated ones
    Stoke have spent £62m since the beginning of last summer.
  • PopIcon said:
    Parachute payments go a long way...
  • PopIcon said:
    I couldn’t say off the top of my head, but a lot of clubs chuck £3m and £2m about like it’s going out of fashion. It wouldn’t be the strangest thing in the world for one of them to spend £5m on a wonder kid 
  • edited July 2019
    PopIcon said:
    Maybe, but “only” £6m this summer across 2 players, neither was £5M +.

i make it 3, Tomas Kalas to Bristol City; Ivan Sunjic to Birmingham; and Pontus Jannson to Brentford.  Allare full imternationals and have played many games higher than L1
  • Sponsored links:

• Cant believe 1) That Jansson has left Leeds for Brentford and 2) Brentford spent 5.5m.
  • In emperor Roland we trust.
  • In emperor Roland we trust.
    I can see Richard Murray now... "Lee I am your father"
  • sam3110 said:
    PopIcon said:
    No money in for any players other than tribunal fee for Aribo, so spending anything at all on any players is surprising. 

Looks like most teams that have spent big have sold big too
    There has been a lot of money spent, even Millwall spent a £1m on a player..

Going to get battered every week, we will have to play the loans market better than last season.
  • Think best realistic case scenario the two strikers will be Matty taylor and John marquis. Then midfielders would be herbie Kane, Cullen and Conor Gallagher on loan with Morgan then going out on loan then signing oztumer 
    Mat Taylor 7 goals in 66 games for Bristol C .. no wonder they want shot of him
    Was always a Rovers player,  was never going to work 
  • Cullen, Bielik would be nice, but getting further away by the day. I want a Bauer replacement and a quick forward and I'll be more confident.
  • Cant believe some of the fees on that list - but as Sam310 said, they sold big too. Funny what you can do when you sell a?player under contract.

Cant see there will be 3 worse teams than us this season. Oh well, 1 year in the Championship it will be then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Do players have to sign by midday Friday to be able to make the squad for Saturday?
  • Cant believe 1) That Jansson has left Leeds for Brentford and 2) Brentford spent 5.5m.
    That money would have come from the sale of Konsa to Villa.
    Brentford have what’s known as a business model and owners who are savvy for want of a better word.

They get good prices for their talented players then reinvest to keep the team competitive.
  • edited July 2019
    Cant believe 1) That Jansson has left Leeds for Brentford and 2) Brentford spent 5.5m.
    Brentford have what’s known as a business model and owners who are savvy for want of a better word.

They get good prices for their talented players then reinvest to keep the team competitive.
    Ironically their business model is similar to Roland's. They do a lot of scouting by stats and video. 

The difference has been in implementation  clearly they have been successful and we haven't, 
  • Redrobo said:
    Wilfred Bonny released and still seems available. Still only 30 but seems to have lost his mojo. Scored 2 goals in a friendly for his Country in July. Worth a pay as you play deal and see what Bows and his team can do?
    No. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Wilfred Bonny released and still seems available. Still only 30 but seems to have lost his mojo. Scored 2 goals in a friendly for his Country in July. Worth a pay as you play deal and see what Bows and his team can do?
    He was on over £100k a week at Swansea. And I mean the second time around, when he was crap