Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Sage said:
    doronron said:
    Marquis still has a year left on his contract and they would want about a million for him it said in the newspaper, it also said Pompey favourites 
    Frankly, I am amazed that they would only get only £1M for a 26-goal L1 striker in his prime. Would guess a lot more than that. Championship clubs spend one mil on players like it is going out of style. We sold Grant for more than that and he had less production.
    Less production? He left halfway through the season on 14 league goals and however many assists. Grant was far better than Marquis last season, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t understand football.
    You seem to be missing my main point. £1M ain't gonna get it done for a 26-goal striker.
    You say that, we bought Ajose for £800,000
    Yes, for the 2016-17 season, three seasons ago. The transfer market has gone bonkers since then.

I would love to get him for a mil. But I feel three ways about it
    1. Roland won't part with the money, otherwise he could have just kept Aribo for £1M in wages
    2. Roland won't part with the money, otherwise he would have already used it to get solid loans
    3. Roland won't part with the money because he just does not want to.
  • cazo said:
    Been told today by a first team player 2 definitely coming this week tried to find out names but a no can’t say I afraid we’re fucked if true only two need a least 7 I think better team last year in league 1. Up yours Roland just sell and go or we’re down before Xmas
    Thanks for sharing 2 definitely coming in is positive indeed as we need a net gain of 5 players from here. Bring in 6 or 7 then Morgan and/or Lapslie can be loaned out.

Also 2 definitely coming in doesn't mean there won't be any more, just means your source is probably only aware of 2 but the fact they have used the words "definitely coming in" is very positive news.

One signing each day this week is required.
  • Agents are laughing at us. Let that sink in. We won’t be signing players for hundreds of thousands let alone a million. We can just hope Bowyer can do some good loan business.
  • Thanks for the PM sage.

Good signing if it happens but WIOTOS
    You cant do that henry that's unfair lol
  • I think it’s the Turk and a arsenal youth player or Taylor from Bristol city
  • Sponsored links:

• @wmcf123 any reason for the LOL?
  • Thanks for the PM sage.

Good signing if it happens but WIOTOS
    #BanWIOTOS!!
  • cazo said:
    Been told today by a first team player 2 definitely coming this week tried to find out names but a no can’t say I afraid we’re fucked if true only two need a least 7 I think better team last year in league 1. Up yours Roland just sell and go or we’re down before Xmas
    I’d take two coming in this week!

I was worried we wouldn’t be bringing any in this week. Two midfielders before Blackburn would be very welcome. I think most of our loans will be done in the last 1 or 2 days of the window.

I suspect Bowyer may also save one loan spot for January.
  • cazo said:
    Come again?
  • @wmcf123 any reason for the LOL?
    It wasn’t meant against you - apologies for any offence caused.  Huge pessimism about the potential signings but i’m hugely looking forward to cheering on the lads, whatever the results 
  • cazo said:
    Come again?
    To be clearer, they’ve been told by a player we are definitely signing 2 players this week but don’t know the names. We are fucked if we only sign 2 players because in cazo’s opinion we need 7. The next part is having a go at Roland, and rightly so.
  • I depends on who the two are I suppose.
  • I heard that marquis can't wait to get back to downham. 
  • I want to see two decent midfielders in first to relax me a bit!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we need four minimum, personally. Five would be ideal so Bowyer can afford to let Albie out on loan like he wanted. If we get six in then we have the luxury of letting Lapslie going out on loan to get minutes too.

What am I expecting? 2 or 3...
  • markmc68 said:
    I heard that marquis can't wait to get back to downham. 
    His a West wickham boy had this on here before.
  • cazo said:
    markmc68 said:
    His a West wickham boy had this on here before.
    Garbage footballer though, notwithstanding that we are grovellers that cannot pick 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Charlton life rumours thread:

1) 175 posts of nothing. People moan and demand rumours.

2) Someone posts a rumour of a player!

3) Excitedly, a few people discuss the merits or not of signing that player.

4) Someone posts the pointlessness of discussing that player as we’ll never be able to afford them under Roland because they’ll cost more than a bag of nice n spicy nik naks.

5) People begrudgingly agree.

5) 175 posts of nothing again until the next rumour. 
    Alternatively.
    1) ITK posts a rumour but can’t reveal their mysterious source.
    2) Turns out to nonsense.
    3) People question the ITK’s, ITK status.
    4) ITK cops the ump.
    5) Repeat.
    How do you know...?...😉
  • markmc68 said:
    Genuine question -  is "downham" a euphemism for fellatio? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah garbage with those 26 goals and 6 assists.
    Nicky Ajose scored a lot of goals once 
  • edited July 2019
    Think we could spend £1m much better elsewhere (a solid midfielder or two) but we won’t be getting anything like that to spend. Loans and frees only until the window closes.
  • cazo said:
    There's still more time after this week.

There will be a ton of players moving in the last week of the window, when premier league sides decide on their squads.