Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travelling to Wembley on Sunday

Comments

• Options
    A1, M18, M1 parking already booked close to the ground :sunglasses:
  • Options
    Green Man near the ground seems a good option.

Tube from North Greenwich to Wembley park, then a short walk to the stadium from the pub a few hours later.
  • Options
    9am borough market 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I was at Wembley yesterday for The FA Cup final, got out quite easily and from the time I got to Wembley Park station back home was a total of just over 1 hour, no more than than 1 hour 15 minutes, which included getting off at London Bridge and getting a train back.

Not bad at all.
    Are you saying 15 mins from ground to Wembley Park ...
    thats a miracle or did you leave at ht
    Nope, it was very well controlled yesterday and you have to think that a lot of Watford fans had left as they did not want to see Man City lifting the trophy. We came straight out and down the stairs, slow moving to Wembley Park but on a tube to London Bridge within 2 minutes. All in all, it was a very smooth and easy way home yesterday. & yes, I have been to Wembley a few times before, watched England and went to concert. Just yesterday was a very good run going home. 
  • Options
    Just around the corner from Marylebone Station.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balcombe_Street_siege
  • Options
    Flying Faro to Gatwick Saturday night. Market Porter with my boys Saturday and jubilee line to Wembley.
  • Options
    Cheapest train ticket for me is £108.  Probably less than masicat's flight from Faro.

Not happening.
  • Options
    Making a weekend of it. Saturday night for a show & hotel, tube across to do the Wembley Way Walk, then staying up town again to skip the hassle of transport.

cant wait
  • Options
    I'm driving from Bexleyheath & have booked a disabled space at the stadium for £15 as sadly I am not very ambulant. The AA  route planner tells me it will take just over an hour. I am planning to leave at 12 o'clock as the North circular can get a bit busy.
    If you're not leaving until 12, you maybe cutting it fine. I live out Wembley way and the traffic on a match day can be awful. (The traffic on an ordinary day is awful!)

A good tip for anyone who wants to drive part way in is park at the met line stations past Wembley towards Uxbridge. Harrow on the hill has a large shopper's car park just over the road from the station. There are cheap station car parks at Rayners Lane, Eastcote and Hillingdon. Easy to get to Wembley from those places by the met line. 
  • Options
    If we get tickets tomorrow.

Train from Southampton to Waterloo then decide where to stop for a drink before continuing to Wemberlee.

Please let it happen  :|  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    If I had a ticket I would be planning a beer near Marylebone and then hop on the train to Wembley Stadium. Takes 9 mins.
    Is that an actual station? Wembley Stadium? I think someone had mentioned that before, but wasn't sure if I dreamt it

• Options
    Off_it said:
    If I had a ticket I would be planning a beer near Marylebone and then hop on the train to Wembley Stadium. Takes 9 mins.
    Went that way in 98....was pretty packed but a good option, nice pub near to the station it's called The Sir John Balcombe on Balcombe St....there is a fairly large bar on the station it's self...though bound to be rammo...trains are every 1/2 hr I think.
    Went in this one before the game in '98.

3 minutes from Marylebone station, bound to be packed.

• Options
    If you are driving up from the South or West you could do a lot worse than parking at Harrow on the Hill. Easy to get to from the M25 with lots of parking and only 3 stops on the tube to Wembley Park . My partner and I were at the Wembley Arena a few weeks ago and it was a relatively easy run.
  • Options
    Train from Basingstoke to Waterloo.  Probably drink there or Southwark then Jubilee
  • Options
    I'm driving from Bexleyheath & have booked a disabled space at the stadium for £15 as sadly I am not very ambulant. The AA  route planner tells me it will take just over an hour. I am planning to leave at 12 o'clock as the North circular can get a bit busy.
    Just my guess, but I would suggest you would be hard pushed to make it in an hour on a normal Sunday.
    So you may get near Wembley by 1pm, but does your route planner know you then have to negotiate 90,000 people ?
    Personally, I'd leave 12.30 latest. 

