Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• markmc68 said:
    Welbeck spotted at new eltham station. It's happening. 
    Well spotted. That's one in the eye for all those who mocked me earlier! :-)

Probably going for a meal in the Greek restaurant - is it still there?
  • Bubble said:

Parker debate round 10 ding ding! is there not a thread for this, he did a job but he isn't good enough for the league above however desperate we are!

3 more working days to get these people signed , not usually this pessimistic but this is not looking good with even Redhenry not having anything

Transfer window shuts August 8th I believe, so still some time
    once the Premier clubs have announced their squads, then it will be clearer who might be available to loan
  • Bubble said:

Parker debate round 10 ding ding! is there not a thread for this, he did a job but he isn't good enough for the league above however desperate we are!

3 more working days to get these people signed , not usually this pessimistic but this is not looking good with even Redhenry not having anything

Cheers, I thought the loan window shuts this week so must have made that one up. So was more panicked as I cant see us signing people outright unless they are frees (Callum Harriott), ill put a timer on for next week to start panicking, although ideally we would want people in before the first game still :)
  • Bubble said:

once the Premier clubs have announced their squads, then it will be clearer who might be available to loan
    They announce their squads when the window closes, so doesn’t help us.
  • ... I’m worried we’ll be seeing some Parker-type signings on the last couple of days of the transfer window
    A few Scott Parker types wouldn't be so bad.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I think he could be useful as another body... What did Bowyer say again? We HAVE to get bodies in. I think he showed promise, he was just an inch behind getting a goal a few times... With a proper pre-season and continuing to build his working partnership with Taylor, he could have been better than nothing.

Each to their own Dazzle, I think he did a job but if he is an option I would lump heavily on us to go down! I think Mid table league one is his level im afraid, although that's just my opinion (probably a few more too)

• Sponsored links:

• Keep us up and it’s an even better job that what bowyer did last year imo. 
  • Bubble said:

Parker can be signed after the 8th August as he's without a club prior to the window closing
  • That shows the gap between the newly promoted sides and even the existing "strugglers". Surprised Preston's squad is valued so lowly
  • Bubble said:

Parker can be signed after the 8th August as he's without a club prior to the window closing

No thank you... move along! Next!
  • robroy said:
    They've just taken it from transfermarkt website.

They have Solly down as worth £450k and Djiksteel as £0. Phillips is £45k and all the academy boys are all worth nothing.

• Dazzler21 said:

I think he could be useful as another body... What did Bowyer say again? We HAVE to get bodies in. I think he showed promise, he was just an inch behind getting a goal a few times... With a proper pre-season and continuing to build his working partnership with Taylor, he could have been better than nothing.

Each to their own Dazzle, I think he did a job but if he is an option I would lump heavily on us to go down! I think Mid table league one is his level im afraid, although that's just my opinion (probably a few more too)

Would fit in perfect with the team then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Our squad would rank as only the 5th best even in League One now. Behind MK Dons and Rotherham.

• jac52 said:
    robroy said:

They have Solly down as worth £450k and Djiksteel as £0. Phillips is £45k and all the academy boys are all worth nothing.

Yes their player values don't value academy players properly. Karlan for example was valued at £0 until he moved to Huddersfield
  • Our squad would rank as only the 5th best even in League One now. Behind MK Dons and Rotherham.

Unless MK Dons have a couple of wonderkids that we don't know about, then i don't see how their squad, literally just promoted from league 2, is worth that.
  • Standard reckons a lot of the Championship clubs are having spending rules issues apart from the recently relegated and promoted sides and basically the ones that have bought somebody have had to sell a player first.
  • jac52 said:
    robroy said:

Exactly didn't we turn down 2 mil for anfenne
  • CH4RLTON said:
    jac52 said:
    robroy said:

Exactly didn't we turn down 2 mil for anfenne
    If it was 2mill he would have been gone
  • Everyone is saying we have to wait for loans next week when premier clubs announce their squads, but some EFL clubs have already taken players on loan from premier clubs, look at Oxford today and a few Chelsea players have gone on loan