Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Blucher said:
    The portents don't look good in terms of keeping Anfernee Dijksteel. With all this speculation swirling around him and Lee disclosing Bristol City's interest, there must be a real prospect of Duchatelet cashing in at something like £2-2.5million. It's hard to see the lad signing a new contract, given the owner's refusal to pay wages at anything approaching the market rate. The absence of a CEO and Finance Director (for something like 20 and 18 months respectively), can hardly help matters, given that (a) Duchatelet claims to only spend 2% of his time on the club and (b) he appears to be someone who either doesn't take advice (save from little Tommy) or ignores such as advice as he is offered on football-related issues - after all, he does know best.

In the event that Anfernee moves on, I fully expect to see him being sold on in the next year or two for several times the sum paid to CAFC, unencumbered by any, or any significant, sell-on fee. 

It's a tragedy that a hugely productive period for the club in terms of our excellent Academy and the conveyor belt of highly talented youngsters has coincided with this utterly disastrous regime. A great opportunity has - and continues to be - squandered. Most other clubs are delighted if they can introduce one or two home grown players each season, a yardstick we have consistently bettered.

I am sick to the teeth of other clubs picking off our young talent on the cheap. Why should clubs like Brentford and Huddersfield go to the trouble and expense of maintaining academies when they can pick up our best young players for modest fees and then sell them on at a profit ?

Sadly, it is not just agents who are laughing at us .
    2 to 2.5 million for Anfernee would be a more than fair price, probably. I wouldn't assume he will be sold though. There will be a point where an offer could be too good to refuse, but we all thought Bauer would be sold last summer, but Bowyer was adamant Roland had decided he wasn't for sale and so it proved to be. Thank goodness he wasn't as he couldn't have had a bigger impact on our season.

Roland has, in the past, decided to fend off interest in our players. To problem is, when he decides to sell, he does it far too cheaply and then doesn't reinvest the money on new players.

• Blucher said:
    The portents don't look good in terms of keeping Anfernee Dijksteel. With all this speculation swirling around him and Lee disclosing Bristol City's interest, there must be a real prospect of Duchatelet cashing in at something like £2-2.5million. It's hard to see the lad signing a new contract, given the owner's refusal to pay wages at anything approaching the market rate. The absence of a CEO and Finance Director (for something like 20 and 18 months respectively), can hardly help matters, given that (a) Duchatelet claims to only spend 2% of his time on the club and (b) he appears to be someone who either doesn't take advice (save from little Tommy) or ignores such as advice as he is offered on football-related issues - after all, he does know best.

In the event that Anfernee moves on, I fully expect to see him being sold on in the next year or two for several times the sum paid to CAFC, unencumbered by any, or any significant, sell-on fee. 

It's a tragedy that a hugely productive period for the club in terms of our excellent Academy and the conveyor belt of highly talented youngsters has coincided with this utterly disastrous regime. A great opportunity has - and continues to be - squandered. Most other clubs are delighted if they can introduce one or two home grown players each season, a yardstick we have consistently bettered.

I am sick to the teeth of other clubs picking off our young talent on the cheap. Why should clubs like Brentford and Huddersfield go to the trouble and expense of maintaining academies when they can pick up our best young players for modest fees and then sell them on at a profit ?

2 to 2.5 million for Anfernee would be a more than fair price, probably. I wouldn't assume he will be sold though. There will be a point where an offer could be too good to refuse, but we all though Bauer would be sold last summer, but Bowyer was adamant Roland had decided he wasn't for sale and so it proved to be thank goodness he wasn't as he couldn't have had a bigger impact on our season.

Roland has, in the past, decided to fend off interest in our players. To problem is, when he decides to sell, he does it far too cheaply and then doesn't reinvest the money on new players.

And hopefully he’ll realise that as a young player with a lot of potential, he needs a really good contract offer or he can sit in the reserves. Like bowyer hinted earlier. 
  • Didn’t realise Kane hadn’t signed for Hull yet. Looks like they’re signing Honeyman from Sunderland - will they need both?
  • Blucher said:

2 to 2.5 million for Anfernee would be a more than fair price, probably. I wouldn't assume he will be sold though. There will be a point where an offer could be too good to refuse, but we all though Bauer would be sold last summer, but Bowyer was adamant Roland had decided he wasn't for sale and so it proved to be thank goodness he wasn't as he couldn't have had a bigger impact on our season.

And hopefully he’ll realise that as a young player with a lot of potential, he needs a really good contract offer or he can sit in the reserves. Like bowyer hinted earlier. 
    So, what happens if RD doesnt sell Dijikstel, the lad gets the hump as we have denied him his "big chance" & refuses to sign the new contract. Does LB make him play with the U23's until the end of the season when he does an Aribo & leaves for a development fee   ????

That being the case I can see RD selling him because that just the scenario Dijikstel's agent is painting to RD right now. 
  • Blucher said:

I agree that every player has his price but £2-2.5 million is, in my opinion, too low for a young player with Dijksteel's potential in this hugely inflated market. Bristol City have just sold Adam Webster for £20 million (a Championship record), whilst it is reported that Derby are to pay £9.5 million for Kristian Bielik - a fine young player but a relatively inexperienced one with a patchy injury record.

