Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• I think maybe we should have offered igor a new contract 
    Same as Page, always injured.

We can’t carry passengers particularly this season, which probably in hindsight should of meant Page not being offered an extension, good a player as he is.
    A one-legged Igor is better than nothing 
  • No he isn't. We had a >75% fit Igor for about three games, which he looked good in, but the rest of his appearances were utterly futile
  • Anyone know what Josh Parker is up to?
  • I think maybe we should have offered igor a new contract 
    Same as Page, always injured.

We can’t carry passengers particularly this season, which probably in hindsight should of meant Page not being offered an extension, good a player as he is.
    A one-legged Igor is better than nothing 
    But if you continue to renew contracts of players like Igor you’ll never replace them. I’m sure we’ll bring in at least one striker on loan, hopefully two.
  • sam3110 said:
    Maxwell - Amos
    Bauer - Lockyer
    Bielik -Oshilaja
    Cullen -
    Reeves -
    Fosu -
    Marshall -
    Aribo - Aneke
    Parker - Bonne
    Vetokele -

5 players down, instead of 2 wingers to replace Fosu and Marshall we'll get in an attacking midfielder/striker and a more defensive one. 
    And let's not forget that the squad we had in L1 was too small anyway, with next to no adequate cover for injuries
  • With the current squad Charlton will go down.  Just have to hope Lee Bowyer uses the loan market as well as he did last season.  5 good loan players in a starting 11 is a big chunk of the team & can make a huge difference. For that reason, I haven't given up hope for this season just yet 
    The problem with 5 players being  a “big chunk of the team “ is that if you get it wrong and woefully and desperately so with al 5 of them then you could end up with one of the most shockingly inept and embarrassing performances that will live on in memory for ever ,Just think of the “ Iceland 5” for England!s defeat at the European Championship in 2016  . Walker, Rose, Dier , Ali and Kane. Those 5 each turned in five  of the worst performances ever in an England shirt.Something that all Spurs fans need to be reminded of on a regular basis .
  • ashley said:
    With the current squad Charlton will go down.  Just have to hope Lee Bowyer uses the loan market as well as he did last season.  5 good loan players in a starting 11 is a big chunk of the team & can make a huge difference. For that reason, I haven't given up hope for this season just yet 
    The problem with 5 players being  a “big chunk of the team “ is that if you get it wrong and woefully and desperately so with al 5 of them then you could end up with one of the most shockingly inept and embarrassing performances that will live on in memory for ever ,Just think of the “ Iceland 5” for England!s defeat at the European Championship in 2016  . Walker, Rose, Dier , Ali and Kane. Those 5 each turned in five  of the worst performances ever in an England shirt.Something that all Spurs fans need to be reminded of on a regular basis .

Whats an arsenal fan doing on here?

I get the first part 5 players is a big chunk of the squad, however your example is awful. Using a one off match with people who are generally the best players in the England set up at that time, fortunately a knockout format isn't going to be as reflective as a league where you have all season to make sure you get it right. Eg. consistency

We are going to struggle at present though , failing a few ridiculous signings

• wtf ....no rumours at all?

@redhenry ?

• Sponsored links:

• Cant see there will be 3 worse teams than us this season. Oh well, 1 year in the Championship it will be then. 
    Cheer up, Golfie ...... we're not relegated yet.  :smile:

• If Igor was still without a club. I'd have snapped him up on a new contract. 

He was just starting to get match sharp before that final niggle. He was a better option than Parker. Both were better than no one.
  • Valley11 said:

wtf ....no rumours at all?

@redhenry ?

nothing from me atm. Midfield player mentioned to me previously has had an injury setback, but this has been known for at least a couple of weeks
  • sam3110 said:
    Maxwell - Amos
    Bauer - Lockyer
    Bielik -Oshilaja
    Cullen -
    Reeves -
    Fosu -
    Marshall -
    Aribo - Aneke
    Parker - Bonne
    Vetokele -

5 players down, instead of 2 wingers to replace Fosu and Marshall we'll get in an attacking midfielder/striker and a more defensive one. 
    And let's not forget that the squad we had in L1 was too small anyway, with next to no adequate cover for injuries
    I don’t agree with that, I would the squad that finished the season was probably 1 short, a striker. We were loaded in midfield and adequate in defence. 
  • edited July 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Maxwell - Amos
    Bauer - Lockyer
    Bielik -Oshilaja
    Cullen -
    Reeves -
    Fosu -
    Marshall -
    Aribo - Aneke
    Parker - Bonne
    Vetokele -

I don’t agree with that, I would the squad that finished the season was probably 1 short, a striker. We were loaded in midfield and adequate in defence. 
    Look at the games we lost over the season - covering missing players was an issue at times.
  • Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:

@redhenry ?

nothing from me atm. Midfield player mentioned to me previously has had an injury setback, but this has been known for at least a couple of weeks
    I’m sorry RH but I don’t buy that.....If he was injured we would have signed him on a 3 year deal by now. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:

@redhenry ?

I’m sorry RH but I don’t buy that.....If he was injured we would have signed him on a 3 year deal by now. 
    Katrien isn't here now.

• markmc68 said:
    Welbeck spotted at new eltham station. It's happening. 
    Well spotted. That's one in the eye for all those who mocked me earlier! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd love to know what budget LB has left?
    so would he
  • With the current squad Charlton will go down.  Just have to hope Lee Bowyer uses the loan market as well as he did last season.  5 good loan players in a starting 11 is a big chunk of the team & can make a huge difference. For that reason, I haven't given up hope for this season just yet 
    Does he have any budget left for loans? Has RD shafted him even more than last season?
    No. Yes.
  • PopIcon said:
    Anyone know what Josh Parker is up to?
    he had a good game at Wembley, he always worked hard and put in a good shift, I'm surprised he wasn't kept on the staff .. presumably budgetary restraints only allowed for him or Bonne, and Bonne was the choice
  • PopIcon said:
    he had a good game at Wembley, he always worked hard and put in a good shift, I'm surprised he wasn't kept on the staff .. presumably budgetary restraints only allowed for him or Bonne, and Bonne was the choice
    really? Trying hard isn't enough, if it were I'd get a game ….
  • PopIcon said:

another ridiculous comment .. your trying hard and Parker trying hard are poles apart, and you know it
  • sam3110 said:
    Maxwell - Amos
    Bauer - Lockyer
    Bielik -Oshilaja
    Cullen -
    Reeves -
    Fosu -
    Marshall -
    Aribo - Aneke
    Parker - Bonne
    Vetokele -

Look at the games we lost over the season - covering missing players was an issue at times.
    As it is for most League 1 sides. In December I think we had Ward, Aribo, Cullen and Bielik all out. That was just terrible luck and meant our midfield was completely stretched. Didn't help that players like Igor and Page are made of glass, but if you look at our squad numbers last season, I doubt you will find many teams who had bigger squads. 
  • PopIcon said:

another ridiculous comment .. your trying hard and Parker trying hard are poles apart, and you know it
    Parker was nowhere good enough for a shot in the Championship.................... so why would anyone be surprised if he wasn't kept on. Doing that would show the fans about as much ambition as Roland demonstrates.
  • Parker debate round 10 ding ding! is there not a thread for this, he did a job but he isn't good enough for the league above however desperate we are!

3 more working days to get these people signed , not usually this pessimistic but this is not looking good with even Redhenry not having anything

• Parker debate round 10 ding ding! is there not a thread for this, he did a job but he isn't good enough for the league above however desperate we are!

3 more working days to get these people signed , not usually this pessimistic but this is not looking good with even Redhenry not having anything

Transfer window shuts August 8th I believe, so still some time