Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• So our midfield at the w/e is a choice of 4 from Pratley, Williams, Lapslie, Morgan, JFC? 

Not much height, experience or enough quality in there IMO, and Pratley aside that midfield would be absolutely bullied aside.

IF we start with that midfield it could well be all over by half time.
  • Redrobo said:
    21cws said:
    sam3110 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Charlton linked to Chelsea midfielder Conner Gallagher 
    2 weeks ago
    Recycled on twitter but with Swansea and wigan interested 

Which suggests to me that he is going out on loan and Chelsea are fishing to see who else is interested and could pay more than us. ie everyone.

I would say anyone could pay more than us!!
  • edited July 2019
    "seeing if anyone will pay more than us" well that won't take them long to find someone
  • Napa swears by it, also the correlation between wages and where teams finish. A load of bollocks really, look at Leicester when they won the Premier league and that's just an extreme example, Sunderland last year is a better one

You think that one club in 26 years of play in the PL disproves the facts of where all 72 clubs finish “on average” every year? LOL.  You are like the global warming deniers who find one day where it is 25F in Feb and say “see, it’s cold, there is no global warming!” Ignoring all the other data points globally that prove it overwhelmingly.

In all the years of the PL, only once had a club NOT with a top 4 wage bill won it. Wages and position are highly statistically correlated to finish. About .8 over the years. If you don’t know what that means, go look it up.

I and no one else says wage bill shows the exact place of a club in any one year. Ever. But over time it shows it quite well. That’s science, not opinion. BTW- last year our wage bill ranked third in League One. Where did we finish? Manchester City has the highest wage bill in the PL. Where did they finish? Cardiff and Huddersfield were at the bottom. Did they win the PL? No. 

We have the lowest wage bill in The Championship. Most likely we will be in the bottom 1/4 based on that. I’ll bet anyone here we don’t make the playoffs. And we are relegation fodder because of it.

Im pointing out you and this transfer market/ wages talk is a load of bollocks, I don't really need the substance but there is no substance, other than the obvious generally people who pay more should finish higher... doesn't really happen look at West Ham they have always been one of the biggest wage spenders..
  • Ricky Holmes is currently plotted up outside the shipwright just outside London Bridge in a merry mood but not boozing, who’s he with currently??
  • edited July 2019
    Good article in the Guardian about our Academy prowess. A bit upsetting in a way given how much money Rat has left on the table with his quick cash outs. Sorry if already posted.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/31/charlton-young-players-lookman-konsa-grant-gomez
  • Ricky Holmes is currently plotted up outside the shipwright just outside London Bridge in a merry mood but not boozing, who’s he with currently??
    Thought he'd signed for Wimbledon 
  • I don’t know what all the fuss is about? We’ve signed a 5ft 10 Centre half from Bristol Rovers, A bloke from Wimbledon, one from MK Dons, a Keeper who couldn’t get in Millwall’s team last season, a Non League Striker and an injury prone midfielder.

We will be just fine.
    Totally agree with you. 
    We have cleared out all the rubbish. 
    Bauer
    Billik  excuse spelling.
    Aribo
    Cullen. 
    We will be fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t know what all the fuss is about? We’ve signed a 5ft 10 Centre half from Bristol Rovers, A bloke from Wimbledon, one from MK Dons, a Keeper who couldn’t get in Millwall’s team last season, a Non League Striker and an injury prone midfielder.

We will be just fine.
    Grant, Aribo, Bauer, Cullen and Bielik didn't really add much last season - we won't miss them.

I think we suffered from having too big a squad last season. 
  • Marquis going Pompey for a mill. (I know we were never actually in for him)
  • edited July 2019
    21cws said:
    Seriously not 1 real rumour? Little bit worrying
    Not really, most of the signings we actually make come out of the blue with little to know heads-up from the rumour mill.

Most of the time someone says we will sign someone it ends up not happening.
  • So our midfield at the w/e is a choice of 4 from Pratley, Williams, Lapslie, Morgan, JFC? 

Not much height, experience or enough quality in there IMO, and Pratley aside that midfield would be absolutely bullied aside.

More likely 3 from those with 5 at the back. From that lot probably Pratley, Williams and JFC.

Hooray..
  • edited July 2019
    I don’t know what all the fuss is about? We’ve signed a 5ft 10 Centre half from Bristol Rovers, A bloke from Wimbledon, one from MK Dons, a Keeper who couldn’t get in Millwall’s team last season, a Non League Striker and an injury prone midfielder.

We will be just fine.
    Grant, Aribo, Bauer, Cullen and Bielik didn't really add much last season - we won't miss them.

I think we suffered from having too big a squad last season. 
    Exactly. I honestly think we should try and move Taylor on as well - he just got lucky last season. Same as Mendonca did. 
  • edited July 2019
    Marquis going Pompey for a mill. (I know we were never actually in for him)
    Gutting that, I honestly thought Roland was gonna cough up the million plus fee and the 10k a week, I’m starting to think he has no ambition.
  • A million for Marquis seems hefty. Must be nice to have an owner willing to spend that though.

More likely 3 from those with 5 at the back. From that lot probably Pratley, Williams and JFC.

Hooray..
    Man alive, what a line up 🤦‍♂️
  • We can only dream what an outlay of £3 to £5 mill would have done for us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• When are squad numbers announced? That might give us a good idea of who we can expect to bring in..
  • Rudders22 said:
    We can only dream what an outlay of £3 to £5 mill would have done for us. 
    Fixed it for you
  • Scoham said:
    Time for a “perhaps the loans are being held up as the takeover is about to go through” rumour.
    ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/team/first-team

Taylor the only player not in the new kit i.e. he's off. There's a rumour for you to chew away on
  • Found on twitter 
    Gutting that, I honestly thought Roland was gonna cough up the million plus fee and the 10k a week, I’m starting to think he has no ambition.
    Agree, it’s almost like our owner wants us to get relegated to reduce the running costs.
  • 21cws said:
    sam3110 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Charlton linked to Chelsea midfielder Conner Gallagher 
    2 weeks ago
    Recycled on twitter but with Swansea and wigan interested 
    Whicb proves my earlier post that got a lol & an unnecessary dig. 
  • There must be a press day tomorrow hopefully Lee bowyer will shed some light then on the transfer situation
    Agree, it’s almost like our owner wants us to get relegated to reduce the running costs.
    He never wanted us promoted, as it's been said many times before... he will be more than happy with relegation.