Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Apparently whenever we're close to a player another team gazumps us, but we need 5 more players and we won't sign people to make up the numbers, they have to improve on what we have because otherwise "that's just stupid". 
  • Bowyer has confirmed we wont see any of the Lookman money
  • edited August 2019
    One for the dreamers on this thread, Bowyer just confirmed he won’t see any of the Leipzig money for Lookman.
  • What a mess ....................... unfortunately a believable mess!
  • If Solly starts Saturday it’ll tell you all you need to know about the Dijksteel rumour, some will say oh well Dijksteel didn’t play much pre season maybe that’s why, which is bollocks he’s one of our best players who gets the nod now over Solly.
    and if Solly plays RB this season we are fcked
  • edited August 2019
  • If Solly starts Saturday it’ll tell you all you need to know about the Dijksteel rumour, some will say oh well Dijksteel didn’t play much pre season maybe that’s why, which is bollocks he’s one of our best players who gets the nod now over Solly.
    I wouldn’t go that far I just think Dijksteel is better.
  • One for the dreamers on this thread, Bowyer just confirmed we won’t see any of the Leipzig money for Lookman.

No confirmation needed Bow,we all know our shit cnut owners ambition for this club
    I wouldn’t go that far I just think Dijksteel is better.
    I would, he will get roasted weekly
  • Sponsored links:

• At least Bowyer’s still saying we need 5.
  • Surprised Bowyer is still here after the summer we've had.  Shows how much he loves the club 
  • Please some signings today and tomorrow to save embarrassment against Blackburn on Saturday
  • sam3110 said:
    Apparently whenever we're close to a player another team gazumps us, but we need 5 more players and we won't sign people to make up the numbers, they have to improve on what we have because otherwise "that's just stupid". 
    Spot on, there are no leaks as this keeps happening. Only way they get a deal over a line is when LB, SG and the players reps are involved. The more ppl they tell the more likely they are to lose said player. This is what I was told yesterday by my contact, who then said sadly not 2 tomorrow.
  • Quite pleased we are not spending a lot of money on Marquis. I think he is a very good Div 1 player who would struggle in the Championship. Mind you, hope we get someone in to support Taylor.
  • Bristol City are now in for Dijksteel according to Bowyer

Could we get Matt Taylor in part exchange ?
  • Would be very pleased about Wells doubt it will happen though.
  • Anyone who’s got valley pass and can see the full press conference, was bowyer asked if any of the five would be in by the weekend??
  • Richard J said:
    Bristol City are now in for Dijksteel according to Bowyer

Could we get Matt Taylor in part exchange ?
    Then we would need a rightback, solve one gap but make another.
  • Sponsored links:

• Both teams put fresh bids for 1.6m
  • Thought Deji could play full back said he could play all across back line 
  • Redhenry said:
    Both teams put fresh bids for 1.6m

This is not good, I wouldn't mind as much if we knew it would be reinvested, also the potential Anfernee has should outweigh any of this. Roland being Roland will obviously accept anything around this figure. Sad times, also still would have liked to see him in his original role CDM
  • Leuth said:
    Oshilaja was signed with half a mind on the sale of Dijksteel I think
    Yep.
  • What I will say is that Oshilaja seems to have good presence and energy and will be a bugger of a competitor, but Dijksteel certainly has ball-carrying abilities he doesn't. But there's still a question mark over Dijksteel's passing and crossing. Obviously we'd still want to keep him
  • Leuth said:
    Oshilaja was signed with half a mind on the sale of Dijksteel I think
    Was about to write exactly this. The fact that Oshilaja started at the base of the midfield on Saturday is, unfortunately, telling. It means we're at least preparing for losing Dijksteel. Dijksteel came through as a CB and defensive midfielder. It's a testament to his technical ability and athleticism that he slotted in so well at RB second half of last year. But I still find it unbelievable that he's played in midfield only once. Yes, there are some questions over his passing, but Oshilaja looked well out of place. 
  • I long ago prepared myself for the fact that we would start this season with a significantly weaker first team and squad than the one we ended last season with.