Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019 General Election - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    wonder if Brexit party will get more votes (and no seats) than the LibDs and SNP ?
    Definitely they’ll get more than the SNP
  • Options
    Social media is a funny thing.  Judging by my Facebook and Twitter feeds over the past few weeks, you would think hardly anyone votes Tory, yet come election night, they win by a very large margin. 

I think Labour voters are just very very vocal about it 
    At work this week we were discussing the "silent majority" and their influence. Don't know if there is any evidence to suggest this exists, but it certainly seems to play out...
    Quite possibly. Also, people don't want to admit to voting Tory... Well, if you're ashamed!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I think it’s more that Labour supporters tend to be younger and therefore more engaged with social media. Tory voters tend to be older and therefore engage with traditional media (newspapers etc) so you see more Tory representation in the printed press.

These are generalisations but I think broadly accurate.
    Agree with this.
  • Options
    Tory voters are generally too old to know what social media is. 
  • Options
    Seeing some serious delusion from the Corbyn cultists. This is at least partially on them
  • Options
    Not all obviously but the left always have a lot to say, on social media, down the pub, in my office. And just like after the Brexit vote, the next stage will be to get nasty about it, already seen the insults flying on fb 🙄
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    wonder if Brexit party will get more votes (and no seats) than the LibDs and SNP ?
    Definitely they’ll get more than the SNP
    enforces the argument for proportional representation .. BUT, us Brits tend to like winners and losers
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    If this WASN'T a Brexit election, I'd love to know why LEAVE voting constituencies are swinging to the Tories and the REMAIN voting constituencies are to a lesser extent (probably) swinging to Labour.
  • Options
    Swinson is 50/50 to lose her seat. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I think it’s more that Labour supporters tend to be younger and therefore more engaged with social media. Tory voters tend to be older and therefore engage with traditional media (newspapers etc) so you see more Tory representation in the printed press.

I also think it’s a key point that it’s a lot lot easier to say things when it’s not your party that is actually in power or has any form of accountability. In power, you are a target. 
  • Options
    Still have a feel that Conservative won’t get as many seats as predicted. 
    Now not so sure after Swindon North vote
  • Options
    Katya Adler could have some
  • Options
    If this WASN'T a Brexit election, I'd love to know why LEAVE voting constituencies are swinging to the Tories and the REMAIN voting constituencies are to a lesser extent (probably) swinging to Labour.
    Just said on Sky that exit poll is showing Labour is down in both Remain and Leave voting seats.
  • Options
    Yeah, Lib Dem and Greens also taking votes from Labour, the tactical voting campaigns have failed.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Katya Adler could have some
    And Nina Hossain.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Just had moment, thinking about how old I’m going to be before we have a realistic chance of seeing a Labour government...

Kids who are eight/nine years old today will have the vote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Vincenzo said:
    Let me be the first to welcome our Russian overlords.

The UK is finished, Europe is weakened, Brits think they’ve taken back control - money well spent!

https://youtu.be/z4uivPpzCGo
  • Options
    se9addick said:

This. A lot of Tory voters are aged 50+ & think a tweet is something a budgie does.

Dont forget anyone aged 50+ remembers the Labour Government of the 1970's......The winter of discounted & striking workers wanting pay rises of 23%. Corbyn & McDonnell's policies could have take  us back to those days.
  • Options
    I think with the results we've seen so far, the Tories majority will probably be bigger than the Exit poll suggested.
  • Options
    It will be funny to see Kier Starmer take over at the top for Labour as it was he who is mainly to blame for Labours woes. At the Labour Party Conference in 2018 he got them to add to their "manisfesto" a remain option & to go for a 2nd referendum. Not heard anything from.him all campaign
    ...I wonder why..?? 
  • Options
    Aaron Banks thinks Nuneaton is “up North”!
  • Options
    It will be funny to see Kier Starmer take over at the top for Labour as it was he who is mainly to blame for Labours woes. At the Labour Party Conference in 2018 he got them to add to their "manisfesto" a remain option & to go for a 2nd referendum. Not heard anything from.him all campaign
    ...I wonder why..?? 
      'kin Sam Allardyce couldn't get them out of the shit pit they find themselves in!
  • Options
    Aaron Banks thinks Nuneaton is “up North”!
    Isnt that where Karen Carpenter was from?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

This. A lot of Tory voters are aged 50+ & think a tweet is something a budgie does.

Dont forget anyone aged 50+ remembers the Labour Government of the 1970's......The winter of discounted & striking workers wanting pay rises of 23%. Corbyn & McDonnell's policies could have take  us back to those days.
    Nonsense. You sound like a Tory press baron yourself golfie, scared of change.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!