Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What to do if your tickets don't arrive

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019
    vff said:
    robroy said:
    Ok here we go. 

I managed to get through and spoke to a nice chap.

There are five working there today and they have lists of emails about 200 each. The calls are coming in thick and fast. 

He said don't panic and we should get the ticket emailed today. The first emails are being sent at 5pm and they will send every hour until 9. If your tickets arrive in the post then they are void if they send you a new one. 

I asked the question “what happens if no ticket is emailed and it’s tomorrow and you are closed”. He said they are an external company and will be open so not to worry. He also said that if it comes to the day then you can take your confirmation email and payment card to Wembley and they will print it for you. There will be two areas doing this from 11:30am. West stand and another.

He said there have been plenty of errors with people getting tickets with concession stamped on by mistake etc.

They are working to get it sorted and at least we have tomorrow and worst case can go on the day with the email confirmation. 

Fingers crossed for all my fellow Addicks out there waiting like me. 

Good information & its helpful but it would be more reassuring if this was officially communicated. Not that I am doubting what the unnamed person from the unnamed company says to you (unnamed person on website).

If the arrangements are not officially confirmed then it is only a guide / suggestion. 

I paid by Credit card but don't have a pin set up - so if I ended up having to go to Wembley then they would likely ask for me to put in card with pin that I don't have...… ????………..Not a particularly reassuring last ditch fall back for me. 

A bit of proper communication on the OS & contingency plan would help sort this.  Good that the phone lines were opened until 9pm but additional plan is needed. I do not want to let down my 10 year old grand niece who is very excited about going to Wembley.

I would request that the ticket office consider a plan B for tomorrow and communicate the options clearly

(Being open would be a start)

Call queue still full - I have been trying to get through for the past 1 hour and 3/4. 
    Queue still full - 16.08 - 16.20.
  • Options
    Despite being told 3.30 for the email, nothing yet received. Some people told 2pm, others 5pm, it all smacks of BS to me - so much different information out there. Nobody seems to have a clear idea of what is happening, least of all the club. Hopefully the bastard things will still turn up in the post tomorrow.

Not the CAFC ticket office's fault I'm sure but whoever is behind it, this is a woefully inefficient way to send out tickets. Relying on the postal service in 2019 when just about everyone has email is laughable.
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:
    Despite being told 3.30 for the email, nothing yet received. Some people told 2pm, others 5pm, it all smacks of BS to me - so much different information out there. Nobody seems to have a clear idea of what is happening, least of all the club. Hopefully the bastard things will still turn up in the post tomorrow.

Not the CAFC ticket office's fault I'm sure but whoever is behind it, this is a woefully inefficient way to send out tickets. Relying on the postal service in 2019 when just about everyone has email is laughable.
    I was told the club hadn't yet informed them when it would be sent out... that was less the a hour ago 
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

I'm more worried that the ticket will turn up tomorrow but i've requested via email to send an E-Ticket (of which they havent) and my hard ticket would be cancelled - without an e-ticket to replace it! 

what a fucking shambles. not enough staff on desk, not a phone system capable of handling the traffic, but even worse, not having the ticket office open on the last business day prior to the biggest game of the year! 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Tom_Hovi said:

I was told the club hadn't yet informed them when it would be sent out... that was less the a hour ago 
    We all seem to have been told something different - essentially the same message but with different details as to when this famous email might be sent. Shambolic.
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:
    shine166 said:
    Tom_Hovi said:

We all seem to have been told something different - essentially the same message but with different details as to when this famous email might be sent. Shambolic.
    I was just told the email address was no longer being monitored!!!!!!!! WTF
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019
    It would be helpful for the club / ticketing to advise that they will be open on Saturday / & working to resolve any tickets that have not arrived. I would then be happier to wait for tomorrow's post (rather than wasting hours on a permanently full phone queue) & be confident that I could get through for a duplicate to be emailed tomorrow. 

Others may feel the same and the phone lines would free up - so that staff can then concentrate on sending out emails today. Hopefully many tickets would arrive tomorrow in the post and there would likely be fewer calls for duplicates tomorrow.

