Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Could Bow walk?
    No. He said we’d have 4/5 loans weeks ago and he also said they come in late in the window. So he knew we’d be in this position and with our budget I’m sure he also knew bringing in players would be difficult.
  • After watching today's game I think our season could depend on the quality of the loan signings definitely need some midfielders that are similar if not better than Bielik and Cullen and I think we also lack a bit of pace upfront 
  • I can't see him walking. It's going to be a tough season but he knew that. No doubt at all how difficult it is signing players but again he knew the budget. He deserves better after what he helped achieve last season but unfortunately under our shit owner it's just never going to happen. It's making the best out of a bad situation until he pisses off. 
  • After watching today's game I think our season could depend on the quality of the loan signings definitely need some midfielders that are similar if not better than Bielik and Cullen and I think we also lack a bit of pace upfront 
    We lack bodies up front. Pace would be nice but Taylor and Bonne are mobile enough for the champ. Villa had Ming's and konsa at centre back who cost over £30m between them. Doubt many championship centre backs will be as quick and strong.
  • Scoham said:
    Aaron Connelly - young lad from BHA, was at Luton last year. 
    Thinking about us or Gills. 
    Two sub appearances for Luton and 19 years old. Is he really the sort of player we’re after to try to keep us up in the Championship?
    When for £15k a week you can have Beilik. 
    And therein lies the problem. 
    £15k per week plus a £3-6M transfer fee. He ain't being loaned again. He is being sold.
  • Looking at the free agent list, the only players who might be decent for us are Will Keane, Will Buckley, Josh Mcheeran, gary hooper, Tom Adeyemi, Jason Puncheon, Ben Marshall, danny williams, Youssouf Mulumbu, Marvin Emnes
  • Mulumbu isn’t a bad shout for a bit of experience. Otherwise I’d take a look at Williams and Adeyemi. The rest don’t interest me at all.
  • Hooper would be good
    Trouble is they’ll all expect more than the £8.50 an hour we’re offering. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Hooper would be good
    Trouble is they’ll all expect more than the £8.50 an hour we’re offering. 
    I doubt it's that high.
  • Sponsored links:

• The problem I have with it all (and I trust Steve Gallen to the hilt) is that I expect the list they drew up is now empty. All the players have probably spoken to us, heard what wd are willing to pay & have just turned their backs on us. 

I'm not expecting anyone decent coming in & for us to be picking up the Josh Parker's of this world on transfer deadline day.  Some of the names I have read on here lately (19 yr old from BHA, some striker no-ones heard of from.Arsenal (not neketiah)) is frightening. We need 2 or 3 experienced Championship players to add to the 2 or 3 kids we will be signing on loan. 
    And there's the problem.

You simply aren't going to find that many experienced championship players for 5k a week, unless they're old, out of contract, have a poor injury record, or all of the above.
  • We have a L1 squad playing in the Championship - LB will do well to keep them up. Relying on last minute cheap loans is worrying.

• Scoham said:
    Aaron Connelly - young lad from BHA, was at Luton last year. 
    Thinking about us or Gills. 
    Two sub appearances for Luton and 19 years old. Is he really the sort of player we’re after to try to keep us up in the Championship?
    When for £15k a week you can have Beilik. 
    And therein lies the problem. 
    £15k per week plus a £3-6M transfer fee. He ain't being loaned again. He is being sold.
    Stoke and WBA in talks. He would love to come back to us but we can’t pay. So I guess we have to move on. Pity. 
  • se9addick said:
    Pinning all of our hopes on some hypothetical, completely unknown loan signings is a terrible way to be going into the season.
    I agree but things looked pretty grim at the start of last season when Charlton couldn’t fill the subs bench. 
  • vff said:
    se9addick said:
    Pinning all of our hopes on some hypothetical, completely unknown loan signings is a terrible way to be going into the season.
    I agree but things looked pretty grim at the start of last season when Charlton couldn’t fill the subs bench. 
    We're in the Championship this season so much more worrying.
  • vff said:
    se9addick said:
    This is a much, much tougher league 
  • We also had an extra few weeks to get loans in last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Spoke to a villa fan on the way to the match, he was saying how Micah Richards has left villa ( think he was retiring?) he was on £50k a week.

I said wow , he then proceeded to tell me Ross McCormack was on 50k a week, and because they’d achieved promotion to the premier league, his wages were going up to 75k a week.

They then basically paid him a 2 million contract settlement to get him off the wage bill.

So you can see what we are up against, and why we won’t be signing Ross McCormack.

• edited July 2019
    Bowyer has confirmed he also wants to send Brendan Wiredu out on loan too... News Shopper link below

So Solly isnt going to be third choice Right-Back!!

Charlton must first bring in more players before youngsters such as Albie Morgan and Brandon Wiredu can be sent out on loan, Lee Bowyer says.

The teenagers, who have featured for the Addicks during preseason, are both deemed to not be ready yet for the step up to the Championship.

Morgan, 19, made 16 appearances during last term’s promotion-winning campaign from League One whilst Wiredu, also 19, spent time on loan at non-league side Bromley.

Bowyer has previously underlined his desire to acquire five new loan signings but has since admitted to some of the frustrations the club has faced in recent times.

Marc McNulty was reportedly a target for the Addicks only for last season’s play-off rivals Sunderland to secure the striker’s services in a season-long loan.

