Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travelling to Wembley on Sunday

Just had a quick look on the various websites for next Sunday what with it being the Bank Holiday Weekend

No works being done on / around the Bakerloo Line or Jubilee Lines on the way to Wembley on Sunday

SouthEastern though do have a few works (with Buses being used to replace trains on the following routes) for those coming from various areas

- Ramsgate and Dover
 - Denmark Hill and Bromley South (via. Herne Hill)
 - Faversham and Dover Priory (via. Canterbury)
 - Lewisham and Plumstead

Comments

• I'm coming up from Cardiff, thinking of driving to Reading then getting the train into to Paddington and tube to Wembley. If anyone else is coming up from the West let me know what your plans are see if we can meet on the way etc.
  • Beardface said:
    I'm coming up from Cardiff, thinking of driving to Reading then getting the train into to Paddington and tube to Wembley. If anyone else is coming up from the West let me know what your plans are see if we can meet on the way etc.
    Just make sure you check long beforehand what engineering / roadworks are taking place etc.

What with it being the Bank Holiday it'll be a great chance for the various Councils / Travel Companies to try and ruin people's extra day off as best as possible
  • Wembley, among the most inaccessible football stadiums in the country. This will only be the second time I have been there with Charlton and the coach will be my method of transport. If on the piss and time or company is not going to be an issue then get the train and spend a few hours fart arsing about and go for beers afterwards. 

If you are driving, firstly I salute you, as parking round Wembley has become big business. There is a fairly easily accessible car park at the back of a working mens club at the Brent council end of Wembley. There will be a lot of signs up of people offering to park on their drives for anything from a tenner further out to 30 quid nearby. 

Don't expect to get anywhere quickly though 
  • Stanmore tube has around 400 spaces and are booking them through ncp parking for £15 each If any use to people
  • Beardface said:
    I'm coming up from Cardiff, thinking of driving to Reading then getting the train into to Paddington and tube to Wembley. If anyone else is coming up from the West let me know what your plans are see if we can meet on the way etc.
    Just make sure you check long beforehand what engineering / roadworks are taking place etc.

What with it being the Bank Holiday it'll be a great chance for the various Councils / Travel Companies to try and ruin people's extra day off as best as possible
    Yeah I've been worried about that, there's nothing showing at the moment, but if it changes I'll drive to somewhere like Uxminster and get the tube in from there. Parking is only around £10 on a Sunday, and given the train from Cardiff is around £80pp seems better off driving, even if for one person only. 
  • Carter said:
    Wembley, among the most inaccessible football stadiums in the country. This will only be the second time I have been there with Charlton and the coach will be my method of transport. If on the piss and time or company is not going to be an issue then get the train and spend a few hours fart arsing about and go for beers afterwards. 

If you are driving, firstly I salute you, as parking round Wembley has become big business. There is a fairly easily accessible car park at the back of a working mens club at the Brent council end of Wembley. There will be a lot of signs up of people offering to park on their drives for anything from a tenner further out to 30 quid nearby. 

We had to make coach stop on one of the bridges in 98 and pissed in the Thames. 
  • Getting valley express from sheerness. 
  • Beardface said:

@Beardface Have you try parkonmydrive app?

https://www.parkonmydrive.com/

I've been to Wembley for gigs and have parked about ten minutes walk to the stadium, you can park for about £15

https://www.parkonmydrive.com/search-check.php?start=2019-05-26&end=2019-05-26&bookingPart=af&query=Wembley%2C+UK&radius=2&aclat=51.550501&aclon=-0.3048409000000447

The 1st one, is the one I've used.
  • Valley Express from Faversham. Looks like double decker coaches on all routes too as 96 seaters. 
    Last time we went to Wembley we got the train but my grandad has the case of Johnnie Jackson's (said in jest don't worry!) and can't walk that far. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    I was at Wembley yesterday for The FA Cup final, got out quite easily and from the time I got to Wembley Park station back home was a total of just over 1 hour, no more than than 1 hour 15 minutes, which included getting off at London Bridge and getting a train back.

Not bad at all.
    Are you saying 15 mins from ground to Wembley Park ...
    thats a miracle or did you leave at ht
  • Carter said:
    Wembley, among the most inaccessible football stadiums in the country. This will only be the second time I have been there with Charlton and the coach will be my method of transport. If on the piss and time or company is not going to be an issue then get the train and spend a few hours fart arsing about and go for beers afterwards. 

