Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    Wilfred Bonny released and still seems available. Still only 30 but seems to have lost his mojo. Scored 2 goals in a friendly for his Country in July. Worth a pay as you play deal and see what Bows and his team can do?
    The only place I’ve ever heard of a ‘pay as you play deal’ is on here, is it even a real thing
    Not these days
  • Redrobo said:
    Wilfred Bonny released and still seems available. Still only 30 but seems to have lost his mojo. Scored 2 goals in a friendly for his Country in July. Worth a pay as you play deal and see what Bows and his team can do?
    The only place I’ve ever heard of a ‘pay as you play deal’ is on here, is it even a real thing
    Do you remember Bally Smart?
  • So any signing today do we reckon as the season edges closer!! 
  • Redrobo said:
    Pay as you play?

Our budget would run out 37 seconds in to the game.
    We’d be up on the deal though because he’d get injured 16 seconds in.
  • So any signing today do we reckon as the season edges closer!! 
    Nope.
  • Redrobo said:
    Do you remember Bally Smart?
    Yeah, great circus back in the day
  • edited July 2019
    My gut feeling is no signings this week. Then they start to become desperate ones!
    Jesper Blomqvist and Robbie Mustoe are still available
  • My gut feeling is no signings this week. Then they start to become desperate ones!
    That’s the spirit...
  • It doesn't matter what the spirit is. It won't change anything. let's all hope Bowyer starts to get some good deals over the line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Harriet will be the only signing this week IMO
  • It doesn't matter what the spirit is. It won't change anything. let's all hope Bowyer starts to get some good deals over the line.
    Hope won’t change anything either...
  • What happened to that young Chelsea lad on loan? Surely a couple of loans will come in this week 
  • My gut feeling is no signings this week. Then they start to become desperate ones!
    That’s the spirit...

They've already been desperate.
    Williams and possible Aneke aside, the business so far is not likely to aid a decent run at the championship. No disrespect to Purrington, Bonne, Lockyer, Amos or Oshilaja, but they are all still to prove themselves at this level and the jury is very much out. I think those five will struggle IMHO.
    It's not Bowyer or Gallens fault as they are only doing the best with what is available.
    I would guess that they would have preferred upgrades on what they have brought in thus far, if they had the financial clout to do so.
     The loans are going to be vital if we are to have a reasonable fist at this division and it's not beyond the realms given the budget that we have, that these may start to become a little desperate.
  • Mark Marshall and Ben Reeves still available after being released at the end of the season. 

They were decent for their last club. Worth a punt? ☺️ 
  • Harriet will be the only signing this week IMO
    Do you think Harriott will sign as well?
  • Mark Marshall and Ben Reeves still available after being released at the end of the season. 

Marshall signed for Gillingham. Another one we’ve missed out on.

Not allowed to mention old players coming back or you get people saying "move on"

Unless it's Williams, Purrington, Cullen or Bielik in which case the same people want them.

: - )
  • It’s very rare that signings this late in the day are decent as it’s usually cos we have already lost out on first choices.

Its like when Jeffers and Murphy came in before Bolton. Or Racon late in the day..... Jay Bothroyd.....

Granted Murphy was unexpected as his move to Spurs fell through. But Jeffers turned out to be a dud..... the players came in too late to fit in with the team, and we got battered at Bolton.
  • This is a bit ridiculous now, I know I am normally ' wait and see what happens', The season starts in 5 days and we still haven't got the loans in, even if we get them in this week it will be last minute so they will need to adjust, hopefully they have had some form of a pre-season elsewhere.

Not looking pretty at the mo, hopefully we can somehow sign 5 players whether loan or not.

• Sponsored links:

• RD has written off this season as he doesn't care if we're back in L1. I doubt he gives a stuff how weak the squad is - I imagine he'd be happy with no more signings.

The way things are I'm not even confident we'll sign Harriott.
  • We’ll get Harriott this week and that’s it.

The loanees won’t be fully available until next week as they depend on the big boys assembling their squads before the deadline.

And as for permanents our pool is made up of players afar who now want to live back in Greenwich or Lewisham borough, or are in league one or two and not wanted by any of league ones big boys.
  • We’ll get Harriott this week and that’s it.

The loanees won’t be fully available until next week as they depend on the big boys assembling their squads before the deadline.

And as for permanents our pool is made up of players afar who now want to live back in Greenwich or Lewisham borough, or are in league one or two and not wanted by any of league ones big boys.

That would be depressing, considering we need bodies in the middle of the park. I think Harriott will be useful but nothing to rave about, suppose beggars cant be choosers when we have twat of an owner!
  • Main thing is how loud we sing and back the boys 100%

That will win us games on its own.

Who needs players or a squad?
    Team spirit and a good manager - our best qualities.

Will be pleased if we stay up.
  • It’s very rare that signings this late in the day are decent as it’s usually cos we have already lost out on first choices.

Its like when Jeffers and Murphy came in before Bolton. Or Racon late in the day..... Jay Bothroyd.....

Granted Murphy was unexpected as his move to Spurs fell through. But Jeffers turned out to be a dud..... the players came in too late to fit in with the team, and we got battered at Bolton.
    Not true with loans though is it. Cullen, Bielik, Steer and Ward weren’t our back up options.
  • Just looked at the telegraph article,to be honest,there are not many teams that have bought in more players than us.Sure there are some big fees about,but is Birminghams 7.5m striker going to do better than Taylor or Aneke,who knows.
  • If we brought in Cullen, Bielik and Conor Gallagher on loan, I would start feeling optimistic about the season. That is one way of looking at it.
  • If we brought in Cullen, Bielik and Conor Gallagher on loan, I would start feeling optimistic about the season. That is one way of looking at it.
    Don't hold your breath...