Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019 General Election - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I can see this being even worse the 191 seats for Labour. 

Re-count at Blythe Valley which would be a 10% swing to the Tories. 

Yep can see all the marginal predicted by the exit poll falling the Tory way.
  • Options
    Rothko, you might not like hearing it but it’s foolish to deny these are real issues that have not been managed in the eyes of a lot of voters and it results in these outpourings.
    What issues? Genuinely I'd like to hear what issues these are. I live in a seat where only 40% of people here were born in this country. Are they responsible for this countries problems? Or is it the lack of funding by successive Tory governments in local services? 
  • Options
    I have to say I'm impressed that the UK public, faced with the opportunity to have more or less everything for free, have not been bribed and been able to hold their nerve. 

For me it restores faith in the British public that I never really lost. 
  • Options
    NS has said that she will swim naked across Louch Ness if the SNP win 50 or more seats.  
  • Options
    Hilarious interview with Mark Francois on BBC.
      Finally been let back out of his box after a month in exile. Expect the rest of his vermin mates to be all over the media in the coming hours
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Rothko, you might not like hearing it but it’s foolish to deny these are real issues that have not been managed in the eyes of a lot of voters and it results in these outpourings.
    What issues? Genuinely I'd like to hear what issues these are. I live in a seat where only 40% of people here were born in this country. Are they responsible for this countries problems? Or is it the lack of funding by successive Tory governments in local services? 

It's clear that it doesn't matter that 93.6% of the population in Sunderland (for example) are white British. No-one cares about statistics and logic anymore, these elections are won and lost on emotion.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Keir Starmer favourite to take on the Labour leadership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those towns are on their arses because of globalisation, and a failure of governments of all colours failing them since 1979, the big industries being ripped out of them and not being replaced, and their communities being starved of cash for the last 10 years. If you want to blame Immigrants for people's high streets being ripped apart by business rate increases or online shopping, or their library shutting down, or the Sure Start centre being closed, or their A&E not having any money put into it, and you think in towns where populations have in large areas have dropped or stayed static because of internal migration in the UK. 

But it suits home country racists to blame people who contribute more to the UK coming here and cleaning the arses of baby boomers in nursing homes, then themselves, who quiet happy to pocket a tax cut and not give a shit about public services being gutted. 

Corbyn was never the answer, he's a different kind of racist 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    se9addick said:
    Rothko said:
    se9addick said:
    Rothko said:
    BTW, how do you stop the SNP now from getting another referendum? Scotland is so far away from England and Wales now, they've overwhelmingly voted remain twice now if this is an EU related election. Their mandate is stronger then ever
    Because Boris said he won’t grant another referendum and, with a majority of this size, he won’t have to do anything he doesn’t want to.

Queue the next constitutional crisis.
    The Tories will then get a shoeing in the Scottish Parliament elections next year,  you then can't really say no if the SNP win a Scottish election with a majority (and they'll get close to 50% of the vote as well)
    i think the results up in Holyrood next year could really leave it impossible not to have a second referendum  
    How can Boris be forced into it if he has an enormous majority? There needs to be a transfer of power from Westminster to Holyrood which requires executive approval or a vote in Westminster - Boris can stop either giving said approval very easily.  
    You end up with a Catalonia situation on your own doorstep, wouldn't be surprised if the SNP then called a non binding referendum, win that, and even more hell breaks loose 
    The SNP, if the polls are correct tonight, could have a stronger case than the Catalan nationalists, much more so if they followed up with a similar result in the Holyrood elections, because they would have a clear democratic mandate, which was not the case in the Catalan example. 
  • Options
    I voted conservative and am on way home from work Xmas party so not seen any coverage yet. 

What I will say is that I am pleased if predictions are true but have always said that to have a strong government you need a strong opposition and Corbyn et al are not that. 

Cameron fucked up by promising referendum. 
    May fucked up by calling an unnecessary election which caused this Brexit impasse. 
    Labour fucked up by not getting behind Brexit and then positioning themselves to challenge at the next election 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    It might be one or both colthe3rd, you’d have to ask people. And that’s what local politicians in these areas should be trying to ascertain. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people don’t like change, they don’t like the make-up of their Town/City/Country changing so dramatically in a short period of time. They link local issues with these changes. 

For the umpteenth time, I’m not suggesting they’re right, but that doesn’t mean it’s not happening and is not a factor when it comes to voting day. 
  • Options
    1 seat for Labour woo hoo
  • Options
    Newcastle 1 Sunderland 0

Another defeat for Parky
  • Options
    Sunderland are having a poor year aren’t they.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Labour hold Newcastle Upon Tyne Central. Swing Labour to Conservative of 3.8%. This constituency voted remain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chi Onwura puts Labour 1-0 up. Can they hold on?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chi Onwura puts Labour 1-0 up. Can they hold on?
    No
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    I voted conservative and am on way home from work Xmas party so not seen any coverage yet. 

What I will say is that I am pleased if predictions are true but have always said that to have a strong government you need a strong opposition and Corbyn et al are not that. 

Cameron fucked up by promising referendum. 
    May fucked up by calling an unnecessary election which caused this Brexit impasse. 
    Labour fucked up by not getting behind Brexit and then positioning themselves to challenge at the next election 
      If this exit poll is correct it appears that Cameron did not fuck up by calling a referendum.

The Tories will be as strong as they've ever been.
    Genius.!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Labour hold Sunderland South. Swing Labour to Conservative 11%. This constituency voted leave.
  • Options
    Tories will ruin this country. 
    Said each and every time they come to power. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

• Options
    Blyth valley game over
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Blyth valley game over
     Jeez. Exit poll bang on
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    NS has said that she will swim naked across Louch Ness if the SNP win 50 or more seats.  
    No, that was Ruth Davidson. Not all Scottish people look the same!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!