Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travelling to Wembley on Sunday

Comments

• Options
    Going to the 7s at Twickenham on Saturday, semi tempted to get a hotel near(ish) Wembley for the Saturday night - this bank holiday weekend if going to destroy my bank balance!
    Exactly my weekend mate
  • Options
    Having looked into travel... Will probably go from Strood to London Bridge in the morning, jump on the Jubilee Line and head straight to Wembley Park (Arriving around 11:30)

Grab some lunch in that London Designed Outlet place where there are a couple of places (depending on how busy it is if others have the same idea of arriving so early) - Once done will walk up to the Green Man most like for a few beverages before returning to Wembley about 2:30

Want to make sure Im ready to go and in my seat well before the players come out of the tunnel
  • Options
    About 15 minutes from King's Cross St Pancras to Finchley Road
  • Options
    Cheers Crusty!
  • Options
    White Swan talking about laying on a coach from the pub. Opens at 10am!

https://www.facebook.com/486277714874190/posts/1225591894276098?s=534960298&sfns=mo 
  • Options
    Having looked into travel... Will probably go from Strood to London Bridge in the morning, jump on the Jubilee Line and head straight to Wembley Park (Arriving around 11:30)

Grab some lunch in that London Designed Outlet place where there are a couple of places (depending on how busy it is if others have the same idea of arriving so early) - Once done will walk up to the Green Man most like for a few beverages before returning to Wembley about 2:30

Want to make sure Im ready to go and in my seat well before the players come out of the tunnel
    Don’t buy anything that is in a bag bigger than A4. Not allowed in ground!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Don’t buy anything that is in a bag bigger than A4. Not allowed in ground!
    Nah have no plans to take anything in a bag

Been to Wembley before so know how strict they can be on anything
  • Options
    Hoping and praying that Valley Express does what it says on the tin.
  • Options
    Train from York at 08:56 into Kings Cross just after 11 then trying to find my cohorts in Finchley Road. Can anyone tell me how long that usually takes? The tube bit that is.
    Should take about 15 minutes on the tube.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Train from York at 08:56 into Kings Cross just after 11 then trying to find my cohorts in Finchley Road. Can anyone tell me how long that usually takes? The tube bit that is.
    30 minutes maximum.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Driving from Lewisham to Hornchurch about 9am. Tube from there to Wembley. Tube back to Hornchurch after the game, then drive to a hotel somewhere in the sticks near Brentwood.

Why oh why do people not check the date of the League 1 play-off final before arranging their weddings?! Ridiculous.
    Why arrange a wedding I say.
  • Options
    PompFan said:
    Is anyone taking Millwall mates ?
    Got a couple of saints pals with me
  • Options
    PompFan said:
    Are pets allowed in Wembley?
    Yeah, I have @clb74 tagging along.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I have booked a parking spot 10 minutes away using park on my drive. The advantage is, generally you miss the match traffic!
  • Options
    Spending the weekend in Hemel Hempstead .. easy train/tube trip into Wembley Central, then shank's pony to the stadium
  • Options
    Looks like 15 mins.

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?InputFrom=King%27s+Cross+%26+St+Pancras+International&FromId=1000129&InputTo=Finchley+Road+Underground+Station&ToId=1000082&Date=20190526&Time=1100&Mode=tube
  • Options
    PompFan said:
    They're still waiting for you at London Bridge.

Since 1985
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heading down from Derby nice and early, little snooze on the train, fee beers in town then Wembley
  • Options
    Random question, but anyone know if the coaches have a toilet on board?  Know the normal coaches don't but sure I read they'll be double deckers?

• Options
    cafc83 said:
    Heading down from Derby nice and early, little snooze on the train, fee beers in town then Wembley
    Most beers attract a fee
  • Options
    Looking to go by train from Wadhurst to Charing Cross around 10am then book a table for brunch close by as there will be our family of 11.
    Then Bakerloo line to Baker St , change to Met line for Wembley Park. 
    Would look to arrive there bet 1 to1.30
  • Options
    PompFan said:
    Are pets allowed in Wembley?
    Watching with interest! 
  • Options
    Random question, but anyone know if the coaches have a toilet on board?  Know the normal coaches don't but sure I read they'll be double deckers?

Man after my own heart, all our pre match supping plans are making me nervous on that front
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Man after my own heart, all our pre match supping plans are making me nervous on that front
    Absolutely, don't fancy ages getting out of Wembley and then hour and a half afterwards after a few beers!!

Seems the easiest/cheapest journey but I'd pay extra to be able to take a piss!
  • Options
    Looking to go by train from Wadhurst to Charing Cross around 10am then book a table for brunch close by as there will be our family of 11.
    That,s if Thomas Cook doesn,t go bust before then and strand us here in Tenerife....
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    That,s if Thomas Cook doesn,t go bust before then and strand us here in Tenerife....

Let me know if that’s the case on Friday and I’ll get my dinghy out to stage a mercy mission.
  • Options

Let me know if that’s the case on Friday and I’ll get my dinghy out to stage a mercy mission.
    My hero !, x