Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    The transfer deadline this year is August 8 at 5pm for Premier League and Championship clubs. I don’t know if that affects loans or just permanent transfers.
  • The transfer deadline this year is August 8 at 5pm for Premier League and Championship clubs. I don’t know if that affects loans or just permanent transfers.
    It is loans as well  
  • Here’s a handy tool so you can keep an eye on exactly how long we have left to bring in these five, six or seven players that will save our season:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20190808T17&p0=136&msg=Transfer+window+slams+shut+on+Charlton&font=cursive
  • Dr Kish saying Bowyer wants 6 or 7 and there could be more than the 1 or 2 Bowyer talks about before Saturday.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201907&date=20190729&time=0422
  • We have a very weak midfield - haven't replaced Aribo, Cullen and Bielik. If JFC is our main threat then we're f***ed.

I imagine Harriott will sign this week.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah garbage with those 26 goals and 6 assists.
    Nicky Ajose scored a lot of goals once
    Not three seasons running he didn't, He also doesn't have a 1 in 3 average.
  • We have a very weak midfield - haven't replaced Aribo, Cullen and Bielik. If JFC is our main threat then we're f***ed.

Surely you realise we’ve got to be patient with JFC, he’s got bags of ability.
  • I am definitely not in the know.
    But I think we Will bring in a couple this week.
    Harriott plus one other.
    If this is the case we will be worse off than the team that finished last season. 
    I hope I'm wrong but realistically we need at least 4 out 5 more to be competitive. 
    Roland only giving Bowyer a league one budget to work with is now getting scary. 

Williams and Aneke will be the main threats, not JFC.

But yes, i think we are all fully agreed midfield is really light.

Can't be many sides who have got promotion and gone into the next season with a weaker side than the one they got promoted with.
  • I reckon 1 this week, get leathered at Blackburn then 4/5 loan players next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Replace Aribo with Grant/Vetokele, we still have three first choice players who need replacing.

On Harriott I think a decision on him will be left until next week. Bowyer said he’s behind on fitness and it wouldn’t be fair to judge him yet. 

The five we’re after are likely to be 3 CMs and 2 strikers, I think Harriott’s seen more of a back up option. He’s neither a CM or an out and out striker.

Bowyer knew we’d be in this situation, we were never going to have 4/5 loans signed up mid July. I still think we’ll sign at least a couple of good players who will either surprise us by signing in the first place or like Bielik price themselves as the season goes on.
  • I think Aneke looks like he will cause problems for teams, we just need to replace foundations promotion was built on last season. We need midfielders that can do the "simple stuff" that Cullen and Bielik did, win it and keep it. JFC can do this but he needs games and cover. 
  • We need Roland to sod off is what we need more than anything. Please, please, let that be this week.
  • Gossip say Khystian Beliek to move to a Championship club. I know we will not pay money. But if Roland had any sense he would buy. With a year or so his value will treble at least.
  • Gossip say Khystian Beliek to move to a Championship club. I know we will not pay money. But if Roland had any sense he would buy. With a year or so his value will treble at least.
    Given todays transfer prices, a top young prospect who did well at the under 21 Euro's has to cost at least 10m. Plus his wages are at least 3 times what we're offering.
  • Feel like there's no chance of Bielik. If he was being sent out on loan then there would be no better place for him and I think it would have been done by now. If their plan is just to cut him out completely, which seems to be the case, then both the fee and the wage requirements will surely be too high. It would be amazing if we actually did sign him permanently (say, using that Lookman money that should be reinvested in the club) and then even from a business perspective we could be getting a cut-price asset whose value would massive increase in only a year. But that would make sense, and require our owner not being a genuine, no holds barred moron. 
  • tgarrat1 said:
    Gossip say Khystian Beliek to move to a Championship club. I know we will not pay money. But if Roland had any sense he would buy. With a year or so his value will treble at least.
    I think we've all learnt by now that Roland does not work by any logic, how he's managed to make a fortune i've no idea
    He made his fortune in one, very specific, industry. I’m not sure how transferable the skills from that industry are to general business and I’m not sure if any of his ventures elsewhere have been a massive success. 

Not a big fan of JFC - happy to be proved wrong.

Don't see Aneke as a replacement for Aribo - Aneke seems to have been played as a forward throughout his career. 
  • Sponsored links:

Given todays transfer prices, a top young prospect who did well at the under 21 Euro's has to cost at least 10m. Plus his wages are at least 3 times what we're offering.
    Bielik is a good prospect but you have to remember he hasn’t played in The Championship let alone The PL. I think he’s now out of our price range but I don’t see any club paying £10 million for him.

Don't see Aneke as a replacement for Aribo - Aneke seems to have been played as a forward throughout his career. 
    Fair enough, I thought he was excellent 17/18, a year out for any injury will take time, I think he’s worth persevering with.
    Bielik is a good prospect but you have to remember he hasn’t played in The Championship let alone The PL. I think he’s now out of our price range but I don’t see any club paying £10 million for him.
    Beilik has, in fact, played 8 games for Birmingham City in the Championship, Shooters.

And by all accounts did well. But, of course, only 8 games - but he was only 18 or 19 at the time.
    The next season he suffered serious injury, which is probably why he was loaned to Charlton last season.

Fair enough, I thought he was excellent 17/18, a year out for any injury will take time, I think he’s worth persevering with.
    I feel we're persevering with him because he's cheap and we don't have many options. He's seemed pretty average when I've seen him play.

I desperately hope he proves me wrong this season and stays injury free.

I feel we're persevering with him because he's cheap and we don't have many options. He's seemed pretty average when I've seen him play.

JFC is one of those players that puts a big shift in but it goes unnoticed a lot of the time because his distribution is quicker and sharper. It’s a massive boost having him back.
  • JFC needs to play games to get back that match sharpness.

He'll make good improvement as the season progresses.

JFC is one of those players that puts a big shift in but it goes unnoticed a lot of the time because his distribution is quicker and sharper. It’s a massive boost having him back.
    I need to watch his game more carefully as I'n not always getting his contribution. He looked pretty fit on Saturday.

I need to watch his game more carefully as I'n not always getting his contribution. He looked pretty fit on Saturday.
    He tired towards the end as can be expected, but I thought his passing and movement were a bit disjointed, but then the whole team were. 
  • JFC struggled to get into a Rotherham side in The Championship ……. just saying.