Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travelling to Wembley on Sunday

Comments

• Options
    At a cousins wedding in Bordeaux from Friday, actual wedding is on the Saturday...cab should pick my little brother and @Yanntheman up 4:30am Sunday morning....flight back to Gatwick lands at 07:30am...back to Eltham...meet about 25 of my mates at Waterloo around 10:30ish and make our way to the Green Man maybe with a stop off in the a pub on the way...hope it all goes smoothly, don't let me down easy jet!

Wish us luck. 
    Good luck with that...you will be knackered by KO.
  • Options
    Traveling down from stoke,  going to be cutting it a bit fine only train i could doesn't arrive in wembley central until 2 ,hope there is no delays
  • Options
    Love this thread, everything from people flying in long-haul to whether or not it's worth changing at Finchley Road (it's not). Anyway, contemplating a 65 bus to Ealing followed by a 483. The glamour.
  • Options
    Love this thread, everything from people flying in long-haul to whether or not it's worth changing at Finchley Road (it's not). Anyway, contemplating a 65 bus to Ealing followed by a 483. The glamour.
    Probably the 83 bus for me!
  • Options
    At a cousins wedding in Bordeaux from Friday, actual wedding is on the Saturday...cab should pick my little brother and @Yanntheman up 4:30am Sunday morning....flight back to Gatwick lands at 07:30am...back to Eltham...meet about 25 of my mates at Waterloo around 10:30ish and make our way to the Green Man maybe with a stop off in the a pub on the way...hope it all goes smoothly, don't let me down easy jet!

Wish us luck. 
    Just sitting on a flight to Bordeaux for a city break. Back Sat. Wear an Addicks shirt and I'll look out for you!!
    Can you pick me up a couple of bottles of left bank St Emilion please? 2015 0or 2016 should do nicely.
  • Options
    Travelling all the way down from Lewisham, stopping off at London Bridge for a few ales along the way.
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me how to walk to Bromley South? Is it right foot then left or left then right? :cold_sweat:
    Left foot first.
  • Options
    How far is the walk CE from your place to the station? 
  • Options
    I can only do very short distance at the moment without crutches so for me it is a cab to North Greenwich with my crutches and then Jubilee line with some friends all the way !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    200 metres. Please help, it's been 21 years since I had to find Charlton at Wembley :smile:
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    200 metres. Please help, it's been 21 years since I had to find Charlton at Wembley :smile:
    Have you tried Uber?

You living in the same gaff from 21 years ago?
  • Options
    483'll take bloody ages though, particularly if the North Circular is snarled up. If you're going to Ealing Broadway on the 65 anyway, it might be quicker to get the Central Line up to South Ruislip, and change onto the Chiltern service to Wembley there. Although I suppose it's a question of how often the trains run and how packed they'll be by that point. 
  • Options
    CE you be careful mate. 
  • Options
    Just booked  the  9.20 train from grantham, it's gonna be full of mackems..hey ho. Should be a laugh, I know I won't get any shite from them.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    We're thinking of parking at North Greenwich and taking the Jubilee line to Wembley Park, but with a break at Baker Street to meet others.  The TFL website gave a fare of £2.80 from North Greenwich to Wembley Park, which seems very cheap, however a travel card seems to cost £10.10 off peak. Not being used to travel in London these days, does a stop at Baker Street mean that we'd have to buy new tickets from Baker Street to Wembley Park after we have stopped? A travel card seems to be the easier option.

Also I tried to book the NCP car park at North Greenwich, but it advised that I couldn't pre-book there. Are we likely to find problems with parking near North Greenwich if we can't pre-book.  We actually live in Bearsted, Maidstone, but it seemed easier, quicker and cheaper to drive to North Greenwich rather than travel by train from Bearsted.
    Have you got an Oyster Card or Contactless Bank Card?

The £2.80 cost is if you use one of them, if your just changing trains @ Baker Street then you'll only have to pay the once - i.e. You'll tap in at the barriers @ North Greenwich and then tap out at the barriers @ Wembley Park (that'll cost you £2.80) same again when you travel home - If of course you want to come out of the station @ Baker Street thats when you'll have to pay for multiple trips

Certainly more worth it than getting a Travelcard unless of course you plan to do a lot of travelling all over London that day / evening
    These days it's never worth buying a travelcard, as the daily cost of using Oyster or a contactless card is capped at the cost of the travelcard anyway

Just make sure you use the same card to tap in and out all day, and don't a wave a wallet/purse at the reader as that way the wrong card might get charged instead!
    That is very useful to know. We are coming from Swanley.....does the same apply from there because for the past zillion years I've just bought a one day travel card (around £11) when coming into London. Cant remember seeing one of those yellow tappy things though. 
    If you are catching a train into London it's usually still worth buying a combined train / travelcard ticket because  part of your train trip gets covered by the card. You can't tap in on "BR" trains outside London.
    Swanley is the final stop on the Oyster network so yes he can....
    Sorry if I seem a little dim......but how do you prove you've paid if you just go contact less? Many times I've had to produce my ticket on the train up from Swanley to a ticket inspector ?  
  • Options
    Finally got round to sorting out my train tickets today, got a seat down to London but none left to reserve on the 20:00, 21:00 or 22:00 return journey to York so I’ll be heading home with a train full of Sunderland’s finest. Survived it in ‘98, will do so again.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    We're thinking of parking at North Greenwich and taking the Jubilee line to Wembley Park, but with a break at Baker Street to meet others.  The TFL website gave a fare of £2.80 from North Greenwich to Wembley Park, which seems very cheap, however a travel card seems to cost £10.10 off peak. Not being used to travel in London these days, does a stop at Baker Street mean that we'd have to buy new tickets from Baker Street to Wembley Park after we have stopped? A travel card seems to be the easier option.