Mates paying 65 pound to park at the ground his got his son to drive up from Hastings..in return he has treated him to the 269 pound corporate package...they are Sunderland fans. 
  • Sage said:
    I was at Wembley yesterday for The FA Cup final, got out quite easily and from the time I got to Wembley Park station back home was a total of just over 1 hour, no more than than 1 hour 15 minutes, which included getting off at London Bridge and getting a train back.

Not bad at all.
    Are you saying 15 mins from ground to Wembley Park ...
    thats a miracle or did you leave at ht
    Guess loads of Watford would have left early while City would have hanged around for a bit to see the trophy given out etc etc.
  • We’re (group of six) going to let the train take the strain and aim for a leisurely breakfast ad a few beers around London Bridge/borough Market before heading to Wemberlee nice and early on the jubilee line. 
  • Beardface said:
    Beardface said:

Yeah I've been worried about that, there's nothing showing at the moment, but if it changes I'll drive to somewhere like Uxminster and get the tube in from there. Parking is only around £10 on a Sunday, and given the train from Cardiff is around £80pp seems better off driving, even if for one person only. 
    You should be fine then in terms of train works as usually they plan well in advance before fucking up people's arrangements
  • I'm driving from Bexleyheath & have booked a disabled space at the stadium for £15 as sadly I am not very ambulant. The AA  route planner tells me it will take just over an hour. I am planning to leave at 12 o'clock as the North circular can get a bit busy.
  • Sage said:

Not bad at all.
    Up until Xmas, my office was on Wembley way.  Likely the most packed route, but jubilee or met to Wembley Park very easy.  Bakerloo to Wembley Central or whatever it is okay, but that’s a slower tube line with more stops.  I’m likely on the jubilee from Canada Water all the way through 
  • cabbles said:
    Sage said:

Not bad at all.
    Up until Xmas, my office was on Wembley way.  Likely the most packed route, but jubilee or met to Wembley Park very easy.  Bakerloo to Wembley Central or whatever it is okay, but that’s a slower tube line with more stops.  I’m likely on the jubilee from Canada Water all the way through 
    Am planning on getting to North Greenwich myself and doing similar - Imagine that the line will be busier from there what with there being no trains between Lewisham and Plumstead (Guess that means there will be no London trains down that line at all?)
  • The Pease Pottage or Goldstone pickups looked good for us, until I saw it goes on a detour to Swanley & Bexley after.
  • I'm going to drive to Hillingdon Station, park there for 3 quid, then jump the tube which takes 23 minutes.  It's a 24hr manned car park.  Not only is it near enough for a short tube hop, it's far enough away that I'm not likely to get caught up in traffic leaving the area after the match.
  • Sponsored links:

• If I had a ticket I would be planning a beer near Marylebone and then hop on the train to Wembley Stadium. Takes 9 mins.
  • Carter said:

I suppose driving may cause an issue but with the Bakerloo and jubilee line to Wembley or from Marylebone makes it quite easy to get to the stadium. Also enjoy the walk up Wembley way. 
  • Off_it said:
    If I had a ticket I would be planning a beer near Marylebone and then hop on the train to Wembley Stadium. Takes 9 mins.
    Is that an actual station? Wembley Stadium? I think someone had mentioned that before, but wasn't sure if I dreamt it
  • Yes, but you miss out on the ‘experience’ of walking down Wembley Way
  • The difference from ‘98 is the Jubilee Line from North Greenwich, can park there for £7.50 on Sunday, or in one of the O2 car parks for £14
  • Off_it said:
    If I had a ticket I would be planning a beer near Marylebone and then hop on the train to Wembley Stadium. Takes 9 mins.
    Is that an actual station? Wembley Stadium? I think someone had mentioned that before, but wasn't sure if I dreamt it
    It’s a good way to get home after the game.
  • edited May 2019
    Off_it said:
    Went that way in 98....was pretty packed but a good option, nice pub near to the station it's called The Sir John Balcombe on Balcombe St....there is a fairly large bar on the station it's self...though bound to be rammo...trains are every 1/2 hr I think.
  • Nug said:
    Off_it said:
    It’s a good way to get home after the game.
    Zone 4....2.80 one way from Marylebone on the Chiltern Line.