Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travelling to Wembley on Sunday

Comments

• Options
    I'm driving our four down now from oop north and have booked the red car park for £30. Wanted to do the train but for the four of us it was £90 each just to get to Euston.
  • Options
    Appreciate the advice about heading into Wembley Park tube from the north on the Met line, gonna likely park at Hillingdon. Same wait to get into the station after but hopefully less crowds going north.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Appreciate the advice about heading into Wembley Park tube from the north on the Met line, gonna likely park at Hillingdon. Same wait to get into the station after but hopefully less crowds going north.
    There's usually street parking near Stanmore too
  • Options
    Going to the 7s at Twickenham on Saturday, semi tempted to get a hotel near(ish) Wembley for the Saturday night - this bank holiday weekend if going to destroy my bank balance!
    Same here taking my lad and his 3 mates to the 7's, just me and him at Wembley, gonna be a busy weekend.
  • Options
    Ha, brilliant, will keep an eye out. Don't get too drunk though you might end up at Wembley in that.
  • Options
    Driving from home in Newent Gloucestershire to park at a friend's 2 mins walk from Amersham Tube, 40 min tube journey on metropolitan line to Wembley stadium 🏟 
    There 9 of us catching the 9:37 from Gloucester to Paddington. Your more than welcome to join us. 
  • Options
    I’m in Whitby for bank holiday but cutting it short picking up my 2 kids from Sheffield then driving to Harrow on the hill to park and get tube in.i think 
  • Options
    Thanks will look at that too
  • Options
    Is there anywhere decent for food near the stadium or is it all overpriced parp?
    If you want to eat inside the stadium and are gluten-free then take your own as Wembley specifically state they do not offer GF meals, which for a national stadium catering for 90k people is disgraceful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently there's a box park for Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    There's usually street parking near Stanmore too
    'I'd check that out first. Parking is well controlled around Stanmore on match days on the local roads. 

Much safer to stick to Met Line stations on the Uxbridge branch of the Met Line past Wembley Park.
  • Options
    What are peoples experiences of getting away after a big event at Wembley?
    How long to get on a tube? 
    Is one station better than another for getting away reasonably quickly?
    All depends how far you're prepared to walk after the game.
    I'm too impatient to get in the queue at Wembley Park so tend to walk to North Wembley (Bakerloo) now or Preston Road (Metropolitan). Can both be done in about 25 minutes but that's at a decent rate of knots.

If you're out quickly enough, Wembley Stadium station to Marylebone is probably the best option, or Wembley Central for the Bakerloo tube or mainline. 
  • Options
    The thing about the play off final, is that half the stadium goes pretty quickly after the game, and the winning team will still be there for 20 minutes or so, so its different from England games where it takes ages, as everyone leaves at the same time. 
  • Options
    Actually just looked at Stanmore station 20 minutes less drive from Sheffield and NCP carpark with 450 car park spaces says you can pre book for play offs 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    The thing about the play off final, is that half the stadium goes pretty quickly after the game, and the winning team will still be there for 20 minutes or so, so its different from England games where it takes ages, as everyone leaves at the same time. 
    Not everyone will be heading straight into town either, especially with an afternoon game.
  • Options
    For those talking about trains from afar if you travel with someone else a couple of times a year you really should get the two together railcard.
    Probably no good now for this weekend but you've only got to do a £90 fare each and that becomes £60
    Cost of card £30

• Options
    Driving from Lewisham to Hornchurch about 9am. Tube from there to Wembley. Tube back to Hornchurch after the game, then drive to a hotel somewhere in the sticks near Brentwood.

Why oh why do people not check the date of the League 1 play-off final before arranging their weddings?! Ridiculous.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Driving from Lewisham to Hornchurch about 9am. Tube from there to Wembley. Tube back to Hornchurch after the game, then drive to a hotel somewhere in the sticks near Brentwood.

Why oh why do people not check the date of the League 1 play-off final before arranging their weddings?! Ridiculous.
    I booked a two week fecking holiday last year, wasnt overly distressed about the Shrewsbury result tbh.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

People who do things like that live in a parallel universe..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Your not chancing south eastern then 
  • Options
    Driving from home in Newent Gloucestershire to park at a friend's 2 mins walk from Amersham Tube, 40 min tube journey on metropolitan line to Wembley stadium 🏟 
    There 9 of us catching the 9:37 from Gloucester to Paddington. Your more than welcome to join us. 
    Ahh thanks chap did look at the trains, i was looking at driving to Swindon and going from there (far more trains) but now doing plan C and parking at a friends.

Would be great to meet up with you lot for a beer or 3 in the Feathers or similar in Ledbury or my local Cobblers in Newent (it's ace!!)
  • Options
    The Charlton area is near Wembley Stadium station (and Wembley Central).
  • Options
    I have booked one of the over priced car parking spaces at Wembley, worth the cost for the peace of mind and I don't fancy risking the long train journey.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow that I manage to get tickets for the actual game. 
    Mate has paid 65 quid for parking his Sunderland we will be on the tube.
  • Options
    Best and quickest way to Wembley on Sunday. Marylebone ststion to Wembley stadium ststion, nine minutes and some decent pubs in local area. 
  • Options
    I have booked one of the over priced car parking spaces at Wembley, worth the cost for the peace of mind and I don't fancy risking the long train journey.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow that I manage to get tickets for the actual game. 
    Mate has paid 65 quid for parking his Sunderland we will be on the tube.
    Parking his Sunderland ?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Nug said:
    Going to the 7s at Twickenham on Saturday, semi tempted to get a hotel near(ish) Wembley for the Saturday night - this bank holiday weekend if going to destroy my bank balance!
    Same here taking my lad and his 3 mates to the 7's, just me and him at Wembley, gonna be a busy weekend.

If you see an idiot wander past in this number you’ll know it’s me! 😂
    You look like a slimmer version of our Angry Bird mascot....
  • Options
    I'm driving our four down now from oop north and have booked the red car park for £30. Wanted to do the train but for the four of us it was £90 each just to get to Euston.
    Blimey that’s keen - even with heavy traffic you will be 6 days early 
  • Options
    Train from York at 08:56 into Kings Cross just after 11 then trying to find my cohorts in Finchley Road. Can anyone tell me how long that usually takes? The tube bit that is.