Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    I’d be very surprised if we got Kane - you’d assume he’d link up with his old gaffer at Hull
    saw quite a bit of Kane last season .. I m o, nothing special .. I'd prefer giving Morgan and Lapslie a chance or six

That’s surprising - he was pretty poor in the play-offs but played quite well against us in the league. It’s hard to stand out when you’re playing against a midfield of Cullen, Aribo and Bielik 
    To be honest, add Williams to that and it is an obscene midfield for League One!
    Top 6 Championship midfield easily 
    Really? That midfield scraped us out of a poor League 1. Only taking third on the last day because of results elsewhere (and obvs our own decent win)
    In fairness, Cullen missed 3 months of our season, Bielik missed a fair amount of games too and Williams only signed in January
  • The reason we came third was because the squad lacked depth - when that midfield played we won.
     One of the reasons, I agree. the other being we sold one half of a very strong strike partnership in January.
  • edited July 2019
    anything that requires a fee - ain't happenin
    anyone that requires north of £4k/wk - ain't happenin without that and more being cut from the wage bill by departures
    the wage bill this season at best is the same as last, which means smaller squad or similar sized less able squad
    Any offer of a fee incoming up to 23:59 8/8/19 and the wretched deluded twunt will grab it with both twisted claws and leave LB even further down defecation avenue than he already is
    Don't kid yourselves the squad's getting any better than now
    Survival is gonna require a collective performance many many times the most optimistic sum of its parts (plus a supertanker load of good fortune on top).
    It's all roly's doing - we can but sit and wait for the rat's witless hysterical reaction when the seeds he has sown crop a nasty harvest of toxic weeds 

Talk of the crap Andy Carol joining is the work of a juvenile know nothing agent loser.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I’d be very surprised if we got Kane - you’d assume he’d link up with his old gaffer at Hull
    saw quite a bit of Kane last season .. I m o, nothing special .. I'd prefer giving Morgan and Lapslie a chance or six

That’s surprising - he was pretty poor in the play-offs but played quite well against us in the league. It’s hard to stand out when you’re playing against a midfield of Cullen, Aribo and Bielik 
    To be honest, add Williams to that and it is an obscene midfield for League One!
    Really? That midfield scraped us out of a poor League 1. Only taking third on the last day because of results elsewhere (and obvs our own decent win)
    Third place and with seven points more we’d have won the league, probably the strongest league one I’ve seen in a long time as well. Don’t really think that’s scraping through is it.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Third place and with seven points more we’d have won the league, probably the strongest league one I’ve seen in a long time as well. Don’t really think that’s scraping through is it.
    That's only because they Had Pratley, Lapsley and Morgan in support :wink:

• I’d be very surprised if we got Kane - you’d assume he’d link up with his old gaffer at Hull

Top 6 I’m not sure, had potential to be without doubt, but top half Championship, most definitely. Just a shame we won’t ever get it to see it happen and added to like any other normal club would’ve been doing.
  • Sage said:

Top 6 I’m not sure, had potential to be without doubt, but top half Championship, most definitely. Just a shame we won’t ever get it to see it happen and added to like any other normal club would’ve been doing.
    I’m quite surprised that people don’t believe that midfield is top 6 quality. I’m not saying we’d 100% finish in the top 6 with that midfield, I’m saying individually and collectively that midfield is good enough for a top 6 championship club
  • That's the end of that hope coming to us on loan (as if it existed in the first place). 

• A bargain - come on Roly, where's the chequebook? Oh well, can't see him coming back on loan now but I didn't think it was ever goin to happen anyway, probably the same with Cullen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just grateful to see a talented player come to us in the 1st place and gave us his all and helped us with promotion. Just like Cullen
  • edited July 2019
    Bless The Sun, thinking that’s Bielik.
  • edited July 2019
    Whats it say
  • They wont get £10m for him. £5m tops.
  • An article that can’t even get a picture of the right player. Total level of accurate journalism in that article... zero. 

I hope they are charging 10 million as we have a chance of getting him on loan as no one is paying that for him!
  • I’d be surprised if a championship club spends £10m on Bielik after one good year in league one. Ludicrous from Arsenal 
  • edited July 2019
    Bielik is an exceptional talent, but 10 million right now is way overpriced.

I do eventually think he'll be worth double that (at an absolute minimum), however his injury record and lack of game time in senior football should put him at 3-5 million tops. I will be totally jealous of any Championship club that manages to get him at that price as he will no doubt be one of the best CDM's in the division.
  • edited July 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Whats its say
    It says

Arsenal will only sell him if someone pays over the odds ie £10m. Otherwise he stays put. (Could be a good thing?)

Four clubs are interested in a permanent deal: Brentford, WBA, Boro and Derby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't he out of contract next year? They have no chance of getting that for him. He's young enough that clubs will just wait a year to get him for free or nick him cheap in January.
  • jac52 said:
    Isn't he out of contract next year? They have no chance of getting that for him. He's young enough that clubs will just wait a year to get him for free or nick him cheap in January.

He could be our first signing we get promoted back the Premiership this year!

"Screens nurse.... oh, too late"

• Redhenry said:
    Whats its say
    It says

Arsenal will only sell him if someone pays over the odds ie £10m. Otherwise he stays put. (Could be a good thing?)

Four clubs are interested in a permanent deal: Brentford, WBA, Boro and Derby.
    no chance, Arsenal are one of the worst at getting the best value on a deal. 

Van Persie, 
    Ashley Cole
    Sanchez
    Adebayor
    Henry 
    Vieira

The List goes on. If you could nick a deal from any PL big 5, Arsenal are the club to buy from.

• jac52 said:
    Isn't he out of contract next year? They have no chance of getting that for him. He's young enough that clubs will just wait a year to get him for free or nick him cheap in January.
    Yes, but unlike us, they are the sort of club that will quite easily get him to extend if they can offer him first team football. 
  • #BringBackCawley
  • #BringBackCawley
    He’s on holiday
  • edited July 2019
    I’d be surprised if a championship club spends £10m on Bielik after one good year in league one. Ludicrous from Arsenal 
    It's just a negotiation ploy. It tells me they really want £6-7M. I think they get that sum. Someone like Leeds has the cash to make that happen and it could help them get promoted. Besides, Arsenal has no choice. If they don't sell him now, he walks in the Summer. And if they don't sell him now, they will get less for him in January. I count him as gonzo. One thing is 100% certain... he is not going on loan to anyone.
  • edited July 2019
    Redhenry said:
    I’d be surprised if a championship club spends £10m on Bielik after one good year in league one. Ludicrous from Arsenal 
    It's just a negotiation ploy. It tells me they really want £6-7M. I think they get that sum. Someone like Leeds has the cash to make that happen and it could help them get promoted. Besides, Arsenal has no choice. If they don't sell him now, he walks in the Summer. And if they don't sell him now, they will get less for him in January. I count him as gonzo. One thing is 100% certain... he is not going on loan to anyone.
    100% certain, hmm
    Me after the last time I made such a prediction.