Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Sorry folks - Cullen not coming. 
    Is that online now as well?

blinding night if so 
    Deciding to stay and fight for his place in the team. Good for him, bad news for us. I get the impression that if he hasn’t been playing much in the first half of the season, he will go out on loan in January, but for now, I think Cullen stays.
  • Bielik, Cullen and Aribo were all beautifully wonderful on the ball.  Without it and under defensive pressure none of them were able to organise between themselves how to drop and who to stay close to.

I'd love to see Bielik back, but his value is not much more than Arsenal paid for him.  He had a failed Birmingham loan, didn't play for Walsall, and was excellent for us in League One.  Irregardless if we signed him I still think we desperately need an athletic dm, who's willing to harangue and berate both teamate and opposition.
  • Cullen coming back was always less likely the more pre-season went on and he played games. The way I saw it, if he was ever going to come back, he wouldn’t have been involved as much for West Ham and Pellegrini would’ve let him out on loan by now, just like Hugill.

Right now, the bigger news should be missing out on Herbie Kane. He might not be Cullen, but he was always going to be on loan this season. 
  • ColinTat said:
    Bielik, Cullen and Aribo were all beautifully wonderful on the ball.  Without it and under defensive pressure none of them were able to organise between themselves how to drop and who to stay close to.

I'd love to see Bielik back, but his value is not much more than Arsenal paid for him.  He had a failed Birmingham loan, didn't play for Walsall, and was excellent for us in League One.  Irregardless if we signed him I still think we desperately need an athletic dm, who's willing to harangue and berate both teamate and opposition.
    I don’t understand anyone who says about Bielik and his time previously in the Championship.

Bielik was 19 years old, at his first loan spell, at a club which had 3 different managers in one season and finished 19th.

When he was at Walsall, he dislocated his shoulder and then returned back to Arsenal.

His first full season was with us last season and he improved massively, to the point of becoming one of our most important players.

At the age of 21, with his background in football, his ability on the ball and potential to improve and impose himself on games, maybe £10mil now is steep, but he will be worth it. Derby are getting themselves a very, very good player. 
  • ColinTat said:
    Bielik, Cullen and Aribo were all beautifully wonderful on the ball.  Without it and under defensive pressure none of them were able to organise between themselves how to drop and who to stay close to.

He didn't play at Walsall because he was injured. With the sort of money now being spent in the Championship he'll go for a lot more than Arsenal paid for him and if he continues to play regularly could be worth a lot more in a few years.
  • Sage said:
    Cullen coming back was always less likely the more pre-season went on and he played games. The way I saw it, if he was ever going to come back, he wouldn’t have been involved as much for West Ham and Pellegrini would’ve let him out on loan by now, just like Hugill.

Right now, the bigger news should be missing out on Herbie Kane. He might not be Cullen, but he was always going to be on loan this season. 
    Has Kane defo gone to Hull, couldn't see that reported.  Bowyer on record as an admirer means that is a real shame.  How about Curtis Jones from liverpool instead 
  • Sage said:
    Cullen coming back was always less likely the more pre-season went on and he played games. The way I saw it, if he was ever going to come back, he wouldn’t have been involved as much for West Ham and Pellegrini would’ve let him out on loan by now, just like Hugill.

Has Kane defo gone to Hull, couldn't see that reported.  Bowyer on record as an admirer means that is a real shame.  How about Curtis Jones from liverpool instead 
    Not sure if it’s Hull or Rangers, but I don’t think he’s coming here. Everything points towards missing out on him and more likely to join Hull.

I fully expect things to be happening tomorrow. Be it in our favour with a signing or two, or not in our favour and confirmation of missing out on more targets.

Not the end of the world, but I think it’s going to be a big couple of days coming up for us in the transfer market.
  • Kane was always likely to stay oop north & Bielik & Cullen have looked unlikely for about a month.
    I'm not concerned about not getting them as it was looking obvious, but I am concerned who will we get.
  • Kane hasn’t joined Doncaster 

• Sponsored links:

• Bielik, Cullen or Kane haven't gone anywhere. Stop pissing your pants everyone. Mate text me to say
  • ashley said:
    With the current squad Charlton will go down.  Just have to hope Lee Bowyer uses the loan market as well as he did last season.  5 good loan players in a starting 11 is a big chunk of the team & can make a huge difference. For that reason, I haven't given up hope for this season just yet 
    The problem with 5 players being  a “big chunk of the team “ is that if you get it wrong and woefully and desperately so with al 5 of them then you could end up with one of the most shockingly inept and embarrassing performances that will live on in memory for ever ,Just think of the “ Iceland 5” for England!s defeat at the European Championship in 2016  . Walker, Rose, Dier , Ali and Kane. Those 5 each turned in five  of the worst performances ever in an England shirt.Something that all Spurs fans need to be reminded of on a regular basis .

