Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bristol City | Boxing Day | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Don't think we played that we'll, City looking slicker, faster and more threatening but we were happy to go long to man of the match Bonne and Taylor.  No problem with that as needs must.

Two good finishes from Bonne, especially the second. Good assist too.

Pleased for Lockyer giving it to the City fans after they gave it to him. Thought his was at fault for their first but would need to see it again.

"What's it all about, Alfie?"

Big weight off the mind of Bowyer and the team.

Just need to get through December and get some new players in, and a takeover, in January.
    I thought the same with Lockyer. Won’t begrudge him a mistake as he’s been excellent this season. 

Beat Derby and things are looking up again. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Bit of argy on the pitch at the end? 

Who did the tunell jump?
    Ossie Ardilles wasn't working for Sky was he? 😉

Aww RC, you’re better than that mate  ;)
  • Options
    Best I've felt after a league game since Jacko v QPR first game of my new half season in my new spot so happy to be back just wish this takeover goes through now. Hope I havent made a false start and shitarse is still in his pissy seat come the end of the month 
  • Options
    One nil up at half time and playing pretty well, I thought I would sit in the upper tier behind the covered end. I'm a curious kind of bloke and not been in the upper block before. Anyhow, I sit down and they score straight away. Am I a jinx, I thought? A few minutes later they scored a second to take the lead. Blimey, what to do. I quite liked the distant view so I stayed in my borrowed seat. I admired the way Bonne was helping out the defence and chasing balls down the channel. He was my man of the match, with Alfie not far behind. Then, blow me Bonne scored a fantastic goal out of the blue! Then just to make my Christmas he sets up Alfie for the winner. Even Stroud couldn't cock it up this time. Mind you, I had better stay in the lower tier for the next game...One last thing. Naby played great today and even hit the bar with a header.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    I'm still waiting for Stroud to disallow the last goal. 
    I’m still amazed that the five minutes of injury time were up and Stroud still found time to award them a free-kick AND a corner. But anyway well happy with the final result. Bonne with the brace and an assist for the winner is my MOM.
  • Options
    Great win and a MASSIVE 3 points to end the winless run, especially as the teams below us have been picking up wins recently.

Still frustrated by our defensive weaknesses and annoyed by Pratley (who was otherwise excellent) for kicking the ball aimlessly into touch in added time, which led to the series of throws, the free kick and corner at the end, instead of just keeping possession as he’s experienced enough to do that.

BUT so many good things today, and after so many near misses we deserved a win. Taylor and Bonne look a great combination, Bonne was a massive threat on the break and took his goals superbly, and a great moment for Doughty.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Bit of argy on the pitch at the end? 

Who did the tunell jump?
    Ossie Ardilles wasn't working for Sky was he? 😉

Aww RC, you’re better than that mate  ;)
    @AddickUpNorth You're right mate not really pc these days I should've put that nasty piece of work Rattin who got sent off in the 1966 World Cup QF 😉. Sincere condolences on your recent loss btw 😒.

• Options
    If we could defend (by that I mean cut out the bad mistakes) I would be confident that we could have been pushing play offs.

I think we could have with half the injuries but not being able to fill the bench on 2 (or was it 3?) occasions and having so many first team and first choices out for so long has been ridiculously challenging. Today is a well-deserved 3 points (even tho Bows admits a draw would have been fair) as we have lost points previously when we deserved more. Tff the Jan window, assuming the takeover goes through as there seems to be no end to the injury crisis. Why did Gallagher go off?

• Options
    There’s a video going round of City fighting between themselves. One bloke tries to kick a young kid! 
  • Options
    There’s a video going round of City fighting between themselves. One bloke tries to kick a young kid! 
    Link?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Link?
    Just asked for it, haven’t seen it myself yet. It’s only a couple I think, I heard a woman and young kid were involved. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s Bristol fans for you! City & Rovers fans are both toothless simpletons that are hyped up on scrumpy 
  • Options
    Comments from City Fans suggest the bloke hit the woman to the deck. 
  • Options
    I said on the prediction thread city fans are scum.
    This just confirmed it.
  • Options
    Hitting two women and kicking a kid. What a delightful young man. Credit to
    his family and club. 
  • Options
    How on earth has Klopp got to Leicester after being in the Brizzle end 
  • Options
    Haven’t seen the goals so if someone wants to put them up I’ll be more than grateful.

Cheers in advance.
  • Options
    Haven’t seen the goals so if someone wants to put them up I’ll be more than grateful.

Cheers in advance.
    If you go back a couple of pages Dazzler has put Sky highlights up.