(Call queue full 16.35)
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:
    shine166 said:
    Tom_Hovi said:

This is getting beyond a joke
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    msomerton said:
     I will not blame the club staff, as they are dealing with which ever ticket sales company  Wembly stadium use. So are constrained by there proceedures.
    I don't blame club staff for any problems but it's not a Wembley Stadium issue as Sunderland are selling via Ticketmaster. Charlton appear to have outsourced it to someone else.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
     I will not blame the club staff, as they are dealing with which ever ticket sales company  Wembly stadium use. So are constrained by there proceedures.
    I don't blame club staff for any problems but it's not a Wembley Stadium issue as Sunderland are selling via Ticketmaster. Charlton appear to have outsourced it to someone else.
    https://www.ticketzone.co.uk/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tom_Hovi said:
    Tom_Hovi said:
    shine166 said:
    Tom_Hovi said:

This is getting beyond a joke
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ce7d64bd7b3f/important-information-for-fans-yet-to-receive-their-wembley-ticket

"Fans are advised not to email the ticket office and to keep trying 03432 081 496 until they get through."
  • Options
    It really is an utter f***ing shambles.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    No doubt the cheapest tender!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019
    Ticket Master would have been able to handle the volume easily. 

3 hours & the call queue is full - how the hell does anyone get an answer on the this damned line. 

No plan B or communication either from the managers of the unnamed outsourced company / ticket office / or comms :neutral: 

Its 16.45 and lots of Charlton supporters without tickets will be arriving home soon :neutral:

16.51 Ticket queue is still full. :neutral:
  • Options
    vff said:

3 hours & the call queue is full - how the hell does anyone get an answer on the this damned line. 

No plan B either from the managers of the unnamed outsourced company / ticket office / or comms :neutral: 

Its 16.45 and lots of Charlton supporters without tickets will be arriving home soon :neutral:

Lot of people with short memories on here, people were up in arms that we used Ticketmaster last time.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019
    PopIcon said:
    vff said:

No plan B either from the managers of the unnamed outsourced company / ticket office / or comms :neutral: 

Lot of people with short memories on here, people were up in arms that we used Ticketmaster last time.
    People were ok after Ticket Master proved to be up to the job. 

Call queue is currently full 16.58 /17.05

This is a fecking pain in the balls
  • Options
    Does anyone know whether our ticket pick up point is the East or the West box-office?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    vff said:

That was for a match at The Valley...
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019
    Mrkinski said:
    Does anyone know whether our ticket pick up point is the East or the West box-office?
       Do I have to go all the way to Wembley to pick up the damned tickets tomorrow ? 

Call queue full unfortunately 17:20 / 17:35
  • Options
    vff said:
    Mrkinski said:
    If i do i'll be billing cafc for the journey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    msomerton said:
    In Belgium?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2019
    vff said:
    Mrkinski said:
    If i do i'll be billing cafc for the journey.
    There is a number for that.....Hang on......I have it here......03432 081496..... :wink:
  • Options
    This is like Jim whites takeover deadlines.

2 o’clock emailed link - passed
    5 o’clock emailed link - passed 

send me my tickets you c*nts whoever is responsible!?!?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    vff said:

That was for a match at The Valley...
    No doubt the 1p commission on each ticket was too good for RD to turn down. Although the ticket says it did want to play and would have signed the original offer on the table ;)

We are waiting in 6 but I've told my dad not to bother with the "hotline" today as seems the answers being given aren't helpful.

To be honest I booked the Donny home match online and the tickets ordered were Row H. When they arrived, they were Row BB. No point complaining though is there.

The ticketing system is better than a person answering a fone. But not by much! Imagine it's off the shelf IT software but poorly implemented at our end. 
  • Options

I'm of the firm opinion that there isn't even a queue - i haven't heard of anyone actually being in the queue yet... only of people unable to join the queue.

fucking joke.
  • Options
    Just got back in..
    tickets arrived but now on duplicate list so tickets are void 
  • Options

I'm of the firm opinion that there isn't even a queue - i haven't heard of anyone actually being in the queue yet... only of people unable to join the queue.

fucking joke.
    I’m lucky enough to have got through mate I’m just waiting on the email they promised and keep putting back.
  • Options

fucking joke.
    I’m lucky enough to have got through mate I’m just waiting on the email they promised and keep putting back.
    What time was that mate? been ringing since 11am and cant get through?

• Options
    Have to agree with BR7 would someone please send me my fcuking tickets. My cash was taken quick enuff so cough up.

All fricken day spent either waiting on the postman or ringing someone who then says they have to email the club... Wtf!

CAFC sort it, statement of intent? something.... it's not difficult. Grrrrrr