Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    If we brought in Cullen, Bielik and Conor Gallagher on loan, I would start feeling optimistic about the season. That is one way of looking at it.
    Don't hold your breath...
    I'm not lol. Just observing that we are three potentially doable loan signings away from feeling better about the season! I say doable because we made two of them in League One last season. And I didn't mean those specific players, just players of that level.
  • Scoham said:
    It’s very rare that signings this late in the day are decent as it’s usually cos we have already lost out on first choices.

Its like when Jeffers and Murphy came in before Bolton. Or Racon late in the day..... Jay Bothroyd.....

Granted Murphy was unexpected as his move to Spurs fell through. But Jeffers turned out to be a dud..... the players came in too late to fit in with the team, and we got battered at Bolton.
    Not true with loans though is it. Cullen, Bielik, Steer and Ward weren’t our back up options.
    I think (Jamie ) Ward was. The other three were a class above in L1 and only came late because they were not available earlier. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Wilfred Bonny released and still seems available. Still only 30 but seems to have lost his mojo. Scored 2 goals in a friendly for his Country in July. Worth a pay as you play deal and see what Bows and his team can do?
    The only place I’ve ever heard of a ‘pay as you play deal’ is on here, is it even a real thing
    When I played Sunday League footy I used to pay every time I played.  RD maybe trying to follow that model?
  • Richard J said:
    Scoham said:
    It’s very rare that signings this late in the day are decent as it’s usually cos we have already lost out on first choices.

Its like when Jeffers and Murphy came in before Bolton. Or Racon late in the day..... Jay Bothroyd.....

Granted Murphy was unexpected as his move to Spurs fell through. But Jeffers turned out to be a dud..... the players came in too late to fit in with the team, and we got battered at Bolton.
    Not true with loans though is it. Cullen, Bielik, Steer and Ward weren’t our back up options.
    I think (Jamie ) Ward was. The other three were a class above in L1 and only came late because they were not available earlier. 
    Ward is still available I believe. Released by Forest last month. 
  • I'd love to know what budget LB has left?
  • Just looked at the telegraph article,to be honest,there are not many teams that have bought in more players than us.Sure there are some big fees about,but is Birminghams 7.5m striker going to do better than Taylor or Aneke,who knows.
    Other teams didn't lose half of their squad though.
  • Richard J said:
    Scoham said:

Ward is still available I believe. Released by Forest last month. 
    On trial at Donny. 
  • I'd love to know what budget LB has left?
    The same as he started. £0.
  • It’s aaaall very very quiet.
     Don't why , I get the feeling its going to be one of those day where alot of rumours start flying about
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s aaaall very very quiet.
    don't mean anything now days, the deals we do seem to come out of nowhere with very little talk of the player brofere its announced. 
  • We must be first club  in history who gets promoted & their players want to leave. Usually players are desperate to stay & prove themselves in a higher division. 
  • We must be first club  in history who gets promoted & their players want to leave. Usually players are desperate to stay & prove themselves in a higher division. 
    Not the first. 

Bury have already had an exodus.
  • I’d be surprised if a championship club spends £10m on Bielik after one good year in league one. Ludicrous from Arsenal 
    It's just a negotiation ploy. It tells me they really want £6-7M. I think they get that sum. Someone like Leeds has the cash to make that happen and it could help them get promoted. Besides, Arsenal has no choice. If they don't sell him now, he walks in the Summer. And if they don't sell him now, they will get less for him in January. I count him as gonzo. One thing is 100% certain... he is not going on loan to anyone.
    Bielik has a contract at Arsenal until the summer of 2021.
    Hardly an exodus, we've lost 2 players Bauer and Aribo
    That's true.
    But they also expect to be paid accordingly 
    Permanent yes, but 4 key players have left and only 1 has been replaced. 
  • edited July 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Velucio Glass Money Jug - Holds Over 2500 In 1 Coins

I like big jugs me! Fnaar Fnaar!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd say Lockyer is the replacement for Bauer and Aneke for Aribo. Bielik and Cullen still need to be replaced along with another midfielder to give us a bit more quality. Another two strikers required as well ideally but I'm sure we'll be left short again. 
  • Welbeck spotted at new eltham station. It's happening. 
  • I'd say Lockyer is the replacement for Bauer and Aneke for Aribo. Bielik and Cullen still need to be replaced along with another midfielder to give us a bit more quality. Another two strikers required as well ideally but I'm sure we'll be left short again. 
    Amos for Maxwell
    Lockyer for Bauer
    Aneke for Aribo
    Purrington for Purrington
    Oshilaja for Lennon (Never replaced)
    Bonne for Vetokele

Leaves: Cullen | Bielik | Reeves | Grant | Marshall | Fosu to be replaced from last season
    Permanent yes, but 4 key players have left and only 1 has been replaced. 
    But 2 were loan players, it's the nature of loan players that they go back to their parent club

We'll get replacements for the loan players in the form of new loan players.
  • edited July 2019
    Maxwell - Amos
    Bauer - Lockyer
    Bielik -Oshilaja
    Cullen -
    Reeves -
    Fosu -
    Marshall -
    Aribo - Aneke
    Parker - Bonne
    Vetokele -

5 players down, instead of 2 wingers to replace Fosu and Marshall we'll get in an attacking midfielder/striker and a more defensive one. 
  • I think this transfer policy decided by Roland of 5 loan signings wont happen before Blackburn a) due to clubs still not deciding who they will let go b) it saves another week of wages for Roland and the budget.

Team against Sunderland first game last year was far from adequate and contained no loan signings....

Charlton

• 13Phillips
    • 7Marshall
    • 5Bauer
    • 3Page
    • 20Solly
    • 15Pratley
    • 6Pearce
    • 32Lapslie
    • 17Aribo
    • 9Taylor
    • 18Ahearne-Grant

Substitutes

• 8Ajose
    • 23Sarr
    • 31Maynard-Brewer
    • 36Maloney
    • 37Hackett-Fairchild
  • Sky Sports Transfer Centre says that Lee Johnson was on the show this morning talking about being well in the hunt for a new Striker - Wonder if thats the domino effect that we'll need to get Matty Taylor from them if he's truly rumoured to be a target
  • I trust whoever Bowyer and Gallen bring in, however I’m worried we’ll be seeing some Parker type signings on the last couple of days of the transfer window
  • With the current squad Charlton will go down.  Just have to hope Lee Bowyer uses the loan market as well as he did last season.  5 good loan players in a starting 11 is a big chunk of the team & can make a huge difference. For that reason, I haven't given up hope for this season just yet 
    Does he have any budget left for loans? Has RD shafted him even more than last season?