Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Rumours are rumours. We all hear them from different sources.
    Ive heard Gallen stayed behind after the Villa game discussing a loan? No idea who that would be.
    Ive heard Spurs are wanting us to take a player on loan depending on wages.
    Ive heard Arsenal have 2 players available to us still...but wages again is the issue.
    Ive heard a Fulham player has been offered to us until Jan.
    Ive heard a midfielder from Chelsea is deciding between us and Millwall amongst others.
    Ive heard we may be getting Leyton Orient right back
    Ive heard we are waiting for confirmation from player but loan agreed between us and Brighton. No idea who
    That is what i have heard in the last few weeks. 
    Not a rumour but I'm thinking of Brighton players that don't get in there prem squads much ! Now about midfielder Beram Kayal ?
  • edited July 2019
    I’ve heard from a reliable source, that I’m not ITK.
    Ive heard Gallen stayed behind after the Villa game discussing a loan? No idea who that would be.
    Ive heard Arsenal have 2 players available to us still...but wages again is the issue.
    Ive heard a midfielder from Chelsea is deciding between us and Millwall amongst others.
    Ive heard we are waiting for confirmation from player but loan agreed between us and Brighton. No idea who
    Leyton Orient right back would make sense if Dijksteel was on his way out
    Ever heard of the phrase " Quality not quantity", OR ? 

:-)
    I've heard.........nothing. I dont know anyone at the training ground or club shop. I dont know any players or friends of players. As Manuel once said.....I know nothing. 
  • edited August 2019
    Just looked at the largest Arsenal message board... apparently Bielik took his medical today at Derby. Arsenal did get £10M, with his Polish club getting a small chunk of that as a sell-on fee. Announcement tomorrow, apparently. Gunner fans seem happy to get the money for him. Almost none ever saw him play and won't miss him, they say. Sigh.
  • I dont mind if the above is true as we arent paying £10m for a player for a very long time. 

Another one of our recent past  who will grace the Valley turf this coming season in another clubs colours. 
  • Just looked at the largest Arsenal message board... apparently Bielik took his medical today at Derby. Arsenal did get £10M, with his Polish club getting a small chunk of that as a sell-on fee. Announcement tomorrow, apparently. Gunner fans seem happy to get the money for him. Almost none ever saw him play and won't miss him, they say. Sigh.
    Just hypothetically. Had Bielik been our player how much would the fee have been? £1m at best?
  • edited August 2019
    Just looked at the largest Arsenal message board... apparently Bielik took his medical today at Derby. Arsenal did get £10M, with his Polish club getting a small chunk of that as a sell-on fee. Announcement tomorrow, apparently. Gunner fans seem happy to get the money for him. Almost none ever saw him play and won't miss him, they say. Sigh.
    Just hypothetically. Had Bielik been our player how much would the fee have been? £1m at best?
    Probably £5-6m would be my guess.

I think twelve years away from the Premier League has left some fans out of touch with the exponential inflation of the transfer market. And it’s finally catching up to the Championship too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just looked at the largest Arsenal message board... apparently Bielik took his medical today at Derby. Arsenal did get £10M, with his Polish club getting a small chunk of that as a sell-on fee. Announcement tomorrow, apparently. Gunner fans seem happy to get the money for him. Almost none ever saw him play and won't miss him, they say. Sigh.

I think twelve years away from the Premier League has left some fans out of touch with the exponential inflation of the transfer market. And it’s finally catching up to the Championship too.
    Don't forget the Roland factor.
  • We can x
  • Richard J said:
    To be fair I rate Bielik above Konsa who went for £12 Million.

I can see that selling players on is how Brentford have moved in front of us. 

Interestingly they scrapped their Academy a couple of years ago and now buy young players for resale value. Clearly Konsa is an example of that. 
    Surprised Maupay is still there to be honest, thought he'd be long gone.

Don't forget the Roland factor.
    Oh yeah. I forgot about him. Owns the club, eh?
  • Richard J said:

Interestingly they scrapped their Academy a couple of years ago and now buy young players for resale value. Clearly Konsa is an example of that. 
    Roland is trying to do a swap deal to send Reza the other way. 
  • Richard J said:

Looks like Brighton are the latest to want him now

Seems Maupay hasnt actually played a single pre-season game for Brentford due to his lack of focus due to clubs wanting to sign him (West Ham went for Haller | Sheffield United went for McBurnie in the end)
    Surprised wages are an issue for the likes of Arsenal and Spurs, and with clubs of that size it's getting decent game time and experience which is more important?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Richard J said:

I could accept us selling players like Brentford do because the owner clearly still has some ambition, see the sort of fees they’re paying out:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-brentford/transfers/verein/1148

They use at least part of the money to build a competitive Championship squad.

The difference with Roland is his budget forces squads to be small so the manager has no choice but to throw academy players in.
    And we seem to be inflexible in terms of contract length. I mean, 2 years is generally ok, but you do have to try to work out players who could earn you money in transfers and get them on longer deals. Otherwise they have a season or a season and a half to get noticed then they wait and leave for nothing!
  • Scoham said:
    Richard J said:

I could accept us selling players like Brentford do because the owner clearly still has some ambition, see the sort of fees they’re paying out:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-brentford/transfers/verein/1148

They use at least part of the money to build a competitive Championship squad.

The difference with Roland is his budget forces squads to be small so the manager has no choice but to throw academy players in.
    And we seem to be inflexible in terms of contract length. I mean, 2 years is generally ok, but you do have to try to work out players who could earn you money in transfers and get them on longer deals. Otherwise they have a season or a season and a half to get noticed then they wait and leave for nothing!
    Which Duchatelet did when he first took over giving 4 and 5 year contracts.
    Unfortunately Vetokele got injured, Polish Pete wasn't up to it and Wiggins was given a decent contract despite the sicknotes while Hamer, Yann etc were allowed to walk while lesser players took their place.
    Sarr had his first good season ( despite the Wembley wobble) last season since getting his long contract.

The Aribo situation was crazy, Duchatelet lost at least 4 million by not getting Joe signed up early last season with a get out clause similar to Joe Gomez. I wonder if RD lost his focus because of the SOC ?
  • RD has written off next season - he's content to be in L1 or possibly lower whilst selling the odd academy player to minimise his losses. He's just waiting for his buyer....
  • RD has written off next season - he's content to be in L1 or possibly lower whilst selling the odd academy player to minimise his losses. He's just waiting for his buyer....
    In that situation the value of the club goes down and he has no chance of getting his money back. 
    RD has written off next season - he's content to be in L1 or possibly lower whilst selling the odd academy player to minimise his losses. He's just waiting for his buyer....
    In that situation the value of the club goes down and he has no chance of getting his money back. 
    And there in a nutshell is our predicament. Our owner is bonkers. 
    RD has written off next season - he's content to be in L1 or possibly lower whilst selling the odd academy player to minimise his losses. He's just waiting for his buyer....
    And there in a nutshell is our predicament. Our owner is bonkers. 
    Sadly we have to wait for the penny to drop for old yellow teeth 
    It may be blindingly obvious to 99.9% of people but not to our genius owner. How did he succeed in business?
  • edited August 2019
    Rumours are rumours. We all hear them from different sources.
    Fuck me you sound more itk than SG, Which must make you........ tommy d 🧐😉😂
  • Bristol City are now in for Dijksteel according to Bowyer