Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bristol City | Boxing Day | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Who the hell is Giovana Fuentes ?
    Bonne's missus?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Who the hell is GiovanaFuentes ?
    My new favourite charlton fan. 
    No comments about women please.
  • Options
    Giovanna Fuentes is a Mexican actress !
    How did she become a Cafc fan ?
  • Options
    Giovanna Fuentes is a Mexican actress !
    How did she become a Cafc fan ?
    Her fella is a Charlton fan
  • Options
    Pleased with the win. Very pleased. When we lost Gallagher and they scored I feared the worst. It felt flat and for the first time this season I thought we were dead and buried. Was fearing a heavy defeat. Great finishing by Bonne. Not the finished article by a long way but he's progressing nicely. Good gutsy performance. Get a result at derby and we will be back on track.  Hoping Taylor stays but not confident. Also hoping we keep Cullen and Gallagher. Both vital in the middle. Hope Field is coming back fit but it has gone a bit quiet so may not be great news.

• Options
    I have not read anywhere (although I may have missed it), but Bonne's second goal, he won the first header, before Taylor won the second header to put Bonne through. Bonne does not seem strong but he proved in that goal, what LB told him to do, and be stronger
  • Options
    Some interesting formation changes for Pratley and Oshilaja.

We started with Pratley in the middle of the back 3, with Oshilaja in midfield, but when Purrington came on it seemed that Oshilaja dropped back into defence with Pratley pushing up into midfield - he started marauding more at this point. Then when Pearce came on, Oshilaja moved back into midfield!
  • Options
    In the midst of the traditional seasonal excess I am happy to indulge a little further with a hefty dose of humble pie. After a decent first half showing I was convinced that our first 20 minutes showing in the second was that of a relegation outfit. We came out asleep and were all over the place. No way back from 2-1 down and with Gallagher added to the injury list, I reached for a stiff scotch and swore a lot. First game I’ve missed this season due to a horrible chest infection and I have to say that Sky red button coverage does nothing to help lift the mood.   I have no idea where the subsequent rally came from but it was as vital as it was unexpected. With Stoke performing injury time miracles and Barnsley holding West Brom the table was beginning to look a little ugly. That three points might prove to be absolutely vital in the overall run of things. Much water and many bridges to go yet but that might just give us the lift we need to crack on. We desperately need reinforcements though.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Throughout this injury crisis, we have not got the results but we have been in every game. Considering how we have been down to the bare bones it tells us two things. 1) Importantly, there is a great fighting spirit within the club and 2) The league really isn't that scary. When we can start genuinely moving out of this crisis we will be moving out stronger. Both Doughty and Morgan are strong positives and Bonne has been a massive positive.  Morgan is clearly working on the part of his game he needs to and Doughty is showing that whilst raw, he has all the attributes. Bonne is developing at an incredible pace.

Having said that, I think our victory against City was as much due to them as us. Again, two factors played into our hands. 1) The had lost three on the bounce and their confidence was low.and 2) their defence is very slow and easy to get behind. These attributes suited us. Derby are certainly lacking in confidence so hopefully we will benefit in the same way. That win will certainly give the players we can put out belief that they are good enough.
    We were playing more through balls for Doughty and Bonne in particular to chase down, something that has frustratingly been missing in our game and because it was working even Phillips got in on the act.
  • Options
    When you have a midfield all out injured it is the tactic to use. I think it should work better away than home so having two away games coming up is a bonus. Of course a bigger bonus would be to have our players back. 
  • Options
    That luxury of pumping a 50/50 in their half comes with having two fit strikers up top,.something we haven't had all season really. Allows us to mix it up and not be so predictable.

Lockyer hit one on the volley which was an incredible pass and nearly lead to a goal. Haven't seen a replay of that anywhere. 
  • Options
    Yes, it helps having Taylor and Bonne up top. In fact, it is essential.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Yes, it helps having Taylor and Bonne up top. In fact, it is essential.
    I think the pace of Doughty and the fact he was repeatedly taking players on and beating them was just a big a worry because of those two ready to pounce on anything that comes their way. That trio could be the next Killer, Flash and Paddy.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention after the game I loved the way pratley and Taylor showed Da Silva (not that they should) no respect and got under his skin. 
  • Options
    Forgot to mention after the game I loved the way pratley and Taylor showed Da Silva (not that they should) no respect and got under his skin. 
    Why what happened between them?
  • Options
    Neither were here when he was here, right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some interesting formation changes for Pratley and Oshilaja.

We started with Pratley in the middle of the back 3, with Oshilaja in midfield, but when Purrington came on it seemed that Oshilaja dropped back into defence with Pratley pushing up into midfield - he started marauding more at this point. Then when Pearce came on, Oshilaja moved back into midfield!
    3-5-2 became 4-diamond-2 then 4-4-2 ended up 5-4-1 
  • Options
    Nope, both joined last season, Dasilva left the summer beforehand

It was the Shrewsbury games (Dasilva's last) that made Bowyer realise that we needed someone like Pratley in the team
  • Options
    I'd be interested to know where those who say that Bonne shouldn't have been booked were sitting? To me it was clear....Bonne chased the bloke back and with no chance or intention of playing the ball, tripped him from behind in full flight. One of the most straightforward yellows you could get. Might have looked different to those sitting behind the goal. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I'd be interested to know where those who say that Bonne shouldn't have been booked were sitting? To me it was clear....Bonne chased the bloke back and with no chance or intention of playing the ball, tripped him from behind in full flight. One of the most straightforward yellows you could get. Might have looked different to those sitting behind the goal. 
    Yeah was 100% a yellow
  • Options
    Not a great deal but da Silva gets a round of applause from the crowd, next thing you know we're 2-1 down.

Pratley went nose to nose in the box and Taylor bullied him couple of times.

We are too nice to returning players sometimes. 

Da Silva was never my favourite player and was no surprise we targeted a diags towards him just like very other league 1 team did against us when he was LB. 

LM yeah, I can see that but as a LB  nah, not for me thanks. 
  • Options
    Not a great deal but da Silva gets a round of applause from the crowd, next thing you know we're 2-1 down.

Pratley went nose to nose in the box and Taylor bullied him couple of times.

We are too nice to returning players sometimes. 

Da Silva was never my favourite player and was no surprise we targeted a diags towards him just like very other league 1 team did against us when he was LB. 

LM yeah, I can see that but as a LB  nah, not for me thanks. 
    A pretty poor defender who a lot of our fans raved about because he was good going forward. Got bullied too easily.
  • Options

It was the Shrewsbury games (Dasilva's last) that made Bowyer realise that we needed someone like Pratley in the team
    Rather revisionist view of
    proceedings, given that Pratley hardly played from December onwards last season
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    wmcf123 said:

Rather revisionist view of
    proceedings, given that Pratley hardly played from December onwards last season
    Bowyer was the one who said that about Pratley

Think Jackson said the same at a Bromley Addicks meeting