Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Nottingham Forest | Wed 21 August | POST-MATCH VIEWS

edited August 2019 in General Charlton
Unbelievable in the first half and played them off the pitch, but only managed a 1-0 lead. Couldn't sustain that level into the second and they were lucky to get back and level it up. They're fortunate to get a share of the points away from home, after being second best for most of the game. That's football.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    “POST”
  • Options
    A few more teeth and it’d have been 3 for us. Still undefeated, and feels good to stick it to those overconfident twonks.
  • Options
    Oh that was disappointing!!

Forest didnt deserve the point but then we didnt deserve all three against Burton last season, sadly thats not how Football works

Move on to the next one - Tonight shows we've certainly got the depth to be a threat this season
  • Options
    Didn't see the match but reading all these glowing reviews of it, the Charlton in me just knew things would have a sour ending...
  • Options
    PWR and PWW (watching). Game of two halves. Leko should have put that away. Oztumer wow.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    “POST”
    This.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Really should of killed that off 1st half, but what a start 8 points and we’re annoyed at not beating forest - who look awful. 

Field that was a bad tackle if prem would be a pen and a red no questions, got lucky with that. 

Defensively I expected them to score in 2nd half and they did making 2 subs at a corner was foolish, and likely cost us another 2 points.

• Options
    The fine margins between mid table and top 6 were seen tonight. Leko puts that away and we’re top right now.

Still 4 unbeaten and onto Saturday. I’ll take it.

• Options
    Gutted, should have put them to the sword, but would've taken a point before kick off so hard to feel too disappointed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What a disappointing result after the way we’d played first half. I can’t remember a more dominant display. Oztumer was making everything tick and looked a massive threat. Him going off and Aneke coming on changed everything - Aneke to me looked really poor giving away fouls and everything coming back off of him. Williams in Oztumer’s position wasn’t the same threat tonight. Leko was also causing hell up front with his pace. We should have gone on to punish Forest after the first 20 mins whereby forest hardly touched the ball and instead we were hanging on to the point. 

• Options
    2 points dropped although Forest improved second half, needed to kill them off in the first half. 

Oztumer looks quality, Field could have been sent off & impressed with Leko in the first half. 

Still, 5th in the league & unbeaten in the League, would have torn your arm off for this start - on to Saturday 
  • Options
    Should have been out of sight first half. As good as I've seen us for a long time. Was always going to struggle to maintain that tempo and Forest to be so insipid. In the end though it turned into one of those games when you take the point. Questionable timing of the subs at a corner and Aneke was sadly ineffective.

Far more positives than negatives though and thought Oztumer and Field slotted in well. With Hemed and Kayal still to come I think we'll do well.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    On the whole, a good game, should have been two up at the break. We have some classy players but gave them that equaliser , I think 1-0 would have been a fair result. Poor timing with the subs.
  • Options
    Exceptional first half almost faultless. Second half different story.
    We opened the door and let them get comfortable in possession.
    I think Lockyer was unlucky looking at the replay but nonetheless we let them in.
    Its a point against a half decent side but if we can play like we did in the first half throughout every match we will walk this league.
    Onwards and upwards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have taken a draw before the game but after that first half gutted we didn't take all 3 points.
  • Options
    We should have won that one, I think Bow will have to put his hands up to making the subs at corners not helping.
    We didn’t press enough in the second half, which allowed Forest to play.
    Well done the Cupboard End, great noise !
    Fifth in the table...that’ll do.
    COYRs
  • Options
    Shows how far we have come to be gutted with a draw against Forest
  • Options
    I would have taken 8 points from 4 games a month ago and still will. At least the scum got what they deserve.