As to whether Duchatelet will sell, I hope you are right @Exiled_Addick but I think the position is distinguishable from that of Patrick Bauer last summer in a number of respects: first, Blackburn's offer was derisory - I believe Bowyer said it was "a couple of hundred thousand"; secondly, a further year has passed and Duchatelet is hugely peeved that no one will pay his grossly inflated price; and, thirdly, I suspect he is on some perverse, ideological mission to demonstrate that it is possible to break even in the Championship, even if it means relegation back to League 1.

It's impossible to understand the man, but I think that Duchatelet also gets some kind of weird kick out of pissing off many thousands of Charlton supporters by way of revenge for the denigrating scorn he feels we have heaped upon him.
  • It's Blucher said:

Great post, the biggest joke of all is when Roland first took over , Murray said when of the biggest benefits of having Roland wpuld be we wouldn't lose our top young players on the cheap again.
  • Dijksteel has only 1 year left on his contract which will affect his transfer value. Adam Webster for example has 3 years left on his existing contract
  • Redrobo said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Hi all, I haven’t been around since the playoff final, but just wondered how it’s going on the transfer front. I’m assuming we've improved the squad since Div 1 days?
    You did know I was kidding, right?
    Of course we did, and how we rocked with laughter. I thought my sides were going to split and the tears just rolled down my cheeks. No, not rolled, gushed. Such mirth. Such a pain in our sides. Will we ever read such cunning prose again? The sheer devilish audacity to claim no knowledge - but knowing you had posted most days. Sheer brilliance. When come such another? I just feel blessed to tell my grandchildren, “I was there”.
    That’s mean ☹️
  • Just listened to Bowyers interview on Valley Pass. So Marcus Browne was another player we lost out on due to budget went to Boro. Bowyer would have used him in the Grant role.
  • I Still want Ben Whiteman of Donny. He’s a great defensive midfielder. Would suit Bowyers tenacity and no shortage of skill too

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Just listened to Bowyers interview on Valley Pass. So Marcus Browne was another player we lost out on due to budget went to Boro. Bowyer would have used him in the Grant role.
    Yep just seen the same clip.

Browne wasn’t mentioned by name words to that affect given Boro’s transfer activity... “Winger we wanted, I wasn’t going to use him as a winger. Thought we had him through the door but Boro came in above us.”
  • Scoham said:
    Didn’t realise Kane hadn’t signed for Hull yet. Looks like they’re signing Honeyman from Sunderland - will they need both?
    I'm not complaining but I despair of the ability of the management teams in some clubs. Signing Honeyman - they will be having street parties in Sunderland! Make you realise how lucky we are to have Bowyer. A decent owner who knew what they were doing would have tied him, SG and JJ up for at least 3 years!!!!
  • Sell AD and Taylor will be gone shortly after, or in January at the latest. And we'll be relegated back to Division one by February.
  • Spoke to a player who has said djksteel is def going and Taylor will be going if he’s contract offer isn’t improved, Taylor’s upfront on he’s own Saturday and they expect to lose im just going to cry in a corner somewhere, 

Im normally quite upbeat and positive but we need these 5 players in ASAP.
  • edited August 2019
    We now need one loan signing every weekday until the window closes. And that’s assuming Dijksteel and Taylor stay.
  • bobcafc7 said:
    Spoke to a player who has said djksteel is def going and Taylor will be going if he’s contract offer isn’t improved, Taylor’s upfront on he’s own Saturday and they expect to lose im just going to cry in a corner somewhere, 

Understandbly due to our terrible owner we are in a dire situation, but if that's the attitude players are having going into the first game of the season I am really worried.
  • Simply cannot blame anyone who wants to fuck off, Taylor must realise there’s worse forwards than him in this league on three times what he’s earning.
  • Clutching at straws here but if we let Anfernee leave then that’s surely a sign that a takeover is close 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Clutching at straws here but if we let Anfernee leave then that’s surely a sign that a takeover is close 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Bowyer said a while ago we wouldn’t let a player get into the same situation as Aribo. Dijksteel and Taylor still haven’t signed new contracts.
  • robroy said:
    If we lose Taylor, that’s me done for this season 
    I think that is Charlton done for the season as well.
  • If Afernee doesn’t feature v Blackburn then we have our answer. Even if he does he could still be off.
  • edited August 2019
    What's really frustrating at the mo is there are no rumours no whispers or even any speculation
    I fear we may have had so many knock-backs, that maybe they are debating amending their remit from "players that will improve us" to "players who aren't quite shit"
    They’ll start using the dreaded ‘bodies’ phrase
  • PopIcon said:
    bobcafc7 said:
    Spoke to a player who has said djksteel is def going and Taylor will be going if he’s contract offer isn’t improved, Taylor’s upfront on he’s own Saturday and they expect to lose im just going to cry in a corner somewhere, 

I dont believe a first team player would tell you that he expects us to lose on Saturday.
    Neither do I...
  • cs1986 said:
    Don't see Taylor going. I can't see a market for him with all the moves made already. He is unproven at champ level think he sticks with us.
    Basically we need Rich Cawley back from his holidays

He usually confirms or stops any wild rumours like this that appear
  • redbuttle said:
    PopIcon said:
    bobcafc7 said:

I dont believe a first team player would tell you that he expects us to lose on Saturday.
    Neither do I...
    Bowyers mentality of people wanting to be here and desire to win already gone? I don’t believe a player has said that they all expect to lose. 
  • PopIcon said:
    bobcafc7 said:

Neither could I and I said that’s the wrong attitude to have but it also don’t surprise me when you see some of the stuff he says on Twitter, 3-0 loss at least was the words but believe what you want that’s all I have to say on it.