Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travelling to Wembley on Sunday

Comments

• Options
    Spending the weekend in Hemel Hempstead .. easy train/tube trip into Wembley Central, then shank's pony to the stadium
    You know how to live! 
  • Options
    PompFan said:
    Is anyone taking Millwall mates ?
    Yes, I've told them to carry to the turnstiles a massive rucksack full of alcohol, flares and joints, and to wear T shirts promoting rival mobile phone operators to EE
  • Options
    We will drive from Harlow to Stanmore. We have pre-booked our parking at Stanmore Station at £15 for the whole day. Four tube stops to Wembley Park so hopefully not too painful.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    MrLargo said:
    Driving from Lewisham to Hornchurch about 9am. Tube from there to Wembley. Tube back to Hornchurch after the game, then drive to a hotel somewhere in the sticks near Brentwood.

Why oh why do people not check the date of the League 1 play-off final before arranging their weddings?! Ridiculous.
    I hope you communicate better with her once you are married  :)
    Hold on @MrLargo I thought you hated her braids and incessant chitter chatter??
  • Options
    Southeastern have engineering works on the Woolwich line on Sunday. Also affects the Lewisham trains. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Getting the 8:00AM train up from the coast. Will be in London for 9ish to have breakfast in central before getting Wembley at 11ish.
  • Options
    Train all the way from here (with two changes).
  • Options
    I have booked one of the over priced car parking spaces at Wembley, worth the cost for the peace of mind and I don't fancy risking the long train journey.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow that I manage to get tickets for the actual game. 
    Mate has paid 65 quid for parking his Sunderland we will be on the tube.
    Parking his Sunderland ?
    LOL....he is a Sunderland fan, as is his son....nice fella we watched the opening game of the season in his pub and has been saying for some time he doesn't want Charlton in the PO final.
  • Options
    trundler said:
    Best and quickest way to Wembley on Sunday. Marylebone ststion to Wembley stadium ststion, nine minutes and some decent pubs in local area. 
    Will most likely come back this way....but trains are only every half hour.
  • Options
    Having looked into travel... Will probably go from Strood to London Bridge in the morning, jump on the Jubilee Line and head straight to Wembley Park (Arriving around 11:30)

Grab some lunch in that London Designed Outlet place where there are a couple of places (depending on how busy it is if others have the same idea of arriving so early) - Once done will walk up to the Green Man most like for a few beverages before returning to Wembley about 2:30

Want to make sure Im ready to go and in my seat well before the players come out of the tunnel
    Thinking on the same lines...might bring sandwiches as food places will be a tad busy I guess.....also considering tube....Northern line to Moorgate and then Met to Wembley Park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Toss up between Met and Jubilee....what do people think?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    We have a customer - Gourmet Burger in Wembley and my brother thinks we should grab a bite to eat there. But in 98 we had a KFC and there is a voice in me saying we should have that again for good luck!
  • Options
    Met line will be quicker - only 2 stops from Baker St
  • Options
    Picking up son from Sydenham, london overground to canada water, jubilee to Finchley road, met to wembley park as met line far quicker and Finchley is easy interchange
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    For those going by tube to Wembley Park, just doing a bit of research on TFL Journey Planner. 

If you get on the Jubilee Line at North Greenwich with a change on to the Met it will take 34 minutes.  But if you stay on the Jubilee line it will take 38 mins.  So saving 4 minutes but not having the hassle of changing.  

If you get on the Jubilee line at London Bridge to Wembley Park it will take 29 minutes.  Getting on at London Bridge and changing on to the Met line it will take 26 minutes.

Again is it worth the hassle of changing? 

That is my bit of research done.  Breakfast at north Greenwich and Jubilee Line all the way. 

• Options
    Picking up son from Sydenham, london overground to canada water, jubilee to Finchley road, met to wembley park as met line far quicker and Finchley is easy interchange
    Is it just a get off and cross to the next platform rather than going up and down ?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    For those going by tube to Wembley Park, just doing a bit of research on TFL Journey Planner. 

If you get on the Jubilee Line at North Greenwich with a change on to the Met it will take 34 minutes.  But if you stay on the Jubilee line it will take 38 mins.  So saving 4 minutes but having the hassle of changing.  

If you get on the Jubilee line at London Bridge to Wembley Park it will take 29 minutes.  Getting on at London Bridge and changing on to the Met line it will take 26 minutes.

That is my bit of research done.  Breakfast at north Greenwich and Jubilee Line all the way. 

If you change at Finchley Road, the Met is on the other side of the platform so you can decide when the train arrives if it’s worth changing as you can see the indicator 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Is it just a get off and cross to the next platform rather than going up and down ?
    Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Metropolitan line from either Aldgate or Farringdon.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Curb_It said:

If you get on the Jubilee Line at North Greenwich with a change on to the Met it will take 34 minutes.  But if you stay on the Jubilee line it will take 38 mins.  So saving 4 minutes but having the hassle of changing.  

If you change at Finchley Road, the Met is on the other side of the platform so you can decide when the train arrives if it’s worth changing as you can see the indicator 
    Worth also checking how rammed the Met train is too, might not be worth leaving a seat to have to cram into a rammed train just to save 4 minutes
  • Options
    MrB said:
    Met line will be quicker - only 2 stops from Baker St

That will do for me.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    CatAddick said:
    Curb_It said:

Worth also checking how rammed the Met train is too, might not be worth leaving a seat to have to cram into a rammed train just to save 4 minutes
    This is my view too.  Getting on at NG you are almost guaranteed a seat, I'm a lazy bitch, Ill stay sat and suffer the extra 4 mins.

Good bit of research there.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    CatAddick said:
    Curb_It said:

This is my view too.  Getting on at NG you are almost guaranteed a seat, I'm a lazy bitch, Ill stay sat and suffer the extra 4 mins.

Less Makems on the Jubilee I'd guess...not that there a bad bunch.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    CatAddick said:
    Curb_It said:

Less Makems on the Jubilee I'd guess...not that there a bad bunch.
    The issue is more that if the Met trains are rammed with Mackems, there won't be any room for anyone else to get on at Finchley Road!
  • Options
    Get on a Jubilee Line train south of the Thames and you'll be fine all the way, Finchley Road will be chaos and it's not worth the 4 minutes. 

There's at least 24 Jubilee line trains an hour to Wembley on Sunday from North Greenwich, so plenty of trains. 
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Is there anywhere decent for food near the stadium or is it all overpriced parp?
    If you want to eat inside the stadium and are gluten-free then take your own as Wembley specifically state they do not offer GF meals, which for a national stadium catering for 90k people is disgraceful.
    Unless you're celiac its a meaningless lifestyle choice based on quack misinformation.  Try eating proper artisan sourdough bread if your stomach, like mine, can't digest streamed unprocessed dough.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Train from York at 08:56 into Kings Cross just after 11 then trying to find my cohorts in Finchley Road. Can anyone tell me how long that usually takes? The tube bit that is.
    According to TFL Journey planner !2mins @AddickUpNorthhttps://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?InputFrom=Finchley+Road+Underground+Station&FromId=1000082&InputTo=King's+Cross+&+St+Pancras+International&ToId=1000129&Date=20190526&Time=1100