Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bristol City | Boxing Day | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Anyone over 5 foot 10 and with a pair of boots needs to get in touch with the club, will get a place on the bench at least. The luck with injuries is quite surreal but a massive 3 points against a club I really wanted to beat. 

We need a defender desperately, we just look like conceding so often. I’m confident our character will keep us up, but the takeover and January is going to be interesting! 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Bit of argy on the pitch at the end? 

Who did the tunell jump?
    Ossie Ardilles wasn't working for Sky was he? 😉
    Ricky Villa maybe?
  • Options
    I seriously suggest that Jacko reactivates his player registration. Got to be at least as good as Ledley.
  • Options
    Bloody needed that, well pleased.
  • Options
    Now can we keep our top scorer for once in January? 
  • Options
    SCENES!!!!

Looking forward to Bowyer's post match interview. 
    I think he may say we deserved to win that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just said it on the Players Marks with regards to Bonne but the over-riding question of recent weeks...

How many times has he gone missing, how many chances has he actually missed

Think there are very occasions where either has happened

He's gone "missing" because he's not like Taylor who can create his own chances yet needs to be fed to be kept amongst the goals
  • Options
    Morgan was excellent on and off the ball today. Physically looked much stronger. Excellent stuff.
  • Options
    Match winning performance by Macca!
    That's what I was trying to tell you last week ! He just needed to strike up a rapport with Taylor and he would prove he's a championship striker.
    If anyone gives him less than 9 on the old score board they are clueless.
  • Options
    What a great result !
    Added , added time shredded my nerves , but the team held out , and held their  nerve 
    Everybody played their part today.
    What fantastic spirit, COYR.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

I think you will find that Bonne is our top scorer.

• Options
    As others have said some players put an absolute shift in. I was very concerned when they went ahead as our heads seemed to drop and Brizzle had a few decent chances to put the game away, always felt we would win once the equaliser went in. A scrappy performance but definitely what was needed given that run, I'd like to see a lot less of the long ball but hopefully that will come once we get a fit/fitter squad and confidence returns.

Not sure I get the criticism for time added on, 4 goals, 3 subs and a couple of injuries, there was always going to be plenty of time to add. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought the ref had to stop play and give a drop ball if the ball hits him. Stroud did not stop play when the ball hits him on the edge of their penalty area in the first half. 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    I thought the ref had to stop play and give a drop ball if the ball hits him. Stroud did not stop play when the ball hits him on the edge of their penalty area in the first half. 
    he does if it results in a goal, promising attack or change of possession; otherwise play on (I don't know what happened in the incident you mention)
  • Options
    Fantastic win, really pleased with that. Hard to single out MoM but I'd probably go for Bonne because he scored twice and made the third. Which felt good.
  • Options
    Fantastic result. Especially at Christmas. Worried now about Gallagher but we shall see. But didn’t we
    do well in his absence?Morgan and Doughty Are the new kids on the block and must start every game.
     Pratley Was once again fantastic and Bonne Became a lifesaver and hopefully his form will
    improve. So so pleased with the three points. Let’s see how we do with who we’ve got over the next few games.