Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travelling to Wembley on Sunday

Comments

• Jubilee Line was completely buggered this morning. Let's hope they fix it up nice and proper!
  • Hex said:
    Hex said:
    Is there anywhere decent for food near the stadium or is it all overpriced parp?
    If you want to eat inside the stadium and are gluten-free then take your own as Wembley specifically state they do not offer GF meals, which for a national stadium catering for 90k people is disgraceful.
    Unless you're celiac its a meaningless lifestyle choice based on quack misinformation.  Try eating proper artisan sourdough bread if your stomach, like mine, can't digest streamed unprocessed dough.
    You are wrong, very wrong.  My wife and daughter are both gluten intolerant and suffer similar effects as a coeliac if they eat anything that has gluten.   Sometimes they can get away with very small amounts but it’s risky.  Hence planning our journey to hopefully get food somewhere that offers a GF option (my wife will carry some GF food in her A4 bag just in case).
    Given the scientists can't even prove the link you can't prove it's gluten that's causing a reaction, nor can quack allergy tests.  Only proper sourdough fermentation breaks down the enzymes in wheat that allow it to be digested.  It's modern production of bread in 30 minutes without any fermentation of the wheat starch taking place that is causing irritation of our gut .  My symptoms of bloating, indigestion and discomfort disappeared as soon as  I moved to only 24 hr fermented sourdough. I only recently saw the research below that backs up the opinion Ive formed based on my own experience and reading up on the science of wheat fermentation and the celiac condition.  My granddaughter was diagnosed as celiac when she was three by a quack allergy expert but her symptoms have entirely disappeared by only eating the sourdough bread we now make as a family.  Also read up on the latest theory that fermented food is an essential aid to our immune system - celiac is a deficiency in the immune system, so it all adds up as far as I am concerned.  The anti gluten/anti wheat crusade is a social media phenomena that the food producers are just cashing in on replacing gluten with fat sugar and gelling agents and doubling the price and profit margins.  

https://www.beyondceliac.org/celiac-disease/non-celiac-gluten-sensitivity/

"The science on gluten sensitivity is evolving and we're learning new information on the condition regularly. New research suggests that gluten alone may not be responsible for the symptoms produced by the condition currently called gluten sensitivity. Instead, it is showing that perhaps FODMAPs, a group of poorly digested carbohydrates, may be the cause of the symptoms instead. "

• Nug said:
    Sorry if this has been covered, but if you want to avoid Wembley Park tube and use the train instead, is Wembley Stadium station not a good option? (Bearing in mind how terrible it is to get away from Wembley using Wembley Park)
    Wembley Stadium Station is a good option for where we are located in the stadium, just a couple of minutes walk, however you will miss the atmosphere of coming out of Wembley Park and walking down Wembley way before the game which I always love. For the NFL games I arrived at Wembley Park but left from Wembley Stadium as it’s generally a quicker getaway.
    Thank you.
  • Have to meet up to hand over tickets to mates, can you get to the fan zone/ street food etc without showing tickets? Or do we need to meet further away ? 
  • bbob said:
    Have to meet up to hand over tickets to mates, can you get to the fan zone/ street food etc without showing tickets? Or do we need to meet further away ? 
    I’m sure you only show your ticket at the main gate to your section. The fan zone is by the shops and I believe there is a TGI’s right there.
  • We'll be walking to Woolwich.
    DLR to Canning Town then Jubilee Line to Wembley.
  • Would fans please use the met line so that I can have the jubilee line for myself. Thank you. 
  • Solidgone said:
    Would fans please use the met line so that I can have the jubilee line for myself. Thank you. 
    Surely the Jubilee is the designated Charlton line
  • Sponsored links:

• Meeting my brother at the Eleanor of Castille cross.
    He starts with a journey on the 176 bus.
  • edited May 2019
    bbob said:
    Solidgone said:
    Would fans please use the met line so that I can have the jubilee line for myself. Thank you. 