Whats an arsenal fan doing on here?

I get the first part 5 players is a big chunk of the squad, however your example is awful. Using a one off match with people who are generally the best players in the England set up at that time, fortunately a knockout format isn't going to be as reflective as a league where you have all season to make sure you get it right. Eg. consistency

We are going to struggle at present though , failing a few ridiculous signings

Not sure that the five of them were /are generally the best players in the England set up at that time or since especially if played when not fit .Ali was and is dreadful in an England shirt after god knows how many chances he has been given over the last 4 years . Walker can’t defend even if his life depended on it . Rose is too temperamental and easy to wind up . Dier is a plodding two dimensional player and Kane takes a good Penalty but should stick  to appearing in movies like LALa Land as he can never get out of third gear on the international scene . The example I gave is most apposite - you stick in 5 players who are not up to it in our starting eleven and it shows you how awful the consequences might be . It doesn’t matter if it is a club match , a European tie , international , one off match or over a season . Garbage in equals garbage out in any context . 
  • Bielik, Cullen or Kane haven't gone anywhere. Stop pissing your pants everyone. Mate text me to say
    Do you honestly believe we'll get any of em?
  • Are we the only newly promoted side to have a significantly weaker squad than in their previous season? 
  • edited July 2019
    Nine days since we last signed someone. Nine days until the window closes.

Still nothing happening and we need half a dozen more bodies. Not looking good.
  • Main thing is how loud we sing and back the boys 100%

That will win us games on its own.

Who needs players or a squad?
    Lessons from Boris? 😁 
    Do you honestly believe we'll get any of em?
    He didn’t say that!😂
    I cant see us getting Bielik if Arsenal get a decent offer.
    cullen & Kane who knows.
    we can but live in hope.
  • Every day that goes by makes me think of previous transfer windows, last summer SG and LB worked a miracle on a budget, that is not likely to be repeated. That budget has stayed the same making it harder to achieve their previous wonders.
    I think we will end up with some last minute, desperation loans and not much else now. I hope I am wrong but I can't see much more happening.
  • Based on his Arsenal career and the few loans he has had, Bielik is not a 10m player.

However, his performances at the U21 Euro's have no doubt made clubs sit up and take notice and take a gamble on him. If he does well then he'll be worth double that next summer and may even make the Poland squad for Euro 2020.

If he was English, there's no way Arsenal would be selling him.

I can't believe Derby (if that's where he's going) will pay 10m outright, maybe an initial 5-6m with add ons based on appearances/promotion/international caps etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    cfgs said:
    Every day that goes by makes me think of previous transfer windows, last summer SG and LB worked a miracle on a budget, that is not likely to be repeated. That budget has stayed the same making it harder to achieve their previous wonders.
    I think we will end up with some last minute, desperation loans and not much else now. I hope I am wrong but I can't see much more happening.
    Crikey Roly's ownership is turning me into Golfie.
  • edited July 2019
    What is concerning is as time goes on, the prospect of not getting anybody in or desperate deals that are no better than what we have looms. The players we need are the sort you have to hold out for and we saw in the January window how your plans can blow up in your face if you can't get them over the line.  
  • Just had a look at our squad on transfermarkt, it's absolute nonsense.

Phillips valued at 50k.
    Dijksteel, Lapslie and Morgan valued at 0.
    Taylor valued at 300k.
    JFC valued at 1m.
    Bonne valued at 100k, even though he cost 200k just a few weeks ago.
  • Bloody hell, keep it to transfer rumours eh?
  • Could Lee Catermole do a job still?  Would give experience, out of contract, knows he wont get the wage he once did.  Maybe would not move South?

Phillips valued at 50k.
    Taylor valued at 300k.
    JFC valued at 1m.
    Exactly, it is nonsense yet people like @serio@seriously_deluded use it to back up their fantasies.

Phillips valued at 50k.
    Taylor valued at 300k.
    JFC valued at 1m.
    There is no point getting bogged down in detail, it is just an indicator. One that puts us firmly where we know we are.
  • Could Lee Catermole do a job still?  Would give experience, out of contract, knows he wont get the wage he once did.  Maybe would not move South?

What move south and take a 95% drop in wages?

What move south and take a 95% drop in wages?
    And hes no better than Pratley.