I'd rather be in the ground soaking up the atmosphere for an hour, than panicking I'm going to miss kick off. 
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    I'm coming up from Cardiff, thinking of driving to Reading then getting the train into to Paddington and tube to Wembley. If anyone else is coming up from the West let me know what your plans are see if we can meet on the way etc.
    Beardface - last year when we saw ELO play at Wembley, my brother and sister in law who live in Henley (close to both Reading and High Wycombe) got a train from High Wycombe to Wembley. That avoided the need to go into Paddington from Reading and then get the tube on to Wembley. They said afterwards they got on a train pretty quickly back to High Wycombe. Might be worth you checking that out.
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    I'm coming up from Cardiff, thinking of driving to Reading then getting the train into to Paddington and tube to Wembley. If anyone else is coming up from the West let me know what your plans are see if we can meet on the way etc.
    Beardface - last year when we saw ELO play at Wembley, my brother and sister in law who live in Henley (close to both Reading and High Wycombe) got a train from High Wycombe to Wembley. That avoided the need to go into Paddington from Reading and then get the tube on to Wembley. They said afterwards they got on a train pretty quickly back to High Wycombe. Might be worth you checking that out.
    I looked at the High Wycombe option the other day because on @Covered End recommendation Wembley Stadium station on the Chiltern Line is the best one to use and it was circa £20 return. Or drive on to Gerrards Cross.
  • Options
    Typical Charlton, loving the train chat😉
  • Options

Driving in from Chobham to Wembley. Booked the "Red" car park (designated for Charlton supporters) next to the stadium.  £30, but easier, quicker and cheaper than the 2 of us getting a train in to Waterloo and then the tube round to Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Driving in from Chobham to Wembley. Booked the "Red" car park (designated for Charlton supporters) next to the stadium.  £30, but easier, quicker and cheaper than the 2 of us getting a train in to Waterloo and then the tube round to Wembley.
    Me too Robin, park tidy please I don't want to use a can opener to get back into my motor :wink:.
  • Options
    I have booked one of the over priced car parking spaces at Wembley, worth the cost for the peace of mind and I don't fancy risking the long train journey.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow that I manage to get tickets for the actual game. 
  • Options
    I have booked one of the over priced car parking spaces at Wembley, worth the cost for the peace of mind and I don't fancy risking the long train journey.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow that I manage to get tickets for the actual game. 
    Chillax, you will be fine.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Wembley, among the most inaccessible football stadiums in the country. This will only be the second time I have been there with Charlton and the coach will be my method of transport. If on the piss and time or company is not going to be an issue then get the train and spend a few hours fart arsing about and go for beers afterwards. 

If you are driving, firstly I salute you, as parking round Wembley has become big business. There is a fairly easily accessible car park at the back of a working mens club at the Brent council end of Wembley. There will be a lot of signs up of people offering to park on their drives for anything from a tenner further out to 30 quid nearby. 

Don't expect to get anywhere quickly though 
    I’m not sure it’s as “inaccessible” these days as it used to be. 
  • Options
    Ive just booked a campsite at nearby Denham. Cab or train  the 11 miles. 😊
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Carter said:
    Wembley, among the most inaccessible football stadiums in the country. This will only be the second time I have been there with Charlton and the coach will be my method of transport. If on the piss and time or company is not going to be an issue then get the train and spend a few hours fart arsing about and go for beers afterwards. 

If you are driving, firstly I salute you, as parking round Wembley has become big business. There is a fairly easily accessible car park at the back of a working mens club at the Brent council end of Wembley. There will be a lot of signs up of people offering to park on their drives for anything from a tenner further out to 30 quid nearby. 

Don't expect to get anywhere quickly though 
    I’m not sure it’s as “inaccessible” these days as it used to be. 
    Depends, it's not the stadiums fault. It is where it is, it's a nasty part of London to get to. The shiny new station and the volume of police that are involved helps but I wouldn't say it is any quicker to get there and back now as it was 20 years ago. 

It was definitely an easier drive 20 years ago
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Me too Robin, park tidy please I don't want to use a can opener to get back into my motor :wink:.
    No worries. Leaving Chelsea tractor at home and taking wife's car.
  • Options
    Anyone driving in from the west:
    Free street parking around 
    Hillingdon tube (Met line to Wembley Park)
    Ickenham tube (same)
    West Ruislip tube (rail to Wembley)
    Northolt tube (rail to Wembley Stadium). 

From the North:

Stanmore tube (Jubilee to Wembley Park). 

Hope that helps. 
  • Options
    train from Gillingham Dorset to Waterloo
    Bakerloo to Marylebone then train to Wembley Stadium
  • Options
    train from Gillingham Dorset to Waterloo
    Bakerloo to Marylebone then train to Wembley Stadium
    What train lanc?