ALL train lines, are designated Charlton lines.
  • Anyone know the frequency of the 472 and 486 on a Sunday? Cheers
  • Fumbluff said:
    Anyone know the frequency of the 472 and 486 on a Sunday? Cheers

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/timetable/472/

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/timetable/486/
  • Fumbluff said:
    Anyone know the frequency of the 472 and 486 on a Sunday? Cheers
    472 between 10am & 1.00am every 9-10 minutes
    486 every 15 minutes
  • 180 bus to Woolwich Arsenal
    DLR to Canning Town
    Jubilee line to Wembley Park
    CAFC to Heaven!
  • edited May 2019
    I'm leaving my home in Leicestershire around 6 am tomorrow, travelling to my sister's place in Mottingham. Getting a lift to the station via my brother in law, train to London Bridge, where I'm meeting @DaveStorry and @TCE. Then onto Wembley via a boozer or two. I can't wait but just watching the 2nd Div play off final this afternoon has made me ultra nervous!! For a 64 year old geezer, I feel like a bloody silly teenager. Just hope my ticker holds out!!!
  • bbob said:
    Solidgone said:

ALL train lines, are designated Charlton lines.
    Correct. This is the designated Sunderland transport

• I always drive to Queensbury. Free parking.  60 minutes drive from Dartford. 3 stops on the tube.
  • Chatham high speed to London st Pancras a few beers on the station and then metro line to Wembley Park - just a normal day ( except the beers ) 

• Sponsored links:

• jdsd42 said:
    Chatham high speed to London st Pancras a few beers on the station and then metro line to Wembley Park - just a normal day ( except the beers ) 

What time will you be using that Service?

Change of plans (to get to Wembley Park earlier) will see me getting the 9:30 from Strood
  • edited May 2019
    30 minute bus ride from Ealing. Probably my easiest ever ground travel since lived in Charlton Church Lane years back.
  • jdsd42 said:
    Chatham high speed to London st Pancras a few beers on the station and then metro line to Wembley Park - just a normal day ( except the beers ) 

Check. Got someone coming up from that way and he's told me that the high speed has works tomorrow.
  • edited May 2019
    jdsd42 said:

Check. Got someone coming up from that way and he's told me that the high speed has works tomorrow.
    FFS!!... Cheers for the heads up!!... Just checked the SouthEastern website!!

Buses replace trains between Ebbsfleet International / Gravesend and Rochester / Maidstone West via Strood

They've literary sprung that on as there was nothing announced about that last week
  • Yet you then go on their Twitter account and they've nothing with regards to those buses, nor do the trainline sugges that there is works down that way!!

• jdsd42 said:

Buses replace trains between Ebbsfleet International / Gravesend and Rochester / Maidstone West via Strood

They've literary sprung that on as there was nothing announced about that last week
    Where have you seen this? Just checked website and cannot see anything. Planning on getting HS1 up from medway.
  • jdsd42 said:

Where have you seen this? Just checked website and cannot see anything. Planning on getting HS1 up from medway.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=636944117989870000#INC9630FD05BB3142CFA340912AD7A9F24F

I've messaged them on Twitter to seek confirmation and they've advised that High Speed trains will be running from Strood to St. Pancras

I replied asking why the link mentioned buses between the relevant Stations and they've just apologised for the error advising that the link will be updated as trains will be running
  • Where are the coaches likely to park? Right outside Wembley?
  • jdsd42 said:

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=636944117989870000#INC9630FD05BB3142CFA340912AD7A9F24F

I've messaged them on Twitter to seek confirmation and they've advised that High Speed trains will be running from Strood to St. Pancras

I replied asking why the link mentioned buses between the relevant Stations and they've just apologised for the error advising that the link will be updated as trains will be running
    Thanks for that!
    Will be on 9.16 from rainham and see how it goes.

• jdsd42 said:

Thanks for that!
    Will be on 9.16 from rainham and see how it goes.

Yeah thats the same train as me (yet from Strood) so equally hoping it shows up