Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    Both teams put fresh bids for 1.6m
    We will take it sooner or later because the contract has not been agreed and LB went on record stating he wouldn't let that situation happen again.

Do you know if we have tabled a contract offer yet?
  • SDAddick said:
    Leuth said:
    Oshilaja was signed with half a mind on the sale of Dijksteel I think
    Was about to write exactly this. The fact that Oshilaja started at the base of the midfield on Saturday is, unfortunately, telling. It means we're at least preparing for losing Dijksteel. Dijksteel came through as a CB and defensive midfielder. It's a testament to his technical ability and athleticism that he slotted in so well at RB second half of last year. But I still find it unbelievable that he's played in midfield only once. Yes, there are some questions over his passing, but Oshilaja looked well out of place. 
    I think Dijksteel will probably go but the Villa game doesn’t suggest that either way. Bowyer’s clearly never seen Dijksteel as midfielder, while Oshilaja needs game time.
  • Obviously it isn't ok. We need four signings at least. Two midfielders, a striker...and Harriott ;)
  • Harriott will sign today because we need more options in midfield for Saturday and Bowyer is getting desperate 
  • Well we never sign anymore of note on transfer deadline day so it needs to get done very soon
  • SDAddick said:
    I long ago prepared myself for the fact that we would start this season with a significantly weaker first team and squad than the one we ended last season with. 

Congrats...
  • Sponsored links:

• Might not be ok redhenry but this is us. 
  • tell me about it.....
  • If we had a normalish owner I would say it might be worth selling Dijksteel in order to ensure we get the players we need over the line. The worst part is we'll probably sell him on deadline day for a couple of million and never see that money reinvested into the playing squad, so we'll lose out twice
  • Redhenry said:
    tell me about it.....
    Anything you can tell us regarding incoming mate
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So our midfield at the w/e is a choice of 4 from Pratley, Williams, Lapslie, Morgan, JFC? 

Not much height, experience or enough quality in there IMO, and Pratley aside that midfield would be absolutely bullied aside.

It'll have to be: 

Phillips
    Dijksteel, Lockyer, Sarr, Purrington
    Oshilaja 
    Pratley, F.Caskey
    Williams
    Bonne, Taylor
    Morgan to come on late for JFC.

That's our only sensible option given what we have available surely?
    I’d be amazed if we play a diamond away to Blackburn. 

Bowyer seems to be set on 3-5-2 for this season and I’m pretty certain that’s how we’ll play on Saturday as it’s a bit more defensively sound. 
  • Redhenry said:
    nope
    Is that a ‘nope you can’t tell us’ or ‘nope there’s nothing going on’?
  • Redhenry said:
    nope
    Then our midfield will be league one standard at Blackburn Saturday. 
    Thanks Roland. 
  • Redhenry said:
    nope
    Is that a ‘nope you can’t tell us’ or ‘nope there’s nothing going on’?

haha people have become so desperate for any sort of news.  it really is sad to see 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Both teams put fresh bids for 1.6m
    Can see Roland accepting that given length of contract, but it should be more. Doesn't really matter, it's not like we will see any of the fee being spent out.
  • Redhenry said:
    nope
    Then our midfield will be league one standard at Blackburn Saturday. 
    Thanks Roland. 
    Worse than last season as well, which is also the problem of using the loan system to the max. Hardly any loan players go back or get signed permentantly after their loan spell, which means every season you are constantly needing to replace them.....as well as the usual players that leave due to being released or sold. Churning 10 -12 players each & every season is madness.
  • I rate Dijksteel but would let him go for 2 mil if Bowyer got all of that to reinvest but obviously that’s not going to happen. 
  • Leuth said:
    What I will say is that Oshilaja seems to have good presence and energy and will be a bugger of a competitor, but Dijksteel certainly has ball-carrying abilities he doesn't. But there's still a question mark over Dijksteel's passing and crossing. Obviously we'd still want to keep him

Yes, good shout.

Anfernee had some shockers when he first came, defensively sound but was a liability on the ball in a couple of games. That is to be expected and is absolute quality for us, the potential is there for all to see. He is a monster athlete and very diligent in defensive positioning.

I seem to remember he played more DM than RB in youth but he was clearly a great prospect. He played some of that U-23 cup nonsense as CB & DM. First team action saw him stick to RB. Means he has even more potential as there is greater capacity to develop and learn and he is clearly on a big upward curve.

Second half of last season he was solid. Last quarter of the season he seemed to hit a next level in his attacking, available for the ball always and being able to beat players with his running rather than trickery. Come the last game of the season, his trick on the edge of the box turned out rather nicely!

There is no logic in the world that would sell Anfernee for anything less than 5M and that would be cheap still. Every other club in this division would not sell. That is how hard it is going to be for us.

Imagine sold £2-3M. 500K maybe back to spend on replacement staff costs.  Is he the domino to fall before we get those 3-4 players in?

I really hope he stays.
  • edited August 2019
    Roland coming out publically about Championship losses will affect the Djiksteel price. He really is thick. If Bowyer got the money to strengthen the team, it could actually be a good thing. But we know that won't happen although if I was Bowyer, I would threaten to walk if that happened. Djiksteels best days are ahead of him. We need to sort out this season as a priority. I think Solly can do a job still, but he isn't the players he was a few years back when he was the best defender outside the Premier League. I am very worried about the midfield.
  • Wembley feels like a lifetime ago.

Dont think I’ve ever been less optimistic about a season since supporting Charlton. This squad would barely make League One playoffs.

Even with legends like Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen in charge, it’s gonna be a complete nightmare unless we get another 5 players in that will not just boost numbers, but will actually improve the starting lineup.
    Best management team we’ve had in years and I’d still put my house on us going down.

What confuses me is it seems like Roland thinks being in league 1 helps a sale. So what has been stopping him these last couple of years?

• Laddick01 said:
    Wembley feels like a lifetime ago.

Dont think I’ve ever been less optimistic about a season since supporting Charlton. This squad would barely make League One playoffs.

Even with legends like Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen in charge, it’s gonna be a complete nightmare unless we get another 5 players in that will not just boost numbers, but will actually improve the starting lineup.
    Best management team we’ve had in years and I’d still put my house on us going down.

What confuses me is it seems like Roland thinks being in league 1 helps a sale. So what has been stopping him these last couple of years?

Don' get confused by Roland. He isn't the full ticket so no point trying to apply logic to his actions.