Also I tried to book the NCP car park at North Greenwich, but it advised that I couldn't pre-book there. Are we likely to find problems with parking near North Greenwich if we can't pre-book.  We actually live in Bearsted, Maidstone, but it seemed easier, quicker and cheaper to drive to North Greenwich rather than travel by train from Bearsted.

The £2.80 cost is if you use one of them, if your just changing trains @ Baker Street then you'll only have to pay the once - i.e. You'll tap in at the barriers @ North Greenwich and then tap out at the barriers @ Wembley Park (that'll cost you £2.80) same again when you travel home - If of course you want to come out of the station @ Baker Street thats when you'll have to pay for multiple trips

Certainly more worth it than getting a Travelcard unless of course you plan to do a lot of travelling all over London that day / evening
    These days it's never worth buying a travelcard, as the daily cost of using Oyster or a contactless card is capped at the cost of the travelcard anyway

Just make sure you use the same card to tap in and out all day, and don't a wave a wallet/purse at the reader as that way the wrong card might get charged instead!
    That is very useful to know. We are coming from Swanley.....does the same apply from there because for the past zillion years I've just bought a one day travel card (around £11) when coming into London. Cant remember seeing one of those yellow tappy things though. 
    If you are catching a train into London it's usually still worth buying a combined train / travelcard ticket because  part of your train trip gets covered by the card. You can't tap in on "BR" trains outside London.
    Sorry if I seem a little dim......but how do you prove you've paid if you just go contact less? Many times I've had to produce my ticket on the train up from Swanley to a ticket inspector ?  
    The inspectors have portable oyster/contactless readers which can tell if you've touched in or not
  • Options
    Uber XL, Sunbury to Green Man at 10.00
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

The inspectors have portable oyster/contactless readers which can tell if you've touched in or not
    Ok thanks. I can rest a little bit more assured now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Traveling down from stoke,  going to be cutting it a bit fine only train i could doesn't arrive in wembley central until 2 ,hope there is no delays
    You should travel down on the Saturday.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Fumbluff said:

Touch in at EVERY barrier, and touch out at EVERY barrier.

Computer records create the travelling history.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Anyone setting off early on Sunday morning from either Maidstone East or West?
    Fair few of my mates and my Dad will about 8am. I fly in from Barca at 8.30 so will meet them up there.
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been covered, but if you want to avoid Wembley Park tube and use the train instead, is Wembley Stadium station not a good option? (Bearing in mind how terrible it is to get away from Wembley using Wembley Park)
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

We will be travelling from Swanley and if there was only 2 of us we’d use contactless.  However on Sunday we are a group of 7 including an 8 year old.  I think it’s cheaper to get travel cards as we qualify for the 1/3 off discount (groups of 3 to 9) and a child fare is £1.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Is there anywhere decent for food near the stadium or is it all overpriced parp?
    If you want to eat inside the stadium and are gluten-free then take your own as Wembley specifically state they do not offer GF meals, which for a national stadium catering for 90k people is disgraceful.
    Unless you're celiac its a meaningless lifestyle choice based on quack misinformation.  Try eating proper artisan sourdough bread if your stomach, like mine, can't digest streamed unprocessed dough.
    You are wrong, very wrong.  My wife and daughter are both gluten intolerant and suffer similar effects as a coeliac if they eat anything that has gluten.   Sometimes they can get away with very small amounts but it’s risky.  Hence planning our journey to hopefully get food somewhere that offers a GF option (my wife will carry some GF food in her A4 bag just in case).
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been covered, but if you want to avoid Wembley Park tube and use the train instead, is Wembley Stadium station not a good option? (Bearing in mind how terrible it is to get away from Wembley using Wembley Park)
    Wembley Stadium Station is a good option for where we are located in the stadium, just a couple of minutes walk, however you will miss the atmosphere of coming out of Wembley Park and walking down Wembley way before the game which I always love. For the NFL games I arrived at Wembley Park but left from Wembley Stadium as it’s generally a quicker getaway.
  • Options
    Children u-11 travel for free on the tube 
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Fumbluff said:

We will be travelling from Swanley and if there was only 2 of us we’d use contactless.  However on Sunday we are a group of 7 including an 8 year old.  I think it’s cheaper to get travel cards as we qualify for the 1/3 off discount (groups of 3 to 9) and a child fare is £1.
    Agreed.