Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• My middle lad is friends with a U23 Arsenal player who has just been promoted to the first team, so they asked him about Bielik, Bielik said he would love to come back to Charlton as he loved it at The Valley however he added but they don’t any money so he will be going WBA or Stoke!
  • Greenie said:
    My middle lad is friends with a U23 Arsenal player who has just been promoted to the first team, so they asked him about Bielik, Bielik said he would love to come back to Charlton as he loved it at The Valley however he added but they don’t any money so he will be going WBA or Stoke!
    Think i read he's on at least 15k a week so i assume that means they're prepared to cover most or all of his wages, something we're not in a position to do.
  • edited July 2019
    FAVADDICK said:
    Valley11 said:
    My mate is a Bristol City fan. Just text to say Taylor not even on the bench for them today (PSF). He’s convinced we’ve signed him.
    Playing for there under 23s today 
    Odd? Considering he’s been playing for first team in all other friendlies 
  • Cullen came on as sub for WHU today. 
    He has been told he can stay and fight for a place or go
    out on loan - his choice. 
    No decision yet. 
  • Valley11 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    My mate is a Bristol City fan. Just text to say Taylor not even on the bench for them today (PSF). He’s convinced we’ve signed him.
    I’m convinced we’ve signed Christian Eriksen 
    Hilarious. Just passing on what I’ve been told by someone who has decent contacts at Ashton Gate
    Make up a rumour and then be touchy . Ouch . 
  • Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    tajaddick said:
    New signing to be unveiled at Solly testimonial tomorrow. Won't play but will be announced to crowd. twat. 
    Don’t know why anyone thinks we’ll announce signings at games or reveal them in a new kit. Never happens.
    Ricardo Fuller is the only one I can think off 
    John Barnes. 
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    tajaddick said:
    New signing to be unveiled at Solly testimonial tomorrow. Won't play but will be announced to crowd. twat. 
    Don’t know why anyone thinks we’ll announce signings at games or reveal them in a new kit. Never happens.
    John Barnes. 
    Zheng Zhi, Therry Racon?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    tajaddick said:
    John Barnes. 
    Talal said:
    Scoham said:
    tajaddick said:
    John Barnes. 
    Zheng Zhi, Therry Racon?
    Already been mentioned. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I know we were up against a premier league team who have just spent over 100 million, but thought midfield was really weak today, anyone spot any prospective player signings in the crowd?
  • Need some massive incomings this week!
  • edited July 2019
    Apart from Phillips, Purrington, Aneke and Taylor, everybody else looked like a squad player only today.
    Harriot caused more problems for Villa in 20 minutes than the rest of the midfield put together in the whole game.
    Two new match fit Championship level midfielders needed in the next 12 days, no pressure Lee!
    Also, there was no leader at the back today.

• Let us hope RD cannot say that this squad is good enough
  • Problem is even if we do get players in, the moment they get injured, or someone else gets injured and things have to shift around we are going to be struggling.

In my mind we need at least another 6-8 quality signings in to stand any chance. But I think we will be lucky if we get anymore than 4.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    I’m convinced we’ve signed Christian Eriksen 
    Hilarious. Just passing on what I’ve been told by someone who has decent contacts at Ashton Gate
    Make up a rumour and then be touchy . Ouch . 
    Except I didn’t ‘make up a rumour’
  • edited July 2019
    Problem is even if we do get players in, the moment they get injured, or someone else gets injured and things have to shift around we are going to be struggling.

In my mind we need at least another 6-8 quality signings in to stand any chance. But I think we will be lucky if we get anymore than 4.
    We don't need 6-8 to achieve 2 players for each position. 5 more signings will do that but I agree we might only get 4, we usually miss out on someone on deadline day.
  • If we were in L1 right now, I would be picking this team for a 8-12th place finish.
  • If we were in L1 right now, I would be picking this team for a 8-12th place finish.
    No it would certainly make the playoffs. 
  • Southbank said:
    Apart from Phillips, Purrington, Aneke and Taylor, everybody else looked like a squad player only today.
    Harriot caused more problems for Villa in 20 minutes than the rest of the midfield put together in the whole game.
    Two new match fit Championship level midfielders needed in the next 12 days, no pressure Lee!
    Also, there was no leader at the back today.

Disagree. The new guy from Wimbledon look composed and a good footballer. Sarr played well. Solly did well against some real pace. Harriott was a bit crap for me. Looked good at some things, but when He had a couple of chances to play an incisive pass he cocked it up. Such a frustrating player.

Chucks was top class. Great strength and pace. Just hope it was cramp and not a hamstring.
  • Sponsored links:

• @pmorts: "Do you think you've got enough to start well?

🗣️Lee Bowyer: "No...not at the moment. We need to bring in another five players. For sure, we ain't ready to go in and compete like we want to. It doesn't matter what happens...we have to bring in more bodies."

• More from Bowyer: "Five or six on that bench today are not ready. I'm not being disrespectful, they're kids and it wouldn't be fair to chuck them in. We have to bring in men and people that are ready and can handle playing in the Championship."

• NickGodwinsport "The club have accepted that these players need to be brought in?"

🗣️ Bowyer: "They know, because we let 11 or 12 go. All we're doing is replacing the ones that left. It's going to be hard."

• Not very encouraging comments from Bowyer. Reckon Roland knows he isn't going to be able to sell yet so has decided to cut his losses yet further. We need 6 players, reckon we'll get 2, and probably not very inspiring loans at that.

• We should at the very least be able to max out our loan quota so that will hopefully be four or five. But could be struggling to bring in any kind of experienced heads at this stage.
  • Will Dijksteel be sold?
  • Will Dijksteel be sold?
    I hope not as Solly, bless him, is not championship level these days. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Woefully short, this team is worse than the one we had in May, by a long way. 
    Agreed but it was also better then the team we had in August that year.

I still think we will get 4 decent loans in and have ago at it.
  • @CharltonByBlood indeed
    @covered end junior thanks for posting post match comments, been looking for them. Sounds like RD is screwing us again. Expect AD to be flogged at the 11th hour so Bow can’t use the cash