Asked whether the club has received any loan bids for Morgan, Bowyer said: “I'm not sure, to be honest. I think his agent is going to be trying to find him the right club because he won't just let him go anywhere, he has to go and play and he has to go to a footballing side because otherwise it's a waste of time.

“It'll [have to] be the right place for Albie.”

Wiredu has impressed this preseason, ending up as the club’s top scorer with four goals in four games, but Bowyer has confirmed he’s expected to go on loan as well.

The Addicks boss added: “Brandon is nowhere near ready. He's not even played a League One game so he can't come and play in the Champ [yet], he needs to go and learn.

“He's done well and he's scored the odd goal but you can just see the difference in the levels [of quality]. You aren't going to score against Dagenham and Redbridge and Ebbsfleet, you're going to play similar to what you've just witnessed today [against Aston Villa].

“No disrespect to Brandon but he's not ready for that.”

Asked whether Charlton need to sign players before letting others out on loan, Bowyer said: “We have to bring in players first because if we send them all out on loan, and we can't get any players in, then we're stuck. Then we'll be signing you!

“At the moment we aren't letting anyone out until we bring in [more] players.”

• We’d have to bring in at least 6 or 7 to be able to afford to send anyone out on loan imo
  • _MrDick said:
    Will Dijksteel be sold?
    I think his name is Anfernee
    ???
  • Bowyer has confirmed he also wants to send Brendan Wiredu out on loan too... News Shopper link below

So Solly isnt going to be third choice Right-Back!!

Charlton must first bring in more players before youngsters such as Albie Morgan and Brandon Wiredu can be sent out on loan, Lee Bowyer says.

The teenagers, who have featured for the Addicks during preseason, are both deemed to not be ready yet for the step up to the Championship.

Morgan, 19, made 16 appearances during last term’s promotion-winning campaign from League One whilst Wiredu, also 19, spent time on loan at non-league side Bromley.

Bowyer has previously underlined his desire to acquire five new loan signings but has since admitted to some of the frustrations the club has faced in recent times.

Marc McNulty was reportedly a target for the Addicks only for last season’s play-off rivals Sunderland to secure the striker’s services in a season-long loan.

Asked whether the club has received any loan bids for Morgan, Bowyer said: “I'm not sure, to be honest. I think his agent is going to be trying to find him the right club because he won't just let him go anywhere, he has to go and play and he has to go to a footballing side because otherwise it's a waste of time.

“It'll [have to] be the right place for Albie.”

Wiredu has impressed this preseason, ending up as the club’s top scorer with four goals in four games, but Bowyer has confirmed he’s expected to go on loan as well.

The Addicks boss added: “Brandon is nowhere near ready. He's not even played a League One game so he can't come and play in the Champ [yet], he needs to go and learn.

“He's done well and he's scored the odd goal but you can just see the difference in the levels [of quality]. You aren't going to score against Dagenham and Redbridge and Ebbsfleet, you're going to play similar to what you've just witnessed today [against Aston Villa].

“No disrespect to Brandon but he's not ready for that.”

Asked whether Charlton need to sign players before letting others out on loan, Bowyer said: “We have to bring in players first because if we send them all out on loan, and we can't get any players in, then we're stuck. Then we'll be signing you!

“At the moment we aren't letting anyone out until we bring in [more] players.”

And that is why we are still waiting to get players in on loan, every team is in the same boat, they also need to sought out their squads first before they let players go out.
  • We’d have to bring in at least 6 or 7 to be able to afford to send anyone out on loan imo
    We are going to have a squad of about 22/23 so I would say 5 and then Albie could go out on loan, 6 and Lapslie could follow. 
  • vff said:
    se9addick said:
    We could fill the bench that day.....LB just decided not to. 
  • The fact is,if we dont get the loan players,the kids are going to have to play.But all is not lost,look how quickly our previous  kids have adapted,Lookman came straight from the park,Gomez,Konsa never looked out of place,Shelvey was a schoolboy ,Bowyer Parker,Konchesky,all premiership players in their teens,Aribo was not a regular year before last,look at how quickly he improved with game time.We do have this knack of finding players,it is not ideal that they may have to play,but they will not let us down.
  • Wiredu is not a right back in my opinion of hasn't appeared to be throughout his development.
    Watching the video where Bowyer repeatedly says he is laughed at when trying to sign players is the first indication to me that it wouldn't take much for him to leave the club.
  • edited July 2019
    The fact is,if we dont get the loan players,the kids are going to have to play.But all is not lost,look how quickly our previous  kids have adapted,Lookman came straight from the park,Gomez,Konsa never looked out of place,Shelvey was a schoolboy ,Bowyer Parker,Konchesky,all premiership players in their teens,Aribo was not a regular year before last,look at how quickly he improved with game time.We do have this knack of finding players,it is not ideal that they may have to play,but they will not let us down.
    Except for many of the players you have mentioned were head and shoulders above the rest of the academy players in their age groups and had been for quiet a while. Gomez, Shelvey, and Bowyer especially.

If they're good enough, Bowyer will play them and trust them but at the moment we don't have a Shelvey or a Lookman or a Gomez coming through. They're good players coming through but they're just not at the level of others who would otherwise been involved in our situation.

Bowyer has also previously said that if they're around 20/21 years old and not played much for the first team, they're not good enough and won't make it.