Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• jakecafc said:
    Marquis used to try it with my ex bird, so on that basis it's a no from me haha
    Real question is did he get anyway? Or was our fans description of him as a tosser correct??
  • Danny Welbeck is still available on a free. Could be a good partner for Lyle. 

Only problem is it's rumoured he wants a £5m signing on fee! Perhaps we could pay it over 4 years. 
    Lot of money for someone who'd effectively be nothing more than company for Lewis Page in the treatment room
  • Wtf. How on Earth has the name Danny Wellbeck found its way onto this thread. Think more Danny Green. Unbelievable Jeff.
    People wanted rumours.. Fortune provided ;)
  • Think best realistic case scenario the two strikers will be Matty taylor and John marquis. Then midfielders would be herbie Kane, Cullen and Conor Gallagher on loan with Morgan then going out on loan then signing oztumer 

That would be achievable you would think

• edited July 2019
    Think best realistic case scenario the two strikers will be Matty taylor and John marquis. Then midfielders would be herbie Kane, Cullen and Conor Gallagher on loan with Morgan then going out on loan then signing oztumer 
    Mat Taylor 7 goals in 66 games for Bristol C .. no wonder they want shot of him
  • Sponsored links:

• Think best realistic case scenario the two strikers will be Matty taylor and John marquis. Then midfielders would be herbie Kane, Cullen and Conor Gallagher on loan with Morgan then going out on loan then signing oztumer 
    Take out Marquis and Cullen, then its more realistic
  • Wtf. How on Earth has the name Danny Wellbeck found its way onto this thread. Think more Danny Green. Unbelievable Jeff.
    Last time I forget to put that smiley face after my post! 
  • Marquis to charlton is agent talk. Don’t waste your breath 
  • We are not signing a striker for £1m when we can't afford to bring in any decent midfielders. It is just beyond ridiculous that people even think it might happen. 
  • edited July 2019
    cafcwill said:
    Think best realistic case scenario the two strikers will be Matty taylor and John marquis. Then midfielders would be herbie Kane, Cullen and Conor Gallagher on loan with Morgan then going out on loan then signing oztumer 
    Taylor 7 goals in 66 games for Bristol C .. no wonder they want shot of him
    May i remind people of 2 words before they start slagging off a striker who we may sign

'Yann Kermorgant'

He didn't come to us with the greatest of records and is now a cult hero and legend at the club (and would still be with us if it wasn't for a pair of Belgians)

Don't judge M Taylor for what he has done in the past, judge him on what he does for Charlton (if he signs)

Rant Over 
    cafcwill said:
    Taylor 7 goals in 66 games for Bristol C .. no wonder they want shot of him
    May i remind people of 2 words before they start slagging off a striker who we may sign

'Yann Kermorgant'

He didn't come to us with the greatest of records and is now a cult hero and legend at the club (and would still be with us if it wasn't for a pair of Belgians)

Don't judge M Taylor for what he has done in the past, judge him on what he does for Charlton (if he signs)

Rant Over 

I've already judged him .. AND, he'd be no good for us .. we can't afford to sign a dud .. and Kermorgant came to us when we were already quite successful in the third strata, he developed into a 'legend' in a super team .. right now we are barely adequate, unfortunately nowhere near super .. Matty Taylor ? .. not for me
  • edited July 2019
    why can't I 'Iol' this more than once?
  • Possible, yes. Probable? What makes you say that? 
  • sam3110 said:
    Taylor, Kane, Gallagher, Oztumer are realistic, probable even. 

We need another 2 on top, a pacy striker and a midfield behe - moth
    cracking noun/adjective .. floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee (tackles like a monster) ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

Welbeck, Green or Wagstaff?
  • I’d be very surprised if we got Kane - you’d assume he’d link up with his old gaffer at Hull
  • I’d be very surprised if we got Kane - you’d assume he’d link up with his old gaffer at Hull
    saw quite a bit of Kane last season .. I m o, nothing special .. I'd prefer giving Morgan and Lapslie a chance or six
    saw quite a bit of Kane last season .. I m o, nothing special .. I'd prefer giving Morgan and Lapslie a chance or six

That’s surprising - he was pretty poor in the play-offs but played quite well against us in the league. It’s hard to stand out when you’re playing against a midfield of Cullen, Aribo and Bielik 

That’s surprising - he was pretty poor in the play-offs but played quite well against us in the league. It’s hard to stand out when you’re playing against a midfield of Cullen, Aribo and Bielik 
    To be honest, add Williams to that and it is an obscene midfield for League One!
    That's not realistic at all.

At best we might get 2 or 3 of those, and that probably depends on whether Cullen wants to go on loan and Oztumer walks out on his contract at Bolton.
  • Not sure what the LOL was for, I think you are 100% right there.

To be honest, add Williams to that and it is an obscene midfield for League One!
    Top 6 Championship midfield easily 
    Really? That midfield scraped us out of a poor League 1. Only taking third on the last day because of results elsewhere (and obvs